1A West Round 3

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
1A West Round 3

Murphy @ Robinsville

Alleghany @ Thomas Jefferson
This post was edited on 11/21 11:04 PM by photo0001

All eyes will be on the showdown in Graham County next Friday night. Gonna be an electric atmosphere I have a feeling.

Well, I think it's safe to say that an SMC team will again be playing in the State championship game.

I would say most likely. But Alleghany or TJ could get a few breaks and upset one of them. Chances of that are low though. Murphy would have to travel to TJ.

Ladies and gentlemen I will say this: Murphy has morphed into a dadgum monster over the last month. Dogs playing championship level football right now on both sides of the ball. As was already said, all eyes in 1A football will be trained on Big Oaks stadium next fri night. Just couldn't ask for a better matchup.

Originally posted by Thunder.Head:
Well, I think it's safe to say that an SMC team will again be playing in the State championship game.
You may be right but I'm sure there are a lot of people (including myself) who are not ready to concede that yet.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
I didnt see anything any different about Murphy.
You're right. Nothing for the knights to worry about next week. Just go ahead and start prepping for Plymouth.

glasses.r191677.gif

I don't believe either team is the same team that played last month. Murphy's defense has turned it on the last few weeks. Robbinsville as we know has continued to play at an exceptional level, and looks the part of an undefeated team. Being at Big Oaks gives Robbinsville a slight edge, but history shows Murphy has no problem winning there. I feel like Christmas came early
happy0004.r191677.gif

Good showing so far by the SMC, top 3 teams going to the 3rd round. If Rosman had been on the other side of the bracket who knows could of had 4.

Reactions: BK13T-$
No prediction on a winner next week, but I can guarantee all of you one thing. Both teams better pack a lunch, because it will be an all out war. BK there have been a few changes since we last played each other. Murphy has a different QB, who should be commended for the way he has answered the call during the adversity this team faced. Matt Lovingood has done nothing but impress me for the past three weeks and he deserves a big atta boy. The backfield will look a little different too, as the backfield is a little deeper that the last time we faced each other. The defense hasn't had a bad game since five weeks ago and I think have improved each week. I know R'ville is playing well also . Looks like the ball is getting spread out a little more to different backs, which will make them harder to defend......Like I said both teams need to pack a lunch

Bk, I'm assuming by your comment that you have watched Murphy play in person since losing to RV? It's no secret that RV definitely got better this season, enough so to get a win in the regular season over Murphy and to also be undefeated so far. I believe Murphy has gotten quiet a bit better since the loss to RV also. Does that assure Murphy of a win Friday night, um no. The duel threat of Skylar and Cruz will again be tough to contain. Murphy lost the battle in the trenches and by a good margin in game 1. That was a huge contributing factor in the win along with Cruz's 300 plus yards rushing. Murphy needs to do a much better job in the trenches Friday night and I believe they will. Id say this is the biggest playoff game RV has hosted in many many years. I'm sure every black knight fan will be wearing their "we got better" t-shirts Friday night. Should be an awesome atmosphere for a HUGE game.

Originally posted by pollo_loco:

I don't believe either team is the same team that played last month. Murphy's defense has turned it on the last few weeks. Robbinsville as we know has continued to play at an exceptional level, and looks the part of an undefeated team. Being at Big Oaks gives Robbinsville a slight edge, but history shows Murphy has no problem winning there. I feel like Christmas came early
happy0004.r191677.gif
Lets meet early and get the party started! As Clark would say "Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah.

I see it this way, I believe Murphy took Robbinsville's best shot back in October. I just don't think the knights can play much better than they did that night. That was eleven years coming. Meanwhile, Murphy didn't play anywhere near as well as they are capable of playing in the first game. They were still getting adjusted due to all the injuries and they didn't block well on offense and didn't tackle well on defense. Also had some killer turnovers. Murphy is much healthier now and is playing lights out in all phases. The defense is flat out nasty now. I'm not gonna pick a winner because I honestly think it's a toss up. But I will say that it's very important that Murphy get off to a fast start. The home crowd will be in a frenzy and the knights will come out sky high so if Murphy could jump out early by a couple of scores it would be huge. If the knights get ahead early then it could be a long night for Murphy. I just can't wait! Thanksgiving weekend and big time football! It doesn't get any better! I will say this, I will be pulling for the winner of this game to win the state title, and I believe they will! Plymouth will be a tough out and I have much respect for them but I still say the winner of this game will win it all.

Saw Murphy after the Rville game and they looked just the same. They didnt have Bus but now they do. Could that make a difference? Yes. We will see. I am worried about it but also fell go about our chances. Yes Murphy has been doing good vs bad teams. What will happen when it gets really tough vs a good line. In the first game I saw a Murphy line that tried to quit. They got up slow and didnt have any fire. Now they are different? Now they found heart? Maybe. But we will have to see if they have it vs a tough line. Could happen. And if it does I will not be downing the BullDogs. Will I ever pull for Muprhy? No.

Will I ever be like Zumba and Ride the shoulder pads of another team? No.

Its funny that Zumba has to pull for Murphy because 50% of the time the last decade his team cannot get it done vs little ol Rville. That is shameful. Man up Zumba.

EMS.lmao

Will I ever be like Zumba and Ride the shoulder pads of another team? No.

Its funny that Zumba has to pull for Murphy because 50% of the time the last decade his team cannot get it done vs little ol Rville. That is shameful. Man up Zumba.

EMS.lmao
Sorry dude but I don't "Man up" with the likes of Graham Counnty people. 50%, lol, lets just say the Devils hold the all time lead. Yes uns has beat us on down years...... congrats.

Its always on down years. You are funny little guy.

Come on over and sit with us Friday tough guy.

Go back 20 years on that stat BK...seriously though. When has a juggernaut Robbinsville team ever beat a juggernaut Swain team? Answer...never. Heck go back 30 years if you want too. Don't drag Swain into this. Epic game with a match up everyone has been hoping for. This is about Murphy and Robbinsville. Don't take away from it. Support your team. Bottom line. Should be an awesome battle. Looking forward to watching it live.

My take on this game, for what it's worth, is we have to show better discipline then we did against Rosman. I know it's hard when its the heat of the battle, but seriously, you have to let your actions on the field do your talking, not your mouth! Secondly, don't beat yourselves. This is the kind of game you've been preparing for all season. That undefeated record won't mean anything if you get sent home. This team has every weapon they need to make it all the way, but you have to believe in each other, and everyone has to pull their weight. Both teams are playing great football, but I think it's the team who is prepared mentally that will win. By the third round, most of the teams still playing has what it takes physically, but I've seen it year after year, if you break down mentally.. game over. It's going to be an awesome night!!

Originally posted by Knightsrule4ever:

My take on this game, for what it's worth, is we have to show better discipline then we did against Rosman. I know it's hard when its the heat of the battle, but seriously, you have to let your actions on the field do your talking, not your mouth! Secondly, don't beat yourselves. This is the kind of game you've been preparing for all season. That undefeated record won't mean anything if you get sent home. This team has every weapon they need to make it all the way, but you have to believe in each other, and everyone has to pull their weight. Both teams are playing great football, but I think it's the team who is prepared mentally that will win. By the third round, most of the teams still playing has what it takes physically, but I've seen it year after year, if you break down mentally.. game over. It's going to be an awesome night!!
Spot on. Both teams better be prepared mentally. I will say Murphy's players should be used to this kinda game after going all the way the previous 3 years. I would think that might benefit Murphy. But being at Big Oaks will definitely favor Robbinsville. It'll be interesting to see who breaks first next Friday.

Big Oaks is a hard place to play and love going to FB games there, one of the last throw-back fields. Both teams needs to bring the A game.

Bk, you stated on another forum you watched film on Murphy and didn't see anything different. Other than our big fullback playing now, you see no difference. Really? I have watched RV play Swain, Murphy, and Hays all in person. I wasn't that impressed with RVs performance against Swain or Hays. RV played inspired against Murphy and picked up the win deservingly so. Who exactly did you watch Murphy play on film? As far as your comment "knights are in their heads" what a laugher. 1 win in the last 11 meetings and you say that??? C'mon man!

Saw Murphy after the Rville game and they looked just the same. They didnt have Bus but now they do. Could that make a difference? Yes. We will see. I am worried about it but also fell go about our chances. Yes Murphy has been doing good vs bad teams. What will happen when it gets really tough vs a good line. In the first game I saw a Murphy line that tried to quit. They got up slow and didnt have any fire. Now they are different? Now they found heart? Maybe. But we will have to see if they have it vs a tough line. Could happen. And if it does I will not be downing the BullDogs. Will I ever pull for Muprhy? No.
Murphy has been doing good vs bad teams lmao , you barely beat Swain and we dominated them . Your unreal man , like I said I can't wait for Friday night . I hope they put that comment you just made about our line up in the locker room all week for motivation .

Well Murphy beat Swain 38-14 and held them to about 50 yards rushing. How many yards did rville hold them to? What was that score again? That's fine bk. You just keep thinking Murphy hasn't improved. Ignorance is bliss. As far as never pulling for Murphy, well I guess after 11 ass kickings in a row I would feel the same way. See ya Friday.

BK, I can guarantee you the Robbinsville coaches are stressed to the MAX right now, and are thinking OHHH SH&%.... you say you see nothing different in Murphy, well, my friend, that is why you are not a coach. Murphy is a completely different team from the first time these two teams played. The O-line has been restructured, the backfield has been adjusted and has more depth, and the Defense is playing like someone slapped their ma'ma.....

In my opinion and from seeing several games featuring both teams, In the first game, Robbinsville played better than they have played all year....If you remember Murphy was winning at Halftime and they were playing and continued to play terrible. Since Murphy's open week, its as if a sleeping Giant has woken. You talk about Murphy's play against bad teams.....well if you want to go that route....Robbinsville has struggled and hasn't been impressive at all against the same "bad" teams. How do you explain that?

The only thing I predict is BK and the rest of the "black swarm" will be on suicide watch come Friday around 10:30 PM

I don't think it really matters what BK or the rest of the "Black Swarm" fans think of Murphy and if they are playing any differently or not, it's the coach's jobs to see the team is ready for Friday night, and I would bet any amount of money they won't be taking Murphy lightly. I also don't see the team taking this game lightly. When it's over and done with, both squads have a great group of athletes who just want to go out there and win the game. Yea, they lose their cool on occasion and say things they shouldn't, but have you read these boards lately?? There's a lot of mud slinging that gets thrown around on here to, and we don't have the excuse of being kids...well maybe we don't. Hard to say at times. Point being, both teams are gonna be electric when they hit the field and the roar from the crowd will be heard all the way to Swain County!!

Originally posted by NC nole fan:

Well Murphy beat Swain 38-14 and held them to about 50 yards rushing. How many yards did rville hold them to? What was that score again? That's fine bk. You just keep thinking Murphy hasn't improved. Ignorance is bliss. As far as never pulling for Murphy, well I guess after 11 ass kickings in a row I would feel the same way. See ya Friday.
To use statements made by Murphy fans year in and year out. THe Home Team Wins the Murphy/Swain game most years.
What does that mean? ......................... Understand.We played swain in B.City.

Also I didnt say we was in Murphy head last year or the year before. Thats is you adding to my comment. I said we are in your head this year. I saw Murphy had 9 different rushers last week. That a real 1a team with 9 running backs. And comparing Score vs Hville and Andrews doesnt go far with me. Murphy is faster than those schools by alot. Rville is not as fast as Murphy. Rville didnt beat Murphy with speed last time. So go ahead and compare scores. Maybe we can keep it within 28 points.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/23 7:17 AM by BK13T-$

No I am not. I WILL not make any either if Murphy wins. Everyone knows what Murphy is.

Also why would I make an excuse, I think we are going to win. Remember the last game I picked us by 14 and you guys laughed about that. Well.............. I was wrong by 5 points but we could of scored again. Remember us taking a knee at the end of the game.

This post was edited on 11/23 7:41 AM by BK13T-$

Ok I have to chime in one more time.

First point: Zuma we can't have that ugly maroon in the midst of all that pretty Black and Gold Friday night , so I'll get you a good GATA shirt and Bulldog hat to wear. I'll even get you a mask to wear to hide your identity, I know you couldn't stand being identified pulling for the Dawgs and it may not be a bad thing for you to be in disguise in Graham county. I won't stand near you though, because i don't want to get hit by any stray bullets hitting me ...LOL.

As far as the game goes, I think RV was pumped for the game last time and I thing the Dawgs took the Knights too lightly in that game, not the coaches but the players. They had been told for three years before that the RV game was going to be close for them and it didn't materialize, so I don't think they took that game as seriously as they should have. I can promise you after they have slept, eat and drank RV for five weeks, that won't happen again. This game is going to be a barn burner, but i hope we can keep it civil, without the mudslinging after the play is over. It would be terrible for whoever wins this game to be without some of their best players in round four because of some after play antics or late hits, and we have to remember we won't be dealing with SMC refs in this one and they will not be as lenient as the SMC refs are.

BK I don't know who you are but son you don't poke the bear before the hunt, and you saying that those lines had no heart and were ready to quit in that last game will be in the locker room at Murphy by Monday morning. You just made the motivation job of the Murphy coaches much easier. Anyway better be there early, cause it will be packed.

This post was edited on 11/23 8:51 AM by murphydawgman

This post was edited on 11/23 8:53 AM by murphydawgman

You could also put some of the murphy folks post in the locker room. I remember many that said about the same thing.
Atleast we didnt have to listen to u any this season.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I don't need a PA system. I'll be loud and proud at the big Oaks Friday night. Guarateed And i didn't say all Dawg posters were smart either

This post was edited on 11/23 9:09 AM by murphydawgman

Old man your eyes must be going bad. That aint gold. Thats Yellar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT