ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball 1A Baseball

Man they don't talk baseball a whole lot around here.

Do like me and keep trying though.

Well not sure what part of state your in but as for the SMC conference I've seen all the teams and Murphy is the best team in that conference. They play second place rosman Friday at rosman. When healthy Hayesville has the pitching to beat anybody.

Reactions: thekidd12
Well not sure what part of state your in but as for the SMC conference I've seen all the teams and Murphy is the best team in that conference. They play second place rosman Friday at rosman. When healthy Hayesville has the pitching to beat anybody.
Thank you!!!

Any baseball news is good news.

2 weeks left in the regular season. Anyone out there want to take a stab at the new qualification/seeding process?

Will be interesting to see where Whiteville ends up in seeding. Six losses at this point, all to 4A schools, four by one run. They have clinched conference.

Last week of regular season. I'd love to see someone take a stab at a bracket projection.

My understanding is that they take the best 64 teams possible, then divide up into the regional pods. So qualify, then seed. Is that how you did your projection?

"Best 64" means taking all conference champions, then any conference tournament winners that were not conference regular season champions, then wild cards based on overall record winning percentage, with last spot ties broken by conference winning percentage, and those ties broken by random draw, and then they're split into regions and pods based on longitude....it is NOT like the NCAA basketball tournament where a committee gets in a room and subjectively decides who gets in and who goes where and who plays who

Three Rivers has cancelled its tournament. Too many games to be made up. Your projection looks very similar to a local coach's I saw. Only drawback is incomplete records on MaxPreps that probably will not be correct until seeding day and teams that play 23 games and have a non-conference loss they can drop.
I realize that some of the northeastern 1A school are isolated and have trouble scheduling games, but the NCHSAA should have some minimum number that is required, say 16. I don't believe 5-7 should get in ahead of 8-12, but it does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT