ADVERTISEMENT

1A Head Coaching Jobs

realjoejr

Dec 15, 2018
Mount Airy
Do y'all know of any head coaching vacancies at the 1A level. Y'all can list other classifications as well, I'm just wondering about the 1A vacancies. I know Swain is open but that's all I know.

Small County in the middle of nowhere. It’s almost as East as you can go before hitting the sound.

They have had a good run of athletes lately and it is being used as a stepping stone job.
Yep. Nowhere to live. They always have the athletes to compete but you are correct about coaches using it as a stepping stone job.

Reactions: UNC91
Yep. Nowhere to live. They always have the athletes to compete but you are correct about coaches using it as a stepping stone job.
Rumor has it they could make a big time hire for a school like Pamlico. Could be big for them if it happens. And may be for longer term than normal.

Rumor has it they could make a big time hire for a school like Pamlico. Could be big for them if it happens. And may be for longer term than normal.
Wonder if a coordinator in Pitt County would want it. But I get the feeling he likes where he is. Or maybe his friend over in red and blue country.

I can think of one Coordinator from Pitt will most likely go for it and get it if he wants to come "home". And yes, that would finally be a long term hire.

Reactions: UNC91
Dave Perrine is the new head man at Pamlico. No disrespect to the hire, but I'm guessing some of the bigger names out there didn't put their hat in the ring.

All of it can easily be explained. I would be breaking trust by doing it on a public forum.
Wow. They just posted it Friday. Guess Earl had his man lined up when Cook left. So, why waste anybody's time posting it? Oh well. Three years it will be open again.

Wow. They just posted it Friday. Guess Earl had his man lined up when Cook left. So, why waste anybody's time posting it? Oh well. Three years it will be open again.
Because it is a state job, it may be a requirement to post it. I don’t know how all that works.

Here is my two cents worth about the WNC coaching vacancies.. I think we see Chapel taking over at Swain and when it happens, Joseph Watson at Murphy. I would not be surprised to see the OC at Mitchell being offered Smoky or Franklin,
As for the other opening in the area. Franklin would not lose a step to name Matt Bradley as HC. he is a Franklin guy, won a baseball title while there and is a long time assistant. The kids love him and he is a first class guy.
If Chapel moves to Bryson City i fully expect Ricky Brindley to get the Pisgah job. He is beloved by the kids there and is familiar with the heavy expectations of the Canton faithful.
Owen should also look to Mitchell's OC if they don't have someone on staff to move up. This would be a great job for a young assistant coach from the piedmont area to move up to HC.
Smoky is on the outside looking in as usual. If were them I would be all over Josh Brooks. Like offer him the moon all over, but I just don't see it. Zeb Capps and Boone would be good on staff choices. I would also offer Jackson Co. native Rod White, and defensive guru Bobby Poss and former Rosman head coach Matt Stack. Not saying they would come but it would show SM is serious about football.
Former Hickory HC Russell Stone has shown interest in a mountain job in the past and would be a legit choice at Owen, Franklin or Smoky.

Here is my two cents worth about the WNC coaching vacancies.. I think we see Chapel taking over at Swain and when it happens, Joseph Watson at Murphy. I would not be surprised to see the OC at Mitchell being offered Smoky or Franklin,
As for the other opening in the area. Franklin would not lose a step to name Matt Bradley as HC. he is a Franklin guy, won a baseball title while there and is a long time assistant. The kids love him and he is a first class guy.
If Chapel moves to Bryson City i fully expect Ricky Brindley to get the Pisgah job. He is beloved by the kids there and is familiar with the heavy expectations of the Canton faithful.
Owen should also look to Mitchell's OC if they don't have someone on staff to move up. This would be a great job for a young assistant coach from the piedmont area to move up to HC.
Smoky is on the outside looking in as usual. If were them I would be all over Josh Brooks. Like offer him the moon all over, but I just don't see it. Zeb Capps and Boone would be good on staff choices. I would also offer Jackson Co. native Rod White, and defensive guru Bobby Poss and former Rosman head coach Matt Stack. Not saying they would come but it would show SM is serious about football.
Former Hickory HC Russell Stone has shown interest in a mountain job in the past and would be a legit choice at Owen, Franklin or Smoky.
Didn't know Smoky was open again. Did he leave for another job recently? They should go for Coach Stone.

Reactions: paul Graham 1A
Mitchell oc isn’t going anywhere.

Your way off on the first one

How many Western Mountain Coaches are actually moving or resigned ?
So many said to be moving, it sounds like the coaches are playing musical chairs and who will be the last man seated ? I'm not trying to be a smart azz but wondering if this is all speculation or 3 or 4 coaches moving on and 4 or 5 schools mentioned? I hope they get it all worked out soon because only 13 Fridays until the first football game and less till workouts. Good Luck to all concerned !

Last edited:
Smoky is on the outside looking in as usual. If were them I would be all over Josh Brooks. Like offer him the moon all over, but I just don't see it.

I don't disagree a minute about Matt. As purely a fan, he would be my choice and I have heard that from others in the community. However, we just hired a principal who was not already in the system and he may have his own ideas. We will see.

As far as Josh, I don't see him going anywhere. Every man has his price, I suppose, but every indication is that this is a move to spend time with his family.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I don't disagree a minute about Matt. As purely a fan, he would be my choice and I have heard that from others in the community. However, we just hired a principal who was not already in the system and he may have his own ideas. We will see.

As far as Josh, I don't see him going anywhere. Every man has his price, I suppose, but every indication is that this is a move to spend time with his family.
Looks like Coach Brooks reversed course and will stay on.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT