ADVERTISEMENT

1A girls playoff regional picks

Couple of potential early round upsets to watch...

1) Hiawassee Dam was done no favors. To make regionals, they're going to have to go through Mount Airy in round 2 and probably Bishop in round 3.

2) Lincoln Charter drawing Bishop in round 1 probably doesn't end well.

3) River Mill and West Montgomery in round 2 will be interesting to watch also.

Regional picks:

Cherokee, Gray Stone, W-S Prep, Bishop

This post was edited on 2/21 6:47 PM by Dave2kMA

I agree with all of the above except I don't think GS makes it to Winston.

Another upset to watch east Surry over Graystone even in the 2nd rd if Graystone beats ES they have to play South Davidson or chatham both have beat GS this year.

Y'all already lost to Gray Stone twice, so no reason to think it changes if you play a third time, but that sectional is certainly wide open. No dominant team there.

First time was without Robinson, and Davis hill. Both times we were up double digits both games. Second game 10 straight free throws to get the lead. Not crying wolf just not a coincidence the crew that called that game we or to my knowledge nobody else has seen since. Don't count the bulldogs out yet.

The final bracket changed a lot of things up from the preliminary.

Bishop going to Atkins 1st round

That's a MAJOR change. Bishop now in real danger of not getting out of round one. Even if they do, they got tossed into the most difficult sectional possible. They'd have to get past Atkins, Hayesville and Prep to make it there.

Yeah I was looking over the bracket and it looks like North Moore is on there now and was not previously. Which changed the lower portion of the bracket a lot.

This is where Strength of Schedule would have came in handy in the brackets. No way Bishop is the 22nd best team, no way Atkins is the 11th best team. Atkins is top 4 and might be the 2nd best team behind Prep, and they have a very good shot at knocking WS Prep off. WOW.

I think many Jacket fans would love to see Bishop have to travel to Hayesville in the 2nd Round!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Wonder why East Montgomery 6-17 didn't get in finished ahead of north Moore in conference 3-5 vs 1-7 and had one more win than Mitchell? And they beat NM twice.

This post was edited on 2/22 12:53 AM by justanotherfan46

I wondered the same thing. The only thing I can think of was north Moore had a better winning percentage. Don't know how Mitchell was in over them unless it came down to a draw.

Mitchell got in because both of the 1A teams from their conference automatically make. Next year you will have to have at least a 33% winning percentage to make it. So Mitchell at 5-17 would not make it

If Robbinsville beat Mills River who would we play next? I am talking about girls.

That's right, I remember now. And the boys get Albemarle in round 2. Long trips for both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT