ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball 1A baseball discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDevilcoach

Dec 11, 2003
Very disappointed to see some of the comments in the thread that was shut down. People should be acting like adults and be responsible for their actions. I read the thread from beginning to end and know all parties involved. In Transylvania county you will be hard pressed to find 2 more knowledgeable people about baseball than Coach Ruff and Coach Dodson. As far as making comments about kids that goes way too far. The kids at Brevard and Rosman work their butts off to get better. Now some do work harder than others because some maybe aren't as talented as other. That's the cool thing about baseball. Hard work in baseball can really help you achieve your dreams. I have saw multiple players go to college and play that initially I would have told you there was no way. However, their hard work and determination got them there. I applaud those kids with determination. Do parents sometimes take that too far and maybe do a little too much. Sure. Its their kid though and if he wants to play and they have the means then who are we to say anything. I have coached all the kids involved at one time or another and they are all very good kids. So instead of jealously be a part of the team and pull for them. If you cant do that then you are the problem. Hiding your identity and making negative comments help no one. If there is an issue call your coach schedule a meeting and address it. NOT ON A GAMEDAY!! Good luck to both teams and hopefully adults will start acting like adults and let kids be kids. Oh yeah. I'm R Lambert.

Reactions: superhasbeen
I am still baffled by the thought process of the "adult" or "adults" that were on that thread causing all the trouble. Why? What good was going to come out of any of that? To openly bash a coach is one thing, but to then bash the players is totally uncalled for, childish and pathetic.

First off my attention was not to start a thread where kids name was mentioned in bad light. The kid in ? is a hard worker. I think it's great his parents can do what they do. I think it's an honor he was chosen for UA.That is why I immediately called out the poster and even asked the moderator to delete what poster put. I have no jealousy towards coach ruff, I realize it looks like that I do, but I was honestly given facts that are plaguing Tiger bb. Ricky how do you think those kids feel when they are working so hard, but there stats are wrong and credit given to others on purpose, and let me add the coach uses the stats as a tool to who starts. And like I said earlier one parent told me his kid spoke to coach, and than the parent spoke to coach. And you and I both know if kid is pitching fit and throwing things what a distraction that is. But nothing was done. And to superhasbeen I'm not a bb parent but was a concerned citizen on how the program was being taken.I was sticking up for those kids that are getting a raw deal and for the ones that end up quitting due to this mess. As I said before why does this coach get a pass with his actions. I agree completely with what you said about coach Dodson, the greatest coach Tiger bb has had. Instead of people blindly coming on here defending head coach talk to all the kids on that team and ask how they feel, I think you may be surprised.

My son played travel ball for coach Ruff, and let me just say that the Drama on the team was terrible. He would tell my son that he was going to pitch but wouldn't pitch him, he would take hits from my son and give his son those hits. My son goes to West Henderson now but he played on those travel ball teams. My son would get furious with him and it would throw him off his game, I honestly dont see how anyone can support a liar that is only there for his kid. If anyone has any questions just ask me I can answer all of them. I also support Tiger Den through, and through.

Reactions: TigerDen2
Yes, Rosman alum 18 this is exactly what I was talking about. The parents I talk to said he does this tactic a lot. He does a great job of telling people what they want to hear.

I mean it is very sad to hear that a coach could do that to a kid. I could go on and on about what is allowed in the dugout with certain kids. I just wish the coach would own up to what he does.

Tiger den 2, you just started in March and Rosman tiger you started today. Read the rules, this site is to promote neither of you are doing that. So till you two and others can play by the rules, stay off. This one is locked also.

And I really hate doing this, because I love baseball and like to see post on here about success in HS.

Take your complaints to the Coach, AD, Principal. They can fix it, can’t be done on here complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT