ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Playoff Discussion - 4th Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
There are only two teams left in this division, as we are just under two
weeks til everything is decided in the championship game.

Let's
get the talk going for this game below, as we want to hear your topics,
your predictions, and any other thoughts you have on the game.

6 Alleghany (10-4) @ 1 Robbinsville (14-0)

Robbinsville has their untarnished season, storied tradition, disciplined and obviously well coached and talented group of young men, going for them. Alleghany has momentum of being underestimated, being the hungry underdog, and proud bunch of young men who have been told they're; too slow, not athletic, and can't compete with the big boys because of the past, going for them.
This game involves a game of two complete opposites because Robbinsville has been here time and time again, and know how to take care of business, and Alleghany who has never been here before and is starting to learn what it's like to be a top competition. But at the same time, the two are alike, in that they are run heavy, hard hitting, disciplined, and hungry teams.
I can see this game going one of two ways. Either Robbinsville imposes their will, and proves that they are the real deal this year, and just beat down Alleghany. Or, Alleghany keeps their unlikely streak of success, and surprises Robbinsville with what they're capable of, and makes a game of it that will come down to the wire.
I pray that it's the latter. I wish both teams a hard fought and well played game, absent of injuries, and full of excitement. I can't wait until Friday.
Go Trojans!

Feeling better every day, so it's obviously not serious. Wearing the brace to get used to it, and is feeling fine on it. He will be ready to rock on Friday.

Just one thing about your first post. Robbinsville has been here time and time again a few decades ago. They have had several good teams through te years but it had been a while since the knights have been there and done that. I don't know if anyone on this team has ever been this close to the championship. Without me seeing Alleghany play I am shooting in the dark. I have seen the black knights play and they have a couple of guys that are the truth in their QB and RB. They have a huge line that is as physical as they come. Their defense covers the field well and brings the wood. I think they are the favorite but it is a regional final and anything can happen.

I understand what you're sayong, and it's right. I was just referring to another posters point that they are surrounded by past state champions: fathers, grandfathers, coaches, family, friends. They know what it's like to live in a town, and play for a team that is known for winning. Alleghany doesn't know that, they were past any other Alleghany team ever made it, last week. I just meant that Robbinsville plays in the SMC and is surrounded by championships: past, rivals, just the entire conference in general. I didn't mean they had "been there and done that" literally talking about the current team, just that they know what it feels like being a part of a championship breed. I agree with your post, though. Hopefully this clears up what I was a little gray on.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I got to give Allegheny some credit. They look good on film. their line comes off hard and blocks well. They don't look like a one man show.

Nobody on this team has been to the forth round. 2009 was the last year we made it to the forth round.

Robbinsville wins this one walking away. They've done well this year to stay level headed and get the job done. Expect a high scoring game in the neighborhood of 42-17.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
Nobody on this team has been to the forth round. 2009 was the last year we made it to the forth round.
BK,

Tell us about the 2009 team. Who was on it? HOw did the season play out and what happened in the Regional Final?

Was that the Anderson team and MA year?

Anderson was one of the backs. Is that who you are talking about. We also had Anderson at QB a decade ago that held the WNC passing record until recently. Kurt Odom was also on the 09 team and we should of won state that year. Blew a 14 4th Q lead and Lost by 1 to Mount airy. MT Airy had not been beat in 2 or 3 years. Mt Airy went on to lose to WRH by 1 in the title game. That was the last year we didnt have a fieldgoal kicker. We had 2 two point con. called back. One was a bad call and the other was a terrible call. I heard that Walsh told Robbinsville to come by his office if anyone wanted to look at the film. Dont know if that was true or not but even ACT showed the film and said Rvillle was robbed. They tried to say he was out of bound on a catch for 2. He had 3 feet in and maybe 4. It was a very bad call and I dont think it was a mistake either. Coin toss cost us big that year and I hope that guy is not a ref anymore. I would love to see that film. I am sure some MT.Airy guys have it but doubt they will show it. Anyway that team deserve better. And MtAiry was a helk of a team that year and they didnt do anything wrong. And we should of played better in the forth But...We won that game on the field and thats all you can do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT