ADVERTISEMENT

1A Girls

Sorry about that. Bishop wins their 9th straight 1A Women's title.

Last shot from half court
This post was edited on 3/15 8:34 PM by 3daughters

confused0024.r191677.gif

You can call me a bad sport or whatever. We missed to many point blank shots and FT's and started slow, BUT this crap is getting old. When will the nchsaa do something? Two very good 1a teams, Riverside and East both with boundaries got beat by 2 teams with different rules. Do any of Bishops players actually live in Kernersville were the school is?

Originally posted by CP16:
You can call me a bad sport or whatever. We missed to many point blank shots and FT's and started slow, BUT this crap is getting old. When will the nchsaa do something? Two very good 1a teams, Riverside and East both with boundaries got beat by 2 teams with different rules. Do any of Bishops players actually live in Kernersville were the school is?

Both 1A title games came down to the last shot. Had they fallen the other way, we'd be celebrating different championship teams.

To suggest the game was won or lost because of where the players came from shows the ignorance of the poster and has no basis in reality.

It also shows no respect for the players and coaches on the court or the game itself.

Originally posted by SilversidesNC:

Both 1A title games came down to the last shot. Had they fallen the other way, we'd be celebrating different championship teams.

To suggest the game was won or lost because of where the players came from shows the ignorance of the poster and has no basis in reality.

It also shows no respect for the players and coaches on the court or the game itself.
It goes to show that after 9 titles in a row that there is an unfair advantage in 1A sports that is growing worse every year! These kids and schools have done noyhing wrong and these players should be very proud of there State Championship that they won! But come on it is an unfair advantage.

Its still called self recruiting.. It needs to change all you bishop supporters are saying its fair only because 1 team gives them a game.. I hope you enjoy your bought and paid for trophy and all those state championships where you recruited from all the best schools to win. I Think Ill send My 6 foot 4 Daughter there next year so she can enjoy winning a state title..LOL

Originally posted by SilversidesNC:

To try to claim otherwise shows your ignorance . All 1A traditional schools
abide by residency requirements while Charter Schools etc. don't have to. That's the bottom line. If we don't have the same rules against recruiting and residency or if NCHSAA allows an out of sight out of mind policy, or if Forsyth gets to make their own rules, then either put them in 3A or 4A or let them play other Charter Schools in regular season with the winners of all four divisions plus Charter and Parochial playing a six team tournament to determine the overall State Champion. Equal rights , equal rules.

"All 1A traditional schools abide by residency requirements"... No, they don't.

I can say this, if I opened up a prep school here in our county, I would bet I could get the best talent from all of our high schools, and it be a 1A school and win 7 or 8 state championships in a row .. would that be fair to the rest of you parents, fans and your kids that play .

There are no "prep" schools in the NCHSAA... How about the twins who played one year in Davison county, the next year in Davie county and this year in Forsyth county all the while still snuggled in their same beds..."residency requirements".. Sure there are.

Originally posted by big army mike:

Its still called self recruiting.. It needs to change all you bishop supporters are saying its fair only because 1 team gives them a game.. I hope you enjoy your bought and paid for trophy and all those state championships where you recruited from all the best schools to win. I Think Ill send My 6 foot 4 Daughter there next year so she can enjoy winning a state title..LOL
Your ignorance is showing.

First your daughter would need to pass the entrance exam for Bishop.
Then you'll need to come up with the $8,000+ per year tuition and fees (no scholarships given)
Then she'll need to meet the NCHSAA eligibility requirements to try out for the team
Then she'll have to tryout and make the JV or Varsity team.

That last part is extremely easy - the five years my children attended the most players that were cut from tryouts was 2.

You're more than welcome to start a prep school in your area with the same requirements. We'll see how quickly you make the playoffs.

If you'd bothered to watch the game before running your mouth, you'd know that the teams were very competitive. Riverside played a much better second half than Bishop. Kayla Jones was arguably the best player on the court. Bishop won by tenacity and luck.

3 Daughters, Don't worry she could get in, she scored almost perfect on the SAT missed it by 40 points, Like her brother who got a full ride to NC State. 2nd. Money no issue , I am not rich but there are ways to get the money to pay. So number 2 is taken care of. No 3, at 6 foot 4, I am sure she makes the team , You will not want to play against her , So there you have another Star to go with your other all stars. Sounds like This is unfair to the school she is at and all the other schools as well. Now show your Ignorance again. Please.

This post was edited on 3/16 1:31 PM by big army mike

This post was edited on 3/16 1:32 PM by big army mike

This post was edited on 3/16 1:34 PM by big army mike

You mean that there were not 6/7 teams in the west better than riverside and east? That's usually what you claim. No one has still answered by first question. Is there anyone on the Bishop team from kernersviller? That is where this 1a school is located?

Your ignorance is showing.

First your daughter would need to pass the entrance exam for Bishop.
Then you'll need to come up with the $8,000+ per year tuition and fees (no scholarships given)
Sounds like a private schools to me!! You have to pay tuition and can live anywhere and still play there! Sounds like a disadvantage to me! That is a private school just like most Christian Schools!
This post was edited on 3/16 2:08 PM by MA BEARMAN

These schools are not doing anything wrong and these kids have earned there Titles and should be very proud of them and schools like Bishop are great schools to attend if u can afford it but this is an issue that needs some attention!

You mean that there were not 6/7 teams in the west better than riverside and east? That's usually what you claim. No one has still answered by first question. Is there anyone on the Bishop team from kernersviller? That is where this 1a school is located?
1st: Riverside is an excellent team. They're quick, with a smothering defense. They were able to shut down Bishop's outside game, forcing them to the inside and drawing fouls. They were able to capitalize on the fouls with over a third of their points a result of shooting 60%+ from the line. You might disagree, but to me their weakness was settling down in the big arena. Once they settled down, they were very good - they outscored Bishop in the last 3 quarters 49-44. Could they hang with any team from the west? Yes. Have most 1A finalist from the East been able to say the same? No.

2nd: The final shot was a Hail Mary from mid court that hit the backboard, bounced off the rim and fell into the basket. The very next game had a similar Hail Mary from mid court that hit the backboard, bounced off the rim and fell out of the basket. You're telling me that the player's hometown was the difference in making/missing the shot? I'm glad you're not a coach - your team would NEVER win.

All great points. Where has anyone said the hometown is why the shot went in. I've seen 3/4 different videos of the final shot. The officials reviewed to see that it was released before the lights. It was. But watching it again, i'm still not sure it started on time. She caught the rebound, paused, took 6 dribbles and released in 5.2 seconds. Seems hard to do. In the second game, pretty sure the clock did not start on time again. 1.1 seconds, ball was deflected, caught and shot. Seems hard to do. Congrats on the win. NOW : You still have not answered my question.(1) Are there any / or how / many players from the town of Kernersville? That is were your 1a school is located? All our players live within 9 miles of our front door in a rural county. (2) Next question if it does not make a difference where the players come from, why have classifications? 1a sports are about small towns battling other small towns for glory. You have kids from the entire triad area. I guess if it does not matter, you should play Myers Park. Good luck!

The girl who made the half court shot lives in Kerneville probably 120 second drive from the front door of the school...satisfied?

Okay that's 1. Any others? Also noticed she came from a public middle school, not a catholic one.

Big Army's daughter would not be able to play next season. The parochials do use the 365 rule for students transferring from a public after day one freshman year. In addition the residence would be required to be within 25 miles of the school address.

I personally am ok with the parochials but I think the athlete should only be allowed to play sports there if they have been a member of the local Catholic diocese or their previous one if moving into the area for a set number of years before they can play even if they start at the school day one freshman year. With the Catholic faith rule I would be ok if the mileage radius was extended. Also, I would like to see the parochials play at least one class.

This post was edited on 3/16 8:27 PM by btango

Originally posted by 3daughters:
The girl who made the half court shot lives in Kerneville probably 120 second drive from the front door of the school...satisfied?
U have two girls I know of that live in Winston Salem also! Give it up we all know the truth.
As I said nothing is being done against the rules we are all saying the situation throught the stae in 1A needs to be looked at.
Congrads on the win those girls earned it and it is well deserved!

"Its still called self recruiting.. It needs to change all you bishop supporters are saying its fair only because 1 team gives them a game.. I hope you enjoy your bought and paid for trophy and all those state championships where you recruited from all the best schools to win. I Think Ill send My 6 foot 4 Daughter there next year so she can enjoy winning a state title..LOL"
McGuinness is not a Kernersville school. It is a school that was placed in Kernersville as a central location by the Diocese of Charlotte to accomodate the Catholic kids in the Triad from the Diocese of Charlotte K-8 schools. Lots of 1A schools can complain about them having an unfair advantage. Understood. BUT NOT MT. AIRY. And MA would have a girls title if they hadn't choked it away. So would some other 1A girls' teams I could name over the years including E. Surry, Thomasville and River Mill. All 3 should have beaten McGuinness in regional or state title games if they could have made 40% from the free throw line those nights.
Big- I am sure they are definitely enjoying the trophy. You have a 6'4 daughter? Yep would love to have her. Gonna be hard to content with WSP and Atkins next year. If she is eligible bring her on
wink.r191677.gif

Just checking in to see if sliver and coaches daughter found any more kernersville players on the bishop team?

I doubt that more than 10-15% of the entire school population is from Kernersville. It is not a Kernersville School. It is the Catholic High School for this area built in Kernersville by the Diocese so it would be a commutable distance for the Catholic School kids in the diocese. So it is not going to have a bunch of Kernersville kids on the team since there are not that many in the school. The school population is mostly Catholic kids from their Catholic School system. It is not a Kernersville High School.

I guess we should start the Downeast school of the Baptist. We will only admit Baptist from Martin County, Little Washington, Plymouth, Greenville, and Tarboro. We will only accept a few students to keep us 1a. LOL!!!!

Hey Bearman, what letter in NCHSAA stands for "public"?

CP... go for it, except make sure to remember that Downeast School of the Baptist would not be a public school and therefore all of those parents can pay their property taxes to support the public school system and also lots of tuition to keep the faith based school open..but well worth it..so when are you going to get started?

I was just asking? I would think a school that has $8000 tuition a year and u have to pass entry exam to get in would be concidered private!

Dosso,
Go to Yadkin Valley sports lose look at the Mount Airy Bishop game from 3 years ago. Mount Airy Shot 75% from the free throw line. Not 40% I would agree that MA played timid and lost the game but to say they choke and shot 40% from the free throw line is not accurate. Bishop has had some bounce go their way. They are very well coach and play hard and had some very good players but yes they have had some luck along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT