ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Discussion Board - 3rd Round

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
NCPreps wants to hear your thoughts on this weekend's matchups. Let the discussion begin.

4 Murphy (10-3) @ Robbinsville (13-0)
6 Alleghany (9-4) @ 2 Thomas Jefferson (10-3)

Murphy getting hot at the right time, gets revenge on Robbinsville. Murphy - 30 Robbinsville- 28. Alleghany keeps rolling. Alleghany - 35 TJA - 20. Murphy and Alleghany meet for a 3rd time in 4 years, and it ends up being much closer than years past. Still, I think we will have to catch some breaks to beat them, especially at home. Murphy is a TD-10 points better unless we catch some breaks.

Murphy/Robbinsville II is one of the most anticipated games of the year obviously. Been talked about since before August started so there's not a whole lot that can be added to the discussion. It's a battle between 2 traditional championship programs with 19 or 20 state championships between them and well over FORTY SMC championship trophies in the 2 schools trophy cases! You will notice the word "championship" comes up a lot when these 2 names get mentioned LOL.

Another factor is shared history of these 2 teams playing each other every year for MANY years dating back to the very formation of the Smoky Mountain Conference.These players today had most of their dads and granddads water the same fields with their own sweat and blood.

Also the venues these 2 teams play in are historic high school stadiums that have tons of history and the atmosphere at Big Oaks or The Hill can't be topped for a big showdown.

To me this game is a prime example of what makes football the greatest sport ever invented and why we love it so much. I wanna wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and God bless America, a great country where we should tbe hankful for everything we have and thankful we get to enjoy the most American of all sports, and with that said I will close out with one last thing:

GOOOOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!!
This post was edited on 11/25 8:53 AM by knine1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT