Charlotte NC
Voyager Academy 14-2 VS Kestrel Heights 8-3

Plymouth 6-1 VS Camden County 8-1

Midway 12-1 VS Trask 8-5

Spring Creek 10-2 VS Rosewood 7-4

Winston Salem Prep 9-3 VS North Stokes 8-6

Starmount 6-1 VS West Wilkes 7-5

Bishop McGuiness 12-3 VS Mount Airy 9-5

It's not listed on their schedules for MaxPreps (a lot of Robbinsville's is missing, maybe bc they had to reschedule a lot after their football state title run), but Robbinsville (5-1) and Cherokee (12-0) play tomorrow as well I believe.

Queens Grant is missing 6'8 Patrick Tape a D1 talent who is out for the rest of the season with a injury. This game will still be good do not expect a blow out. I have seen Albemarle roster they are very talented and have the deeper team but Queens Grant is well coached they play good basketball. I am looking forward to a good game. Check out the preview on the game tomorrow morning on the front page.

I've seen QG since the Tape injury. They're not much to worry about.

Albemarle big.

Tape had 13 vs albemarle last year in a 85-51 loss. This years team is bigger, faster and more skilled than last year. In addition to being deeper.

Robbinsville will be visiting the ARENA Friday night. Should be a huge night with a huge crowd. If you can witness this one I would. Both teams are very good.

We'll see on the Blue Dogs also. They've yet to play anyone worth much, so it's difficult to really get a gauge on how good they are.

No question they're a talented bunch and they should sleepwalk through the YVC, but where they're at in terms of contending for a State Title is probably going to remain TBD until the playoffs.

That westchester country day team was a pretty good team. Had a pretty good big and a really nice PG. They were very athletic as well.

I will say they are a contender for a state title, I think the 1a is loaded this year for boys and girls and it will depend on matchups and how these teams perform from rd 3 on it's anybody's game.

I agree this is my first year really tuning into 1A hoops and I like what I see from a lot of teams this year. Playoffs will be good.

Robbinsville @ Cherokee is the biggest game on Friday 1/9/2015 hands down. This game has SMC championship implications and should be a good one. The Black Knights are still shaping into form after claiming the 1A State Championship in football. Cherokee on the other hand has been firing on all cylinders as they continue their undefeated streak. This will be a great measuring stick for both teams.

Should be a good one at Cherokee tonight. I think Rville boys and girls both have a chance at the win tonight. Boys have a very good chance and if it was later in the season I would think Robbinsville as the favorite.

Albemarle is the real deal good depth talent all over and there jv is loaded spoke to there coach he has been there for years and it seems he has done a great job and might be on the verge of getting over the hump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT