ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a West Girls Playoff matchups

Illum has a valid point. You act as 2A teams are not as strong, as 1A. There are some strong 1A teams, but overall there are many more stronger 2A teams. I hope bulldog doesn’t take this the wrong way, as you’re a strong and realistic poster for your program, but having seen Albemarle play in the area, compared with the local 2A teams, they would finish 8th prob in the CCC. However could probably win the Rocky River conf.

Illum has a valid point. You act as 2A teams are not as strong, as 1A. There are some strong 1A teams, but overall there are many more stronger 2A teams. I hope bulldog doesn’t take this the wrong way, as you’re a strong and realistic poster for your program, but having seen Albemarle play in the area, compared with the local 2A teams, they would finish 8th prob in the CCC. However could probably win the Rocky River conf.
We beat Anson by 37 this year about the same with west stanly and forest hills isn’t much better so I would say definitely win the rocky river. CCC is a strong strong conference Salisbury we would be within 10 of Tville we would beat not sure of the rest haven’t seen them.

We beat Anson by 37 this year about the same with west stanly and forest hills isn’t much better so I would say definitely win the rocky river. CCC is a strong strong conference Salisbury we would be within 10 of Tville we would beat not sure of the rest haven’t seen them.
Albemarle also beat concord and led the whole game on Cox Mill until about the 2min mark of the 4th.

Salisbury is a really good team my honest guess is this year we would split with them. Albemarle is a tough matchup with their guards with them. Plus you have to think Albemarle is 6th in the state amongst any classification with 3ptm with 163. You have to stretch out and guard them.

Will agree that there are a lot of strong 2a teams but 8th in the CCC for Albemarle is probably alittle on the disrespectful side lol. I mean when they played cox mill they shot 9% from 3 and lost by 5 in the final seconds.

True, but Cox Mill plays in a somewhat weaker 3A league. In no way do I mean to be disrespectful to the bulldogs. But there’s no way Albemarle could split with Salisbury, but that’s just my opinion. Albemarle has good guard play, but against a team with a good pt guard and decent height, the height would hurt them. That’s what would hurt them in the CCC, but at the same time many 2A conferences are not as strong. I wish the bulldogs the best in the tournament.

True, but Cox Mill plays in a somewhat weaker 3A league. In no way do I mean to be disrespectful to the bulldogs. But there’s no way Albemarle could split with Salisbury, but that’s just my opinion. Albemarle has good guard play, but against a team with a good pt guard and decent height, the height would hurt them. That’s what would hurt them in the CCC, but at the same time many 2A conferences are not as strong. I wish the bulldogs the best in the tournament.
I’m not sure West Davidson who finished what 4th in the CCC barely beat South davidson who Albemarle easily beat twice. So far good point guard play and descent height hasn’t hurt Albemarle. Unless you know 50 fouls are called lol.

I’m not sure West Davidson who finished what 4th in the CCC barely beat South davidson who Albemarle easily beat twice. So far good point guard play and descent height hasn’t hurt Albemarle. Unless you know 50 fouls are called lol.

Overlook the WHC all you want. Fact is they are traditionally one of the toughest conferences in the state. Avery boys dominated the conference for years reaching the regional finals(losing to WSP) the quarter finals(losing to WSP) and the quarter finals( losing to mount airy). Mtn heritage boys have now took over that dominance. They will go deep In 2a boys. Last yr Mitchell girls go 3rd rd. Madison girls 3rd rd. Heritage girls regionals, and if Avery girls get in( which was a crime) 3rd rd. Mtn heritage girls ranked 1 in 2a this year, Avery girls ranked 2 in 1a this yr, Mitchell girls ranked 10 in 1a this yr. Madison ranked 26 In 2a this yr. If Avery wasn’t playing Mitchell second rd I could see 2 teams making it to 3rd in 1a and heritage girls will be back to regionals with Madison girls again pushing 3rd rd.

West beat South by double digits both times, but didn’t have their best two players for the third game, until the second half due to discipline.

Not sure if you have seen cox mill but they have descent guard play and about 4 5’10-6’3 girls lol. They may be a weaker 3a conference of course that’s subjective. I’m not sure which game you watched or what team you support but Albemarle has the record it does for a reason.

Back to the original point and having watched and followed a lot of 1a-4a teams there are in fact teams in 1a that can compete across the board. Especially in the western 1a it’s tough when you get to that top ten. With that being said I want to be clear on my previous statement no way some 1a teams can compete with top 4a teams. Albemarle played southeast Raleigh over the summer and those girls are BAD and NW Guilford beat them I believe right?

Overlook the WHC all you want. Fact is they are traditionally one of the toughest conferences in the state. Avery boys dominated the conference for years reaching the regional finals(losing to WSP) the quarter finals(losing to WSP) and the quarter finals( losing to mount airy). Mtn heritage boys have now took over that dominance. They will go deep In 2a boys. Last yr Mitchell girls go 3rd rd. Madison girls 3rd rd. Heritage girls regionals, and if Avery girls get in( which was a crime) 3rd rd. Mtn heritage girls ranked 1 in 2a this year, Avery girls ranked 2 in 1a this yr, Mitchell girls ranked 10 in 1a this yr. Madison ranked 26 In 2a this yr. If Avery wasn’t playing Mitchell second rd I could see 2 teams making it to 3rd in 1a and heritage girls will be back to regionals with Madison girls again pushing 3rd rd.
I agree with that. That playoff format last year left some good teams at home for sure. Avery I think will be in the 3rd round this year facing Murphy and I believe that game will be a game to watch as well

That’s the game I’m referring to. The third matchup between S Davidson and West Davidson. I don’t have a dog in the fight. Just being neutral.

Unless mitchell can finally get over the hump, which is not a lock for sure. Any game against Murphy girls 3rd rd would be a game to watch for sure. Murphy girls are a stable in 1a girls and have been for yrs.

That’s the game I’m referring to. The third matchup between S Davidson and West Davidson. I don’t have a dog in the fight. Just being neutral.
I get it but Albemarle hasn’t had its full team since January 8th. Just now have everybody except 1 going into tomorrow. The second time they played South Davidson literally had 5 of their top 9 players lol. Injury plagued all year seems like. That’s why I was asking what game you seen Albemarle play. Actually the week of Christmas tourney when they played Cox mill was the first time they had everybody.

Unless mitchell can finally get over the hump, which is not a lock for sure. Any game against Murphy girls 3rd rd would be a game to watch for sure. Murphy girls are a stable in 1a girls and have been for yrs.
Yea they have been and well coached. To beat any team 3 times is tough especially when the team is well coached. The third round in 1a will have some really good games

This will be the 4th meeting between Avery/Mitchell which honestly isn’t fair for both teams. Of course that’s if they make it out of rd 1 which isn’t entirely a lock. Mitchell has to get by MIC. Hope they are as overhyped as their football team.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
This will be the 4th meeting between Avery/Mitchell which honestly isn’t fair for both teams. Of course that’s if they make it out of rd 1 which isn’t entirely a lock. Mitchell has to get by MIC. Hope they are as overhyped as their football team.
I don’t think Mitchell will have an issue with MIC

For sure. As a Mitchell fan I’d rather see East Surry 2nd rd than Avery. Just for a different look. Not saying we would beat them,but at least it wasn’t a game I had already watched 3 times!

lol my bad . Good luck anyway. I’ve actually watched a lot of video on Albemarle. Great shooting team. Reminds me of us, small, 5’8 tallest. Shoots the 3, 30+ %. So hope to see you in the playoffs. That would mean we both went deep! Lol

lol my bad . Good luck anyway. I’ve actually watched a lot of video on Albemarle. Great shooting team. Reminds me of us, small, 5’8 tallest. Shoots the 3, 30+ %. So hope to see you in the playoffs. That would mean we both went deep! Lol
Yeah our tallest is 5’6 in a couple of years we have literally went from one of the bigger teams in 1a to probably the smallest lol. Good luck to you all and I agree hope to see you in Hickory. Let the games begin!!!

NW is the best basketball conference in 1A hands down boys and girls 3 of the 4 state titles the past 2 seasons have come back to the NW Conference and its looking like 2 more could be on the way this year.

NW is the best basketball conference in 1A hands down boys and girls 3 of the 4 state titles the past 2 seasons have come back to the NW Conference and its looking like 2 more could be on the way this year.
Wow lmao......okay..... boys I would say is pretty certain but girls side even though ES is my favorite I wouldn’t say they are a runaway favorite as I thought MA was last year. You do have some teams in 1a that can throw up a pretty good fight. I appreciate your confidence though and especially support. Love east surrys team and coach good luck to you all.

Wow lmao......okay..... boys I would say is pretty certain but girls side even though ES is my favorite I wouldn’t say they are a runaway favorite as I thought MA was last year. You do have some teams in 1a that can throw up a pretty good fight. I appreciate your confidence though and especially support. Love east surrys team and coach good luck to you all.
I’m not saying anything is guaranteed just saying as it shapes up right now the NW could easily win boys and girls

I’m not saying anything is guaranteed just saying as it shapes up right now the NW could easily win boys and girls
True prep is a heavy favorite I would say at this point. On the girls side I would say this is probably the most parity we have seen in years now the majority of that parity is in the west but still a lot of parity. The margin is not as big as it was last year with MA in my opinion.

Piedmont lady vipers is davidson county based. They’re not nearly as competitive as some other programs. The stronger players in Davidson County play with the Lady Phoenix, Stealers, Xpress
I didn't say the whole team was in those counties. Some of those girls. We played xpress before. Yea they are tough too. They beat us by 10 or 12. My point is we have the same girls. Not the best go this team or the others go to this team. You play the very best in travel ball. That's why I say 1a teams can hang with bigger schools. They play against 3a and 4a teams all the time.

I guess we will see if she can handle Sutphin in ACC play in a few years, most MA fans thought that they could handle Sutphin before the first game too but they found out pretty quick it’s a lot easier said than done. There is no single player in 1A that can stop her too versatile at her size only hope is to slow her down with double teams.
A lot has to happen for avery and es to meet. But there will be no double teams. Maybe backside help. I would to see sutphin and Franklin head to head. Never seen nobody score more than 6 or 7 points against Franklin. Includes high school and travel ball. And the e60 best players in nc last year where it was all 3a and 4a players except 5 small school players

A lot has to happen for avery and es to meet. But there will be no double teams. Maybe backside help. I would to see sutphin and Franklin head to head. Never seen nobody score more than 6 or 7 points against Franklin. Includes high school and travel ball. And the e60 best players in nc last year where it was all 3a and 4a players except 5 small school players
You gotta be related to the Franklin kid, thats all you ever talk about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT