ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1A Boys or Girls ?

In 1A Boys or Girls ? Which seems to have got the most attention this year ?

• Girls

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Boys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Girls....think everyone assumed it would be winston salem prep then everyone else in boys so wasnt much to talk about....but they didnt bring there c game so they lost to bishop :)
Girls all day!! There have some crazy games in this tournament. Mitchell Avery 2nd round. Es Cherokee 3rd round. Avery ma rematch 3rd round. Murphy Avery last night. Now you have es Murphy Saturday.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Girls all day!! There have some crazy games in this tournament. Mitchell Avery 2nd round. Es Cherokee 3rd round. Avery ma rematch 3rd round. Murphy Avery last night. Now you have es Murphy Saturday.
Anybody from Murphy and Cherokee can answer this question. I know western Carolina is in cullowee. Where is that close to in relation to the smc teams? I know 3 of avery's girls are going there next year. Is western Carolina too good for anybody in 1a to walk on to the team. I know they have great medical program. There is always intermiral ball they call it.

Anybody from Murphy and Cherokee can answer this question. I know western Carolina is in cullowee. Where is that close to in relation to the smc teams? I know 3 of avery's girls are going there next year. Is western Carolina too good for anybody in 1a to walk on to the team. I know they have great medical program. There is always intermiral ball they call it.
Also mh plays after your game in 2a. If you got time check them out and tell me what you think.

Cullowhee is 20-30 minutes east of Cherokee, little over an hour northeast of Murphy, and an hour or so northwest of Rosman, if that gives you an idea if its location. Their women's team didn't win a SoCon game all year, but not sure how open the coach is to walk ons.

Cullowhee is 20-30 minutes east of Cherokee, little over an hour northeast of Murphy, and an hour or so northwest of Rosman, if that gives you an idea if its location. Their women's team didn't win a SoCon game all year, but not sure how open the coach is to walk ons.
Can't win with scholarship athletes. Why not give the best players in western nc couldn't be no worse than what they have now.

So far, Girls, 10 Boys zero, so what is everyone's opinion of what made the Girls games more popular this year ? I say most of the Boys were down this year and the Girls have been getting better and more exciting every year and I can see that to continue as the talent of the girls improve each year. Can we get more opinions or improve on mine as I just hear them on several radio stations and those that see the games in person can get into depth on what is happening on the court with all the new great talented Girls that are stepping up and who they are in each conference. Let us here about the best girls in each conference.I know there is way more talent out there then I hear on the radio. Give us some in-depth info on who and why your teams best players are at the top of your conference. Also, add who will be stepping up next year.Also, let's see more votes 10 to zero, man the boys are looking bad. will it be 20 or more to zero ? I think so because I have not enjoyed listing to the boys as much as the girls this year. Do we send the boys a message they need to step it up and I am mainly talking about 1A as I mostly hear 1A on the radio but you can add any division if you have some really great girls you like. Let us hear it ! !

Reactions: AHVikingNation
So far, Girls, 10 Boys zero, so what is everyone's opinion of what made the Girls games more popular this year ? I say most of the Boys were down this year and the Girls have been getting better and more exciting every year and I can see that to continue as the talent of the girls improve each year. Can we get more opinions or improve on mine as I just hear them on several radio stations and those that see the games in person can get into depth on what is happening on the court with all the new great talented Girls that are stepping up and who they are in each conference. Let us here about the best girls in each conference.I know there is way more talent out there then I hear on the radio. Give us some in-depth info on who and why your teams best players are at the top of your conference. Also, add who will be stepping up next year.Also, let's see more votes 10 to zero, man the boys are looking bad. will it be 20 or more to zero ? I think so because I have not enjoyed listing to the boys as much as the girls this year. Do we send the boys a message they need to step it up and I am mainly talking about 1A as I mostly hear 1A on the radio but you can add any division if you have some really great girls you like. Let us hear it ! !
Come on survivor 1110, you seem to get around a lot and all you that get to see these games lets hear it . I don't get out so I would love to hear more.Let us see who has the best player or best story for the season and that includes Mods and staff that have been to these games. The season is drawing to an end and myself and probably many others wants to hear more.

Last edited:
Well at Mountain Heritage over the last few seasons the talent level has been about the same for boys and girls teams both teams have been really young this year our girls got better as the season played out our boys lost thete first to games due to no practice for all the kids that played football and oue of our best players hurt his knee in Reidsville football game and missed quite a few games also our boys did not have any compotition after losing first 2 games till 3rd round of playoffs but our girls played East Burke and a couple other good teams in nonconfernce schedule and also had some tough conference games with Mitchell any Avery both having really good teams also I may be wroung but it's almost impossible for a small 2a boys mountain team to win a championship because of the triditional powers in basketball same as football but most years the 2a Girls are more wideopen .that's my 2cents worth misspelled words and all

I think people prefer talking about the girls side right now because there is a belief that there is more parity there and that more teams have a shot. Most people in boys just assume it will be Prep or Lincoln Charter every year.

Reactions: mbdfan
Well at Mountain Heritage over the last few seasons the talent level has been about the same for boys and girls teams both teams have been really young this year our girls got better as the season played out our boys lost thete first to games due to no practice for all the kids that played football and oue of our best players hurt his knee in Reidsville football game and missed quite a few games also our boys did not have any compotition after losing first 2 games till 3rd round of playoffs but our girls played East Burke and a couple other good teams in nonconfernce schedule and also had some tough conference games with Mitchell any Avery both having really good teams also I may be wroung but it's almost impossible for a small 2a boys mountain team to win a championship because of the triditional powers in basketball same as football but most years the 2a Girls are more wideopen .that's my 2cents worth misspelled words and all

Your boys team is good but they need to come off the mountain and play teams like they face, and get beat by, in the playoffs. Risk a couple of losses and expose your team/players to more athletic teams they struggle with year in year out. Great kids and they would benefit from playing more talented teams than they do.

Until charters, magnets and the basketball mill (aka WS Prep) have their own playoff bracket or some other leveler of the playing field you will probably continue to see interest wane in 1A men's basketball and other charter dominated sports like volleyball and the country club sports. I'm sure it's just be a matter of time until one of the charters have a dominate run in women's basketball as well.

Your boys team is good but they need to come off the mountain and play teams like they face, and get beat by, in the playoffs. Risk a couple of losses and expose your team/players to more athletic teams they struggle with year in year out. Great kids and they would benefit from playing more talented teams than they do.
I agree 100 percent it looks like Heritage could try to play Freedom McDowell even some of the Caldwell and Burke county schools and if that don't work try to pick up a game in Tennessee we need better competition but our worst problem is our conference is so weak even if we do play tougher non conference teams by the time you work your way thru conference play and the tournament you have played at least 12 strait bad teams so your really getting worse as the conference plays out we won I think 23 strait games after losing our first 2 games of the season most all our basketball players play football and going to the 4th and 3rd round of football playoffs the last two years hurt us as well because of practice time but like you said it's hard to beat the traditional powers especially with us being one of the smallest 2a schools with 665 students now that's all the things that work against Heritage but we do have one thing that is really awesome its our youth league football and basketball programs I would bet over half the kids that start elementry school in Yancey County participate especially in basketball and soccer and our community supports our kids we don't grow many special athletes but we do get the most out of what we do have and it don't hurt to throw in a few tough strong kids but they all live in the weight room our little school has came a long way just in the last decade our girls team has potential too be good for a while highschool sports is a tough business especially us fans it causes me a lot of heartache but the joy of winning that one big game or beating your rival makes it all worthwhile and some of the football games I've seen over the last ten years have been so good I felt like I cheated somebody for only paying 7 bucks

Until charters, magnets and the basketball mill (aka WS Prep) have their own playoff bracket or some other leveler of the playing field you will probably continue to see interest wane in 1A men's basketball and other charter dominated sports like volleyball and the country club sports. I'm sure it's just be a matter of time until one of the charters have a dominate run in women's basketball as well.
Before long transvestites will dominate all women's sports especially at the highschool level look how fast the tennis champion of the 70s 80s era I can't remember her name who herself is a lesbian got axed by only speaking of this coming problem and no I'm no raciest I be live that men should play with the men and stay the hell out of little girls bathrooms

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Before long transvestites will dominate all women's sports especially at the highschool level look how fast the tennis champion of the 70s 80s era I can't remember her name who herself is a lesbian got axed by only speaking of this coming problem and no I'm no raciest I be live that men should play with the men and stay the hell out of little girls bathrooms
Amen !

Girls for sure. Just more competitive all the way around right now. Carolina day dropping their girls program this year made Erwin, Enka, Asheville relevant again. Best thing I saw this year, Heaven Nelson from Avery scoring 2,000 pts for her career. Girls to look out for next yr, Hannah Tipton. Lead Mtn Heritage in all stats and so far an undefeated season for the cougars in 2a. Torin Rodgers at Murphy, probably a D1 prospect. Girls teams to to watch out for next yr. Mtn heritage( again) 2a. East Surry ( they still have one of the best players in the state), Murphy, well coached and a lot of talent. Still a homer, so don’t sleep on Mitchell. Return everyone.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Girls for sure. Just more competitive all the way around right now. Carolina day dropping their girls program this year made Erwin, Enka, Asheville relevant again. Best thing I saw this year, Heaven Nelson from Avery scoring 2,000 pts for her career. Girls to look out for next yr, Hannah Tipton. Lead Mtn Heritage in all stats and so far an undefeated season for the cougars in 2a. Torin Rodgers at Murphy, probably a D1 prospect. Girls teams to to watch out for next yr. Mtn heritage( again) 2a. East Surry ( they still have one of the best players in the state), Murphy, well coached and a lot of talent. Still a homer, so don’t sleep on Mitchell. Return everyone.
Oh yea mh and Mitchell should definitely be at top of WHC. I tell you what the young athletic Polk team in a couple of years will be tough to deal with. I think the smc will always be good. Yea Nelson was an unbelievable scorer. Also point guard McIntosh had over 500 assists, and Franklin had over 500 rebounds. Franklin had the most college potential. But having to guard multiple talented 6 footers for 4 years beat up her hip. So I would be surprised if she ever played another basketball game ever. But you never know. I know Nelson and McIntosh had some discussions with mars hill. I know Tipton for mh will be playing college ball, she is super talented. Rogers for Murphy will definitely play college ball. Her size and athleticism got the best of Franklin a few times tues night, and that is avery's best defender. Mitchell will have a hard time beating es and Murphy next year. But two years from now they have a chance to win it all.

Reactions: WHChoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT