ADVERTISEMENT

1AA East Discussion Board - 3rd Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
NCPreps wants to hear your thoughts on this weekend's matchups. Let the discussion begin.

4 Princeton (12-1) @ 1 Wallace Rose Hill (12-1)
3 Tarboro (10-3) @ 2 James Kenan (11-1)

I don't think a lot of people would have picked Tarboro to win this game half-way through the year. Still not sure many will pick us but I do like the way we've been playing the last month and a half. With that being said it's going to be a very tough game and going to require us to play our best game of the year. From 08-12 we broke a lot of hearts in November and Dec, and last year it was ours that was broken. Hopefully the boys remember that feeling and play with a little something extra this week. Going to be a good set of games that's for sure.

I saw 1st hand last Friday how good Tarboro's offense can be.Here is my take on the Tarboro and James Kenan game.Louisburg scored 3 times versus Tarboros 1st defense and could have scored twice more.Had the ball at the 6 going in on 2nd down in 1st half and did not score.Sacked by Tarboro on a roll out.Now Tarboro's offense is another story just to good for Louisburg's defense.I think Tarboro will score maybe 24 but i think James Kenan will out score them lets say 32-24.I think JK has enough defense to slow Tarboros offense down a little something Louisburg could not do at all.I will say that the Vikings are coming together at the right time though.Also home field advantage to the Tigers.SHOULD BE A GREAT MATCH UP.Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

I will be making the hour and half trip down to Warsaw to hope for a huge upset. I think Tarboro is playing its best football of the year at the right time and maybe just maybe we can pull another one out this week. James Kenan is a very good team and its going to take an almost perfect game from us to win but in the past we have been known to play very well on the road and upset some teams. Best of luck to the Vikings and hope the momentum continues in our favor. Go Vikings!!

Weather is looking like another cold one in store. I hope Tarboro fans pack the stadium Friday night and cheer loud for this team who at one point this year thought we would never make it this far. Come on T-Town support your team and show up Friday night!!

I just hope the home side is full...hasn't been much home field advantage as of late for the tigers.

I've been telling everyone to get there early to get a good seat. Hopefully we can have a showing like years past and outnumber the home team. As far as the game goes, I certainly expect the Tigers to put up some points on us. Our best d may be our o. Hope we can have some long drawn out drives that wear the d down and keep their o on the side line. If our backs play like they have been and hold on to the ball I believe that we're going to put up our fair share of points.

This post was edited on 11/25 1:41 PM by vikandpiratepride

Anyone that didnt think tarboro would make it this far is clueless lol.

TARBORO @ JK HERES MY TAKE JK BY 2TDS OUR PASSING GAME WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE OUR DEFENSE CAN HOLD THERE OWN WE HAVE TWO 6'4 WIDE RECIEVERS THEY WILL DIFFERENCE ONE IS A JR A D1 PROSPECT SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE CAN'T WAIT

griddie, i know what you're saying. I think most people figured we'd be here but the way the year started didn't think we'd have a legit chance to win. Talent has been there all year it just wasn't clicking at all earlier in the year.

Originally posted by Griddie:
Anyone that didnt think tarboro would make it this far is clueless lol.
This.

Look who beat Tarboro, for crying out loud. Two of them are 2-AA teams that are playing each other on Friday, and the other is a 3-A team that just lost in the second round by a touchdown to Eastern Wayne, which might be the second-best team in the 3-A East. They beat another 2-AA team that's still playing, and no 1-A team has even come closer than two TD's against them.

If Tarboro beats James Kenan, I wouldn't even call it an upset. That's a toss-up game, and if it were being played at Tarboro, I'd probably pick the Vikings to win.

It would be funny, with all of the people talking about a JK-WRH rematch, if we ended up with Princeton at Tarboro for the regional final. And with one having Johnny Frasier and the other being underrated because of their W-L record, that might happen.

"Tarboro Vikings- 1965 and 1984 3A Champs, 2009,2010,and 2011 2A Champs. 1998,2008, 2012 2A State Runner Up"
Even after 21 years, I still say that 1993 ought to be on that 3-A list. There's no way that team should have been beaten in that regional final. I can't say they're the best team I ever saw that didn't win it--Garner in 1998 and 2000 were better teams--but they should have won.

This post was edited on 11/26 1:46 AM by jsc1973

Most people around Tarboro say that was one of the greatest teams to never win it.
Back in 2011 we went on the road the first 3 rounds and spoiled two undefeated teams seasons. Hopefully we can do a little more spoiling this Friday night.

Yes we lost to two 2AA schools and one 3A and as far as I concerned we are playing another 2A team Friday night according to the numbers. JK will probably move up next alignment as will WRH. But no excuses Tarboro will be coming to play Friday and hopefully we can slow down those big receiver's enough or at least limit them to small yards. When you have big guys like that you have to get up in there face at the line of scrimmage and take there timing away. If we sit back in zone it could be a long day for us. That being said I wish both teams the best of luck just would be nice to knock the defending State champs out of the playoffs. Go Vikings!

THSVIKING, never thought i would hear Tarboro complaining about some 1-A schools numbers. I mean, ya'll probably have stoplights, maybe even a Wal-Mart or something comparable, maybe even more than one grocery store. Schools with a town as large as Tarboro should not be allowed to play with strickly rural schools, there is a difference.

LOL Bearcat67 didn't realize I was complaining but I can see how it could be taken that way. When it all comes down to it no matter what division your in you have to play the best to be the best. We have 4 high schools in the same county so it takes away from the numbers especially with the new prep school in town.

If you think about it it really don't matter who wins your game you are playing to see who Princeton beats next week. WRH defense don't got nothing for Princeton. Cant wait. I will be there early. I like to watch the other team get there last pregame warm-up of the season in.

im sure most of the princeton following has way more class than this "prince guy" i actually went to the princeton - jk game, sat on the princeton side and was very impressed. good high school football atmosphere! and yes, princeton did give the game to jk that night. my point is i guess there are idiots everywhere. good luck to the princeton faithful- have safe trip and lets all hope for an injury free game. the winner here represents the east in two weeks!

Can't wait for princedog to go ghost again after tonight. Atleast this time it will be for almost a year.

I hope you enjoyed watching Princeton's last pregame warm up for 2014, loudmouth. Princeton was going to be world beaters tonight.I hope you enjoy your crow this week.

Originally posted by PrinceofDawgs:
If you think about it it really don't matter who wins your game you are playing to see who Princeton beats next week. WRH defense don't got nothing for Princeton. Cant wait. I will be there early. I like to watch the other team get there last pregame warm-up of the season in.
ouch! That's got to have a side dish of Crow Gravy too....

Great game in Warsaw tonight. JK pulled it out despite 5 turnovers with all but one inside their own 30. Defense played outstanding. Gonna be another classic next Friday night.

This post was edited on 11/28 11:38 PM by 10fishlimit

I love saying I told you so. RIP princedog, we'll never see you again...now on to some real football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT