ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1a West Girls Playoff matchups

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
Love this time of year. Interesting twists with Bishop North Moore South Davidson and Chatham central all going east. Bishop could get to that 3-4 round or even beyond in the east. Below are the West girls matchups. Also what’s your thoughts on the new format? I personally like it but wish they would add the 1W v 16MW 1MW v 16W into this format to hopefully avoid any first round conf matchups.

Section 1/Region1
1) East Surry
32) North Stanly
16) Hayesville
17) Robbinsville
8) Lincoln Charter
25) Polk County
9) Cherokee
24) Blue Ridge Early college

Section 2/Region 1
5) Albemarle
28) South Stokes
12) Graystone
21) Highlands
13) Cherryville
20) Pine Lake Prep
4) Union Academy
29) Andrews

Section 3/Region 2
3) Murphy
30) Bradford Prep
14) North Rowan
19) Community School of Davidson
6) Allegheny
27) Elkin
11) Langtree Charter
22) North Stokes

Section 4/ Region 2
7) HD
26) Swain
10) Mount Airy
23) East Wilkes
15) Mitchell
18) Mountain Island
2) Avery
31) Winston salem Prep.

Langtree charter at Alleghany could be a good one. How did langtree charter beat union academy? does union have people hurt? union academy blew out langtree charter twice by like 25pts each time earlier this year?

Also i think north rowan vs murphy could be a good game

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I love the potential Mt Airy/Avery matchup. These are fun brackets from top to bottom. Too many must see games.
I agree a bunch of games I would like to see. If north Moore plays well then and Bishop could be a good game. North Rowan is coming on strong, that highlands and graystone game could be a good one from what I have been told. You know Avery and Mitchell will be a good one as well. Would love to see that Avery and mount airy game!!

Cherokee at East Surry could be good game if cherokee can catch fire from 3

I agree a bunch of games I would like to see. If north Moore plays well then and Bishop could be a good game. North Rowan is coming on strong, that highlands and graystone game could be a good one from what I have been told. You know Avery and Mitchell will be a good one as well. Would love to see that Avery and mount airy game!!
Yea I like the pod system as well. Not looking forward to possibly playing Mitchell again. Hard to beat a good team 4 times. Feels like a setup. Is mountain island charter any good?

Yea I like the pod system as well. Not looking forward to possibly playing Mitchell again. Hard to beat a good team 4 times. Feels like a setup. Is mountain island charter any good?
Mitchell has been right there after 3 quarters for 2 games against us. We have been right there with mh after 3 quarters for 2 games and they put it on us in 4th. So I don't know what to expect. I know this is not time of year to not finish games

Mitchell has been right there after 3 quarters for 2 games against us. We have been right there with mh after 3 quarters for 2 games and they put it on us in 4th. So I don't know what to expect. I know this is not time of year to not finish games
Union academy has best draw if you ask me. They are playing cupcakes in the first two rounds.

That game is a big if. Avery has to play very hard .And ma will have a long bus ride against a good smc team
The 1a girls imo is way tougher than 2a girls. I don't see anybody slowing down mh on their way to final four. I think 5 or 6 teams from 1a girls could make a run in 2a girls

Do u really think polk county beats lincoln charter?

Do u really think polk county beats lincoln charter?
Yes too athletic for Lincoln charter. Yea we beat Polk by 29 and 39. But they are in our conference. We know what to expect. Beat Lincoln charter by 31. Never even played them. Yes Polk n a tight game.

The 1a girls imo is way tougher than 2a girls. I don't see anybody slowing down mh on their way to final four. I think 5 or 6 teams from 1a girls could make a run in 2a girls

Yeah maybe a couple teams that could compete but East Surry is really the only one I’d bet on that could be competitive night in and night out with top 2a teams.

One game I keep looking at is GS and highlands. GS is Huge but seen where highlands has had some good moments.
No way highlands comes to gsd's gym. That is a hostile environment. I was a nervous wreck 2 years ago. That student section really brings the noise. Anything's possible but gsd at home is not a visitor friendly gym

Yeah maybe a couple teams that could compete but East Surry is really the only one I’d bet on that could be competitive night in and night out with top 2a teams.
No all of them can compete. Most of these good teams beat 2a and 3a teams that are good. Also the 1a and 2a have a lot of split conferences. The best 2a team is in Avery's conference. We always play 2a teams tough. East Davidson and ledford are in east bracket. They could give mh a game, but they have to get through Farmville central. Salisbury can hang with mh, but they cannot meet til final four. Even better than that, mh is unstoppable at home. These other 2a teams have no idea what they are in for

No all of them can compete. Most of these good teams beat 2a and 3a teams that are good. Also the 1a and 2a have a lot of split conferences. The best 2a team is in Avery's conference. We always play 2a teams tough. East Davidson and ledford are in east bracket. They could give mh a game, but they have to get through Farmville central. Salisbury can hang with mh, but they cannot meet til final four. Even better than that, mh is unstoppable at home. These other 2a teams have no idea what they are in for
On senior night we played mh as tough as you can. Our best game of the year and still lost by 8. This mh team does not get rattled. When they have to put the game away, they do just that. Nothing you can do about it. I think east Surry could beat them, but mh can also beat east Surry.

Yeah...no. MA and Murphy last year. East Surry this year are the only teams that would be competitive night in and night out. MH has been “unstoppable” for about 8 years now. And yet how many state titles do they have? MH is a great program but them having zero state titles in the past 8 years, with how good they’ve been, is a testament to my entire point. 2A is loaded with competitive teams. My point is, teams like Avery are good enough to hang around with top 2a teams, depending on the matchup, but to say they would compete and possibly win, multiple times in a row against the best 2a teams is absurd.

Yeah...no. MA and Murphy last year. East Surry this year are the only teams that would be competitive night in and night out. MH has been “unstoppable” for about 8 years now. And yet how many state titles do they have? MH is a great program but them having zero state titles in the past 8 years, with how good they’ve been, is a testament to my entire point. 2A is loaded with competitive teams. My point is, teams like Avery are good enough to hang around with top 2a teams, depending on the matchup, but to say they would compete and possibly win, multiple times in a row against the best 2a teams is absurd.
No they have beat some of the best 2a and 3a teams in travel ball and high school. The teams that have beat mh have went to state championship. Big difference. And both of these losses were by 3 points and 6 points. If you don't think this year's mh team is what their record says it is. Buckle up my friend. You will see. They have one of the best coaches in the state. They have 8 or 9 good players.

No they have beat some of the best 2a and 3a teams in travel ball and high school. The teams that have beat mh have went to state championship. Big difference. And both of these losses were by 3 points and 6 points. If you don't think this year's mh team is what their record says it is. Buckle up my friend. You will see. They have one of the best coaches in the state. They have 8 or 9 good players.
Union academy was in that conversation last year as well. They led Murphy a majority of that game. Also, 8 of avery's losses last year were by 6 points or less. And all of these losses came to teams that made it 3rd round in playoffs. You need to do your homework on the WHC cause you don't know what you are talking about!#

I'm not saying that W Davidson girls can beat Mtn Heritage by any means, but they will be no push over in the second round. 6 of their 8 losses are to Ledford and Salisbury, with the other two to E Davidson. They've been tested in the tough CCC conference.
West IMO is by far the best 4th place finisher in any 2A conference.

I'm not saying that W Davidson girls can beat Mtn Heritage by any means, but they will be no push over in the second round. 6 of their 8 losses are to Ledford and Salisbury, with the other two to E Davidson. They've been tested in the tough CCC conference.
Oh yea hanging with them is one thing. Putting them away is another

Union academy was in that conversation last year as well. They led Murphy a majority of that game. Also, 8 of avery's losses last year were by 6 points or less. And all of these losses came to teams that made it 3rd round in playoffs. You need to do your homework on the WHC cause you don't know what you are talking about!#
Avery finished tied for 4th in the WHC last year. Competitive every single game without a lot of depth. Finished 10th in adjusted rankings. Sat at home during playoffs. So if they were not competitive night in and night out how did they finish 10th in final rankings. Sure wasn't by luck. You know that wilkes central team that lost by 17 to mh in final 8 last year? Avery beat them by 20 in summer scrimmage and a travel ball tournament without their point guard both times

Avery finished tied for 4th in the WHC last year. Competitive every single game without a lot of depth. Finished 10th in adjusted rankings. Sat at home during playoffs. So if they were not competitive night in and night out how did they finish 10th in final rankings. Sure wasn't by luck. You know that wilkes central team that lost by 17 to mh in final 8 last year? Avery beat them by 20 in summer scrimmage and a travel ball tournament without their point guard both times
We also gave north wilkes team from last year a good game. We did not shoot the ball very well and they did. But we never have played them either. Played em again would have been closer game.

After what East Surry did to MA Friday night they are the clear cut favorites for 1A shouldn’t even be challenged until the 3rd round does anyone know what Cherokee has for ES if anything

Survivor, one of E Surrys losses came to 2A N Davidson, that finished 7th in the CCC.
Sutphin was out that game after the first quarter with an ankle injury was ahead by double digits and young team got shell shocked without her, was 3 players first high school game, would have been a 20+ point victory had Sutphin not gotten hurt. If that game was replayed today East would win even with Sutphin going out young girls have grown up a lot since then

Reactions: NWWatchdog
Survivor, one of E Surrys losses came to 2A N Davidson, that finished 7th in the CCC.
First game of season. Sutphin had to gel with her new teammates. Blowout for east Surry if they played now. Competitive conference. Understand completely. Wasn't north Surry like 4-5 sutphins freshman year before they won like 20 plus games in a row until losing to Clinton in state championship?

After what East Surry did to MA Friday night they are the clear cut favorites for 1A shouldn’t even be challenged until the 3rd round does anyone know what Cherokee has for ES if anything
Guard the 3 point line. Get back on defense. The guards are as fast as lighting McQueen lol.

The best 1a teams would be right there at the top. Avery beat watauga in 3a and they gave freedom all they can handle Friday night. They are one of the best 3a teams in the state. The 1a west is the most brutal bracket in this tournament

What about UA or Albemarle, I already know Murphy or Avery will give us a game just wondering if there will be any real roadblocks otw there

The best 1a teams would be right there at the top. Avery beat watauga in 3a and they gave freedom all they can handle Friday night. They are one of the best 3a teams in the state. The 1a west is the most brutal bracket in this tournament
Also, this travel ball team called the piedmont lady vipers is one of the best travel ball teams I had ever seen. Anyway Avery lost by 3 in it one time and 4 in ot one time. And most of those girls play for the great Forsyth teams in 3a and 4a. The others play for the great Guilford teams. Also the Bristol girls Avery barely lost to 3 times in a row are in 5a in Tennessee and Virginia and 1 of them who I know can handle sutphin of es is going to Virginia tech next year

What about UA or Albemarle, I already know Murphy or Avery will give us a game just wondering if there will be any real roadblocks otw there
Yea Albemarle played es already n pre-season and ua will fight as well. Albemarle has great guards and ua has a rebounding machine in makk smith

Also, this travel ball team called the piedmont lady vipers is one of the best travel ball teams I had ever seen. Anyway Avery lost by 3 in it one time and 4 in ot one time. And most of those girls play for the great Forsyth teams in 3a and 4a. The others play for the great Guilford teams. Also the Bristol girls Avery barely lost to 3 times in a row are in 5a in Tennessee and Virginia and 1 of them who I know can handle sutphin of es is going to Virginia tech next year
I guess we will see if she can handle Sutphin in ACC play in a few years, most MA fans thought that they could handle Sutphin before the first game too but they found out pretty quick it’s a lot easier said than done. There is no single player in 1A that can stop her too versatile at her size only hope is to slow her down with double teams.

Piedmont lady vipers is davidson county based. They’re not nearly as competitive as some other programs. The stronger players in Davidson County play with the Lady Phoenix, Stealers, Xpress

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT