ADVERTISEMENT

1A Girls 4th Round Murphy @ Avery

Sounds like cherokee...up 8 with 30 seconds left and blew it.

Final 68-63 Murphy. Murphy with two 3’s in a row to put the dagger in it. Gonna be a good one Saturday in hickory with East Surry.

Reactions: mbdfan
Wish I could've been there, sounds like it was an amazing game. Great fight from the girls to regather in OT but never should've come to that.

Congrats to the Avery girls on a great season, shame it had to end for either team.

Wish I could've been there, sounds like it was an amazing game. Great fight from the girls to regather in OT but never should've come to that.

Congrats to the Avery girls on a great season, shame it had to end for either team.
Yea it was a great game. It felt like Murphy controlled most of the game, but Avery never went away. We were down 22 to 9, and closed it up going halftime. Comparable could not miss from 3 even with hand in her face on two of them. Avery had problems with torin Rogers and athleticism. I was more impressed with her than Addison. Franklin and Addison were not huge factors in this game, played good defense when they guarded each other. Avery missed some easy shots around the rim but that happens. Clapsaddle could not buy a shot in the 3rd, even wide open. And heaven Nelson decided to start being super aggressive along with Hannah McIntosh and came roaring back. In the 4th Rogers and clapsaddle got hot again and built the lead to 10 again with ill over minute left. I will say Murphy was clutch at the foul line even with the crowd noise. Avery put 5'11 Regan Hughes in game and started full court trap, and forced turnovers that led to layups and 2 big threes by Regan McKinney. Murphy could not get a good look with 10 sec left in regulation. Avery grabbed 2 point lead finally with under 2 min left. And clapsaddle made 3 bout 2 feet behind line and contested. Her and Nelson did not cancel each other out, they were both huge in this game. Avery hit another big 3 by McIntosh to tie game. Then number 3 for Murphy( I think the one you said had a sweet shot hit a big corner 3 and we missed a 3 and knocked ball out of bounds. Then number 3 hit big free throws to end game. But this game did not make me feel the way I did two years ago when we lost to ma. I honestly felt like Murphy was the better team this go around. We just happened to play all Midwest teams 2 years ago that were no match for avery .We had to play 2 tough west teams this time. If Murphy plays and executes the way they did tonight they will go to state championship. So if es thought Cherokee was great, wait til you play this team. They have the size and talent to beat you. You can't game plan 1 player, all 7 can beat you. The nw1a's streak is in major jeopardy this year. The girls and coaches for avery were all emotional after game, they gave it all they had and come up a ill short. I hope Murphy fans respect our efforts and our conference after this hard fought game. This Murphy team would compete with the mh team that beat us 3 times and is on to the 2a regional final game for the 2nd straight year. The smc and whc conferences are no joke. The crowd noise and home court kept us in game, but Murphy is going on. Well deserving. Now get over the hump and win it all!!

Yea it was a great game. It felt like Murphy controlled most of the game, but Avery never went away. We were down 22 to 9, and closed it up going halftime. Comparable could not miss from 3 even with hand in her face on two of them. Avery had problems with torin Rogers and athleticism. I was more impressed with her than Addison. Franklin and Addison were not huge factors in this game, played good defense when they guarded each other. Avery missed some easy shots around the rim but that happens. Clapsaddle could not buy a shot in the 3rd, even wide open. And heaven Nelson decided to start being super aggressive along with Hannah McIntosh and came roaring back. In the 4th Rogers and clapsaddle got hot again and built the lead to 10 again with ill over minute left. I will say Murphy was clutch at the foul line even with the crowd noise. Avery put 5'11 Regan Hughes in game and started full court trap, and forced turnovers that led to layups and 2 big threes by Regan McKinney. Murphy could not get a good look with 10 sec left in regulation. Avery grabbed 2 point lead finally with under 2 min left. And clapsaddle made 3 bout 2 feet behind line and contested. Her and Nelson did not cancel each other out, they were both huge in this game. Avery hit another big 3 by McIntosh to tie game. Then number 3 for Murphy( I think the one you said had a sweet shot hit a big corner 3 and we missed a 3 and knocked ball out of bounds. Then number 3 hit big free throws to end game. But this game did not make me feel the way I did two years ago when we lost to ma. I honestly felt like Murphy was the better team this go around. We just happened to play all Midwest teams 2 years ago that were no match for avery .We had to play 2 tough west teams this time. If Murphy plays and executes the way they did tonight they will go to state championship. So if es thought Cherokee was great, wait til you play this team. They have the size and talent to beat you. You can't game plan 1 player, all 7 can beat you. The nw1a's streak is in major jeopardy this year. The girls and coaches for avery were all emotional after game, they gave it all they had and come up a ill short. I hope Murphy fans respect our efforts and our conference after this hard fought game. This Murphy team would compete with the mh team that beat us 3 times and is on to the 2a regional final game for the 2nd straight year. The smc and whc conferences are no joke. The crowd noise and home court kept us in game, but Murphy is going on. Well deserving. Now get over the hump and win it all!!
Also, props to MacKenzie Franklin for playing most of her senior season hurt and in pain. She fought through it cause avery had a chance to win state. She gave it her all for 4 years, and definitely this year. She will be missed at ACHS.

Lol Cherokee was not “great” they were very good only reason it was close was that they got hot from deep in the second half. Y’all only lost by 5 in OT and now murphy is unbeatable I expect a great game but you obviously have not seen East Surry girls play and your comments show that I have not seen murphy but I’m not claiming that it’s over either I’m expecting a back and fourth game that comes down to the last minute or OT.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Lol Cherokee was not “great” they were very good only reason it was close was that they got hot from deep in the second half. Y’all only lost by 5 in OT and now murphy is unbeatable I expect a great game but you obviously have not seen East Surry girls play and your comments show that I have not seen murphy but I’m not claiming that it’s over either I’m expecting a back and fourth game that comes down to the last minute or OT.
No I was not disrespecting es I know they are great. I'm just saying be ready for a competitive game. This Murphy team is outstanding. I know union academy is a tough team, Murphy knows from playing them last season. Good luck!!

No I was not disrespecting es I know they are great. I'm just saying be ready for a competitive game. This Murphy team is outstanding. I know union academy is a tough team, Murphy knows from playing them last season. Good luck!!
Murphy killed us from 3 as well. And anybody can be beat any given night.

Classy post survivor, thank you for the kind words and best of luck to Avery moving forward. Your seniors had a great career and should be proud of their accomplishments.

Classy post survivor, thank you for the kind words and best of luck to Avery moving forward. Your seniors had a great career and should be proud of their accomplishments.
We want have a great team like this for decades. That's how good the 1a west is year after year. There are 4 or 5 teams that would have won the east not just this year but the previous 3 years. All Murphy has to do is play like they did last night and they will move on. Murphy and avery's guards are top notch!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT