ADVERTISEMENT

1AA/1A bracket questions

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
No Bear Grass in 1A? They got in last year with an at-large. They won their conference.

Can't believe we have a home game with a 3 and 8 record.....lol we get 8 seed every year and have robbinsville murphy round 2 which blows.

I think Andrews will beat elkin round 2. Elkin didn't impress me last night at all

I do think we could beat Holmes and score alot on East.
I think y’all would have a hell of a game with Holmes and East although scoring a lot in East is not the way to beat them it’s next to impossible to beat them in a shootout.

Robbinsville being rated higher than East Surry and Tarboro makes me skeptical about the rating system NCHSAA uses
I’m starting to believe that the “adjusted” MaxPreps ranking is just a dancehall way of saying we are going to look at the MaxPreps ranking and then put teams wherever we please just because we can. This is why they refuse to release the criteria for it because they don’t have one it’s whatever suits them best.

Reactions: WHChoops
Ya never know which Elkin team shows up. The MVAC had a ton of parity top to bottom...but it was still a weak conference. That doesn't prepare teams well for the playoffs. Hard to believe the MVAC's next to last place team (Starmount) beat a #4 seeded M.Airy team 11 weeks ago. That's crazy. Styles truly make fights. Elkin is definitely a weak #2 seed.

Last edited:
Ya never know which Elkin team shows up. The MVAC had a ton of parity top to bottom...but it was still a weak conference. That doesn't prepare teams well for the playoffs. Hard to believe the MVAC's next to last place team (Starmount) beat a #4 seeded M.Airy team 11 weeks ago. That's crazy. Styles truly make fights. Elkin is definitely a weak #2 seed.

But if the good Elkin shows up they have a chance to make it to the 4th round then who knows what happens. But then again who knows which Elkin team shows up each night. I really feel like they played down to their competition most nights. On paper they probably should have won the MVAC and should have walked the dogs on most teams in the conference. Wild year in the MVAC.

BK13T,,,, Yes you could Score on East,,, but I dont think you would be able to outscore them !!! JMO !!!
Stay in your lane bro. I saw what the anemic Mount Airy rush game did Friday night. If they hadn't fumbled 14 times in East Surry territory... Up the gut, they got their yardage, just couldn't hold onto the ball. Anderson and Hooper would run wild on East Surry's defense. I don't think Robbinsville's defense would hold the cards passing game, but Rville would get theirs and then some.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I think Andrews will beat elkin round 2. Elkin didn't impress me last night at all

But if the good Elkin shows up they have a chance to make it to the 4th round then who knows what happens. But then again who knows which Elkin team shows up each night. I really feel like they played down to their competition most nights. On paper they probably should have won the MVAC and should have walked the dogs on most teams in the conference. Wild year in the MVAC.
Elkin has played up and down all year, at time they look like world beaters and others well they leave a lot to be desired. If the can run the ball consistently and not get to fancy with the pass game, they will be ok, they seem to have played solid defense all year. With that being said I believe Elkin will advance the farthest of the MVAC teams for sure, and I believe they will make at least a 3rd round appearance.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Elkin has played up and down all year, at time they look like world beaters and others well they leave a lot to be desired. If the can run the ball consistently and not get to fancy with the pass game, they will be ok, they seem to have played solid defense all year. With that being said I believe Elkin will advance the farthest of the MVAC teams for sure, and I believe they will make at least a 3rd round appearance.

I think you're right. They have to play Elkin football. Run run run and hit you with the pass when you don't expect it. Their size on the line can be a difference maker for them as well.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
Elkin and alleghany will make 2nd round....Elkin already has.....the rest of the conference won't win a playoff game......the conference games were great this year but when anybody from the conference played any legit team out of conference they got beat down....with the exception of starmount vs mt airy beginning of season then they tanked lol

Mitchell escape's SMC as long as possible with the new brackets
This is the one year that Mitchell to me had there best chance of winning the 1a championship and,I be damn the Mountainneers have to play up to 1aa where they will have to beat East Surry and Tarboro back to back ,now that's a tough situation. I don't think that few, if any 2a or 2aa teams could beat both those teams in consevitive weeks. Tarboros over all stare ranking is just as good as Shelby's and East Surry has an All star team.. Mitchell does have a very good team. in fact there one of the most balanced teams in the state.Mitchells defence had been there weakness in big playoff games last few years ,but that's not the case this year .I wish Mitchell the best of luck , They have a tough road to the championship.

Mitchell would have only had to play one of the 2 squads. And if murphy wins the rematch vs robbinsville Mitchell would have hosted murphy. Playing one smc team is easier than east surry and tarboro

Would have been 1.Robbinsville 2.Mitchell 3.Elkin 4.TJA 5.Murphy....so murphy would have had a home game vs west Columbus then played TJA then Robbinsville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Mountie some one would've been favored.lol.

As we see all polls and rankings have Robbinsville ahead of Mitchell so Robbinsville would've been the favorite.
Ncpreps
Carolinapreps
Highschoolhuddle
HighschoolOT
Carolinavarsity
APPoll
Maxpreps
Nchsaa adjusted
Calpreps.

I dont think Mitchell would've been the favorite in small 1a. Mitchell would've had to beat murphy or Robbinsville or both on the road.

We would have went to Robbinsville. Would’ve had Murphy at home. That’s not easy, but it’s for sure easier than East Surry then tarboro. I think we would get Murphy this year. Robbinsville would’ve been a tough one there. You never know. Not easy in any division. The bracket to get to East Surry is brutal.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT