ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Girls Bracketology 2024 Updated February 12th 2024 12:41pm

If RPI is still adjusting how come they didn't change when both Cherokee teams won last night?

Seems like something is off with some of the SMC teams? I looked at the Cherokee games so both boys and girls from Cherokee and then the Murphy boys and Swain girls. The NCHSAA website for RPIs show different than what is on MaxPreps.

Murphy boys. MP = 16-9. NCHSAA = 16-9. This one matches and looks like it includes the game from last night.

Cherokee boys. MP = 15-8. NCHSAA = 13-8. Looks like the NCHSAA is missing two wins but included the win from last night.

Swain girls. MP = 12-14. NCHSAA 11-14. Swain has 14 losses, including the one to Cherokee last night but looks like the NCHSAA is missing a win? So this one also looks to have the loss from last night included.

Cherokee girls. MP = 22-1. NCHSAA 21-1. The NCHSAA is missing a win?

Seems like something is off with some of the SMC teams? I looked at the Cherokee games so both boys and girls from Cherokee and then the Murphy boys and Swain girls. The NCHSAA website for RPIs show different than what is on MaxPreps.

Murphy boys. MP = 16-9. NCHSAA = 16-9. This one matches and looks like it includes the game from last night.

Cherokee boys. MP = 15-8. NCHSAA = 13-8. Looks like the NCHSAA is missing two wins but included the win from last night.

Swain girls. MP = 12-14. NCHSAA 11-14. Swain has 14 losses, including the one to Cherokee last night but looks like the NCHSAA is missing a win? So this one also looks to have the loss from last night included.

Great question not sure if it’s relying maybe on dragon fly?

I know Cherokee boys and girls played a Australian team and the boys also played another non varsity opponent in Oklahoma and I think Swain played shining rock who ain't a nchsaa team yet

Since bishop has already played 24 games does there next 2 count? Albemarle has played 23 games so will the final game vs union academy count? Didn't know how 24 game rule worked?

Last edited:
I know Cherokee boys and girls played a Australian team and the boys also played another non varsity opponent in Oklahoma and I think Swain played shining rock who ain't a nchsaa team yet

All of those teams other than the Australian team will count towards RPI. There's different rules for out of state but international doesn't count at all.

Since bishop has already played 24 games does there next 2 count? Albemarle has played 23 games so will the final game vs union academy count? Didn't know how 24 game rule worked?

I think the 24 games is just a limit of how many regular season games can be played. Conference tournament is considered "playoffs" for NCHSAA.

Reactions: cimsies
After looking at updated RPI I think it will be
1. Mountain Heritage
2. Bishop dont think Cherokee can catch them
3. Cherokee/Albemarle
4. Cherokee/Albemarle
5. East Wilkes
6. Thomas Jefferson if they win final game
7. North Rowan they RPI jumped after beating Salisbury but a forfeit win over ED was entered also so it jumped based off 2 additional wins not just the 1. So I dont think beating Salisbury will make them jump TJ as long as TJ wins there championship game.
13. Union Academy
14. North Stokes
15. Rosman(sleeper team)

8 through 12 aren't worth mentioning

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
After looking at updated RPI I think it will be
1. Mountain Heritage
2. Bishop dont think Cherokee can catch them
3. Cherokee/Albemarle
4. Cherokee/Albemarle
5. East Wilkes
6. Thomas Jefferson if they win final game
7. North Rowan they RPI jumped after beating Salisbury but a forfeit win over ED was entered also so it jumped based off 2 additional wins not just the 1. So I dont think beating Salisbury will make them jump TJ as long as TJ wins there championship game.
13. Union Academy
14. North Stokes
15. Rosman(sleeper team)

8 through 12 aren't worth mentioning
I agree for the most part. Like your pick for the sleeper maybe two more for you Bessemer city and Avery. Looks like Avery played MH tough twice.

With the 1-4 I don’t think I have seen where the 1-4 was so close on RPI.

With North Rowan I think if they beat Salisbury again you could see them jump TJ

Friday is going to be a day of movement I think

Reactions: cimsies and KW23
I think Rosman can beat mountain heritage tomorrow night... If that happens then there will be some movement lol

I agree for the most part. Like your pick for the sleeper maybe two more for you Bessemer city and Avery. Looks like Avery played MH tough twice.

With the 1-4 I don’t think I have seen where the 1-4 was so close on RPI.

With North Rowan I think if they beat Salisbury again you could see them jump TJ

Friday is going to be a day of movement I think
Why is your starting center not playing?

North Rowan won 69-43 over Salisbury.
Report it to maxpreps so we can get updated RPI...

1. Mountain Heritage
2. Bishop
3. Cherokee
4. Albemarle locked so no movement...
TJA is 6 seed unless y'all pass them... So y'all either got bishop or Cherokee in 3RD round but we wont know till its posted yalls game Isnt even listed on maxpreps

Albemarle has a lock to 4th round... Unless UA figures out a way to beat them. I was hoping albemarles win tonight would pass Cherokee so the braves could avoid bishop and north rowan as long as possible

Albemarle has a lock to 4th round... Unless UA figures out a way to beat them. I was hoping albemarles win tonight would pass Cherokee so the braves could avoid bishop and north rowan as long as possible
Still could be movement anybody know a final between East wilkes and north stokes?

East Wilkes won according to their Instagram no score listed just has pic of team and says tournament champs again doubt there is much movement if any... Wont know until north rowan posts there score

If north stokes lost I don’t think they pass UA and not sure the formula is going to push NR ahead of TJ. I would assume the top seeds as of now are locked in what’s your thoughts

I agree 1 through 5 wont change...north rowans RPI will increase whenever they enter the game but since TJA won today I dont think they will have enough to pass them... Therefore I think Cherokee gets an easier path to fourth round than anyone and hopefully north rowan and bishop go to 6 overtimes and are good and tired time the winner plays the braves. Even if north stokes won I dont think they would have passed union... Round 3 albemarle vs union academy rematch for 4TH time. I would go to that game but north vs bishop will be game im going to plus it looks like if Cherokee boys wins there first 2 games they will be playing at bishop... So I can watch a double header in the 3rd round. I probably wont go to a first or 2nd round game... They will all be extremely boring blowouts across the board

I agree 1 through 5 wont change...north rowans RPI will increase whenever they enter the game but since TJA won today I dont think they will have enough to pass them... Therefore I think Cherokee gets an easier path to fourth round than anyone and hopefully north rowan and bishop go to 6 overtimes and are good and tired time the winner plays the braves. Even if north stokes won I dont think they would have passed union... Round 3 albemarle vs union academy rematch for 4TH time. I would go to that game but north vs bishop will be game im going to plus it looks like if Cherokee boys wins there first 2 games they will be playing at bishop... So I can watch a double header in the 3rd round.
Albemarle and Union would be the second round

Oh then I will go then haha. I think Union is capable of the upset... Even if your center is healthy... Sometimes bulldogs get into habit of constantly trying to get her the ball instead of just running an offense in games ive seen y'all lose that appeared to be the case. Whomever wins will beat east Wilkes in the 3RD rd

Piedmont Comm lost to highland tech twice... Which is the 5TH place team in TJA's conference its amazing how these bad teams get 1 seeds. Same for Lil smoky mountain boys winner getting a 1 seed. If it wasn't for that rule controversy we would still have a friend of mine updating brackets weekly on here and running a pickem contest in football.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I wonder why North Rowan didn't report there win last night

Piedmont Comm lost to highland tech twice... Which is the 5TH place team in TJA's conference its amazing how these bad teams get 1 seeds. Same for Lil smoky mountain boys winner getting a 1 seed. If it wasn't for that rule controversy we would still have a friend of mine updating brackets weekly on here and running a pickem contest in football.

I know nothing about that team but it looks like they won their conference. Why shouldn't they get placed with the rest of the conference champs?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT