7) Highlands
26) Langtree Charter

10) Pine Lake Prep
23) Bessemer City

15) Albemarle
18) Mountain Island Charter

2) Community School Of Davidson
31) West Montgomery

I agree with everyone except I don’t think MIC will beat Albemarle. They are pretty much healthy again we’re missing a bunch against UC. I think Albemarle gets MIC

I agree with everyone except I don’t think MIC will beat Albemarle. They are pretty much healthy again we’re missing a bunch against UC. I think Albemarle gets MIC
Mitchell ain't great either. Don't know bout river mill. Mh is way better than what they are seeded

I think Langtree can upset Highlands. They play in a tough conference and non conference and didn't get blown out too many times. They have some skilled players and a great coach.
I also think Bessemer City can give Pine lake a run for their money. Only team to beat Lincoln Charter in conference this year. They have a great starting five and a PG that is hard to handle.

I’m going with my Wildcats with a upset in a close game !! I just feel it. Long road trip for UA, our boys will be up for this one and I look for the home crowd to pack the gym and be loud. That’s my pick and I’m sticking with it

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
North Stokes WILL beat South Stanly

I hope so. The entire NWC will be dangerous, but was looking at South Stanly having won 8 of 10 down the stretch after a slow start, figured they might have momentum and will be at home. I will probably be wrong plenty, just trying to spark some conversation.

I also agree that Langtree could beat Highlands, but went with the Highlanders because it is such a long windy drive up there and Highlands did beat Hayesville and Cherokee at home. But if the Highlands team that lost to Rosman shows up, they're toast.

1) Winston Salem Prep
32) Murphy (all i can say is give em hell Murphy)

16) Queens Grant
17) East Surry

8) Mitchell
25) River Mill

9) Bishop McGuinness
24) Mount Airy (Go Bears)

5) Starmount (go go go)
28) Thomas Jefferson

12) Cherryville
21) North Stanly

13) South Stanly
20) North Stokes

4) Lincoln Charter
29) Cherokee (GO SMC upset the charters)

3) North Rowan (dont think this one is close)
30) Carolina International

14) Andrews (GO SMC, dont turn the ball over and protect the paint)
19) Union Academy

6) Hayesville (go yellow jackets)
27) Highland School Of Technology (how did they beat #2 CSOD)

11) Chatham Charter
22) South Stokes (im pulling for ya)

7) Highlands (knock the charters out)
26) Langtree Charter

10) Pine Lake Prep
23) Bessemer City (go yellow jackets)

15) Albemarle (hope im wrong dont like charter schools in same bracket)
18) Mountain Island Charter

2) Community School Of Davidson
31) West Montgomery (pull the upset)

Highland Tech will have the best player Hayesville has seen all year, 6-4 kid averaging 25 and 12 who was POY in that league last year over Shubert from Lincoln Charter. I think they will be as tough a 10-13 team as you'll find and Hayesville better come to play, just wonder if we will see the team that lost to TJCA 3 times, or the one that beat CS-D.

I think Mitchell has a shot at home against River Mill tonight. I thought Mitchell played some of their best ball the last week of conference and in the conference tourney. I am guessing River Mill is a very athletic team, but do not appear to be very big from their roster. If Mitchell gets after it on defense and controls the boards, I could see them moving on to the next round. I would not go off of Mitchell's lop sided loss to Mountain Heritage in their last game, as the Cougars were just playing at a different level coming down the stretch.

This was a terrible draw for Murphy after really coming on strong at the end of the year in the SMC. WSP is a different animal. Best of luck to Murphy.

Reactions: therealsquid
Good run for Andrews and a lot of talent coming up but they won't reach their ceiling these next two years without more size. If B Holloway doesn't play or someone similarly tall and talented doesn't transfer in (transfer obviously unlikely) it's going to be a lot of reminiscing in a few years about how the Cats were a post player away from being a special team.

Good run for Andrews and a lot of talent coming up but they won't reach their ceiling these next two years without more size. If B Holloway doesn't play or someone similarly tall and talented doesn't transfer in (transfer obviously unlikely) it's going to be a lot of reminiscing in a few years about how the Cats were a post player away from being a special team.

Andrews should be very proud of what they accomplished with basically an "Iron 5" the last month or so. Union Academy had good size, solid ball pressure and one of their bigs had really great athleticism to go with his size. There was a pretty big dropoff when Union Academy went to their bench and they had some ball control issues, but they also shot the ball a little better than their stat sheet indicated they would. Still, Andrews was right there with a chance to win it in the final seconds despite giving up 2-3 inches at every position and having a bench so short it looked like the movie "Hoosiers"--it was a very gutsy performance.

With the Wildcats' backcourt being sophomores--and with a pretty good JV and the conference champ middle schoolers coming up--you'd think it won't be another 18-year gap between home playoff games for the Wildcats. But they'll have a big rebounding hole to fill. There are 3 10th grade post players at AHS right now who would have helped last night but either didn't play this year or didn't finish the season for various reasons. I doubt all 3 will be back, but if they can get 1 or 2 to buy in and get back on the court they should still be very good the next few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
There are 3 10th grade post players at AHS right now who would have helped last night but either didn't play this year or didn't finish the season for various reasons. I doubt all 3 will be back, but if they can get 1 or 2 to buy in and get back on the court they should still be very good the next few years.
I agree. If Holloway and one of O'Dell/Rattler plays I think they'll be ok.

Proud of Andrews season. They went from last place last season to 2nd place this season. I know the conference was down this season but still a great accomplishment. Like any other small 1A team the future is full of ifs. I do know they played tough with only 7 to 9 players all season. They played a team in the playoffs ranked 19th in the state that had beat the #2 team in the state and had other top 20 teams in their conference. We basically lost to them due to some missed free throws or we could have been playing tonight. The next several years look good for Andrews and they should be as competitive as any one else in the conference. Hard to predict in 1A

I know by watching Union Academy how Athletic and how good they were. Just watched highlights of North Rowan and was even more impressed how they beat Union Academy by double digits.

The Salisbury Post article on last night's game noted that North Rowan "only" had two dunks last night because of Union Academy's size, and had to rely on their mid-range game. So I'm imagining they are pretty athletic. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, going to the third round with 2/3 of the roster being 9th and 10th graders shows Hayesville is going to make a lot of noise the next few years.

The Salisbury Post article on last night's game noted that North Rowan "only" had two dunks last night because of Union Academy's size, and had to rely on their mid-range game. So I'm imagining they are pretty athletic. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, going to the third round with 2/3 of the roster being 9th and 10th graders shows Hayesville is going to make a lot of noise the next few years.
Yes great accomplishment for Hayesville this season and a bright future. Most of the highlights on N Rowan was dunks lol. Dang. Pack a tight zone and see if they can make the 3’s. Good luck to the Yellow Jackets

Reactions: PantherPit07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT