ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Playoffs Round 2

PantherPit07

Aug 17, 2003
Girls

1) East Surry (they have nothing for Sutphin)
16) Hayesville ( GOOOO YELLOW JACKETS)

8) Lincoln Charter
9) Cherokee (they played earlier in season, if Cherokee is draining 3's they win again)

5) Albemarle ( they will roll here have beat them twice already)
12) Gray Stone Day

4) Union Academy (this one wont be close UA has destroyed them a few times this year already)
20) Pine Lake Prep

3) Murphy ( i dont see them slowing Murphy down here)
19) Community School Of Davidson

6) Alleghany
11) Langtree Charter (i just dont think Alleghany has been that impressive)

7) Hiwassee Dam
10) Mount Airy ( i think Mount Airy win if they can limit the big girl and guard 3pt line)

2) Avery (i think this one will be closer than expected 4th time they will meet this season)
15) Mitchell

Reactions: CatDad312
Boys

1) Winston Salem Prep (ES played them close one game prob wont happen again)
17) East Surry ( Beat the Recruiting Cheats)

8) Mitchell
9) Bishop McGuinness (i dont see Mitchell satying within single digits)

5) Starmount
21) North Stanly (im going upset alert North played tough games and has great guard play)

4) Lincoln Charter (im picking them here but i think its gonna be closer than most think)
20) North Stokes (Upset the charters)

3) North Rowan
19) Union Academy ( im calling upset here may be wrong but i dont think North Rowan played that hard of schedule)

6) Hayesville (dont think Chatham has played a tough schedule)
11) Chatham Charter

7) Highlands (Go NON Charter/Private)
10) Pine Lake Prep

2) Community School Of Davidson ( Beat them twice already and been improving each week)
18) Mountain Island Charter

I hope you're right on that Union Academy upset pick because it could give Hayesville another home game if they take care of business on Chatham Charter. If you look at the scores against North Rowan and Union Academy's common opponent NW Cabarrus--who upset WMAC champ Asheville in the 3A first round last night--North Rowan beat them by 1 and Union Academy lost to them by 4,so even though you never put too much stock in comparing scores, it looks like they could be evenly matched.

Reactions: PantherPit07
I hope you're right on that Union Academy upset pick because it could give Hayesville another home game if they take care of business on Chatham Charter. If you look at the scores against North Rowan and Union Academy's common opponent NW Cabarrus--who upset WMAC champ Asheville in the 3A first round last night--North Rowan beat them by 1 and Union Academy lost to them by 4,so even though you never put too much stock in comparing scores, it looks like they could be evenly matched.
Avery Mitchell game has come down to the 4th quarter every game. Depends on who executes and wants it more. The hardest 2nd round matchup in my opinion of all the teams in the west. I think bishop upsets Washington county in 2nd round in east.

Avery Mitchell game has come down to the 4th quarter every game. Depends on who executes and wants it more. The hardest 2nd round matchup in my opinion of all the teams in the west. I think bishop upsets Washington county in 2nd round in east.
I have seen great games from Allegheny and bad games. But I think the wilkes central game few weeks back showed they could play. Wilkes central is better than langtree imo. I think the good Allegheny team shows up and wins in a tight game. My upset is Mitchell over Avery county. I think they have played them too close to lose 4 times. So I don't think ma and Avery county will meet in 3rd round. Just like if Avery played mh for a 4th time they would win. Brutal game for avery co. They have a lot of pressure on them and Mitchell is playing with no pressure.

Yeh I was talking about the Union Academy boys, but I agree Avery Mitchell will be the best 2nd round girls game. Cherokee over Lincoln Charter and Mt. Airy over HD will be the other "upsets" to watch for on the girls side.

NW Cab best Asheville last night?

Yeh I was talking about the Union Academy boys, but I agree Avery Mitchell will be the best 2nd round girls game. Cherokee over Lincoln Charter and Mt. Airy over HD will be the other "upsets" to watch for on the girls side.
Oh yea I never specified but those two games are a given I think unless hiwassee comes to play

Mitchell must play better than they did last night. Just a little off and sloppy, think they were looking forward to Avery. Johnson shot the ball well and Huskins had her second good game in a row. Mitchell will have to shoot the ball well and get scoring across the board from several girls to stay in the game. So far this season Avery has killed Mitchell on the boards, Mitchell must figure a way to slow both Franklin and Daniels.

Not sure where I will be tomorrow, home for the boys or at Avery.

Go Mountaineers

Mitchell must play better than they did last night. Just a little off and sloppy, think they were looking forward to Avery. Johnson shot the ball well and Huskins had her second good game in a row. Mitchell will have to shoot the ball well and get scoring across the board from several girls to stay in the game. So far this season Avery has killed Mitchell on the boards, Mitchell must figure a way to slow both Franklin and Daniels.

Not sure where I will be tomorrow, home for the boys or at Avery.

Go Mountaineers
An ugly win is a a good win n playoffs. Good luck!!

I get scared during playoffs whether it's the 1/32 game and we are the 1 seed or an 8/9 game where we are on the road. Just always makes me nervous. I truly don't see Mitchell with the upset unless Avery plays like Garbage and Mitchell plays out of their heads. Glad that Mitchell's boys are playing as it will take some of their fans away. I wish the best for Mitchell boys tomorrow night as well as Madison's girls. Outside of those games I will pull for all teams that aren't charter and prep schools. As always go Vikings!

Reactions: PantherPit07
I get scared during playoffs whether it's the 1/32 game and we are the 1 seed or an 8/9 game where we are on the road. Just always makes me nervous. I truly don't see Mitchell with the upset unless Avery plays like Garbage and Mitchell plays out of their heads. Glad that Mitchell's boys are playing as it will take some of their fans away. I wish the best for Mitchell boys tomorrow night as well as Madison's girls. Outside of those games I will pull for all teams that aren't charter and prep schools. As always go Vikings!
Oh yea me too. This is a talented bunch of senior girls who hopefully make a good run, but nobody is going to make it easy on them. They have to take it and earn wins. Play up to their potential, and play with intensity for 4 quarters.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
I have seen great games from Allegheny and bad games. But I think the wilkes central game few weeks back showed they could play. Wilkes central is better than langtree imo. I think the good Allegheny team shows up and wins in a tight game. My upset is Mitchell over Avery county. I think they have played them too close to lose 4 times. So I don't think ma and Avery county will meet in 3rd round. Just like if Avery played mh for a 4th time they would win. Brutal game for Avery co. They have a lot of pressure on them and Mitchell is playing with no pressure.

I would agree that Mitchell and Avery coming up tonight could very well be a really good game. I do think Avery at home will be too much for Mitchell Good luck to both squads.

I will disagree that if Heritage played Avery again, that Avery would win. I have seen nothing in the first 3 games that would lead me to believe that Avery has enough depth to outlast the Cougars for 4 full quarters. I think depth is really the factor when these 2 teams match up. Coach Shelton will go 9-10 players deep in many games early on, but Avery is limited to about 7. The Heritage defensive pressure and up tempo game usually starts to show in the 2nd half in the conference games.

I have seen great games from Allegheny and bad games. But I think the wilkes central game few weeks back showed they could play. Wilkes central is better than langtree imo. I think the good Allegheny team shows up and wins in a tight game. My upset is Mitchell over Avery county. I think they have played them too close to lose 4 times. So I don't think ma and Avery county will meet in 3rd round. Just like if Avery played mh for a 4th time they would win. Brutal game for Avery co. They have a lot of pressure on them and Mitchell is playing with no pressure.

I would agree that Mitchell and Avery coming up tonight could very well be a really good game. I do think Avery at home will be too much for Mitchell Good luck to both squads.

I will disagree that if Heritage played Avery again, that Avery would win. I have seen nothing in the first 3 games that would lead me to believe that Avery has enough depth to outlast the Cougars for 4 full quarters. I think depth is really the factor when these 2 teams match up. Coach Shelton will go 9-10 players deep in many games early on, but Avery is limited to about 7. The Heritage defensive pressure and up tempo game usually starts to show in the 2nd half in the conference games.
We will have to agree to disagree on Heritage beating Avery for a fourth time.

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree.

Two avid fans can surely live with that. I was just basing the series of seniors being 12-0 I believe in Heritage favor over the last 4 years and the 2nd half of the last 2 games..

Good luck to you all tonight. I think you can be serious contenders in the 1A this year and the WHC is pulling for the winner of your game tonight.

Reactions: AHVikingNation

Yea depth is an issue. But I rest assure you they could beat em They are not unbeatable. A lot of made shots by mh and missed shots by Avery over the years in the 4th. They have had a chance to win 7 times in the 4th over the past 4 years. So I can't sit here and say that would not happen just like tonight's game with Mitchell. I do like mh to go to state championship though

Reactions: Heritage 84
Yea depth is an issue. But I rest assure you they could beat em They are not unbeatable. A lot of made shots by mh and missed shots by Avery over the years in the 4th. They have had a chance to win 7 times in the 4th over the past 4 years. So I can't sit here and say that would not happen just like tonight's game with Mitchell. I do like mh to go to state championship though
Look no disrespect. I just do not think a good team is going to beat another good team that is highly ranked 4 times in one season. No matter what the circumstances.. I am not being biased cause I want to be honest. I truly hope I'm wrong after game tonight.

Look no disrespect. I just do not think a good team is going to beat another good team that is highly ranked 4 times in one season. No matter what the circumstances.. I am not being biased cause I want to be honest. I truly hope I'm wrong after game tonight.
Look at Murphy boys vs Hayesville.

Reactions: therealsquid
As always I’m nervous about tonight but I believe the Avery girls will show up to play. Good luck to all non-charter/prep schools tonight. I will be keeping score via MaxPreps for the game tonight if anyone wants to know score or what is happening.

Murphy boys not good, good teams don't win 8 games

I think that is what he was getting at. It's hard to beat a team 4 times. Even like with Hayesville and Murphy boys, where one team is a 20-win team and the other is an 8-win team and the first few meetings weren't close.

As always I’m nervous about tonight but I believe the Avery girls will show up to play. Good luck to all non-charter/prep schools tonight. I will be keeping score via MaxPreps for the game tonight if anyone wants to know score or what is happening.
Hope so

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT