ADVERTISEMENT

(14-0) East Duplin vs (13-1) North Davidson 2AA EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP

That was an impressive win. East just lines up and runs it right at you. Congratulations to East Duplin. I loved the entrance at the beginning of the game. I'd love to get some tips from them on how they do the fireworks.

That was an impressive win. East just lines up and runs it right at you. Congratulations to East Duplin. I loved the entrance at the beginning of the game. I'd love to get some tips from them on how they do the fireworks.
are you ND fan? i told you where i was standing but i never saw you. maybe next time!

Congrats ED...now go get that championship...I'm rooting for ya

Great season ND,sorry things had to end like they did,I really do honestly believe you guys will get at least one championship in the next 3 years,your coaches and players are just to good not to

Great facility down there! Impressive all the way around. Fun atmosphere. Couple of good in stand sideshows also. An idiot got removed by the sheriff after being super foul in the language department, a kid got stuck in the bleachers trying to get below to retrieve a cell phone, and I saw a woman in the front row eat no fewer than SIX chili dogs. Don’t you know that was one heckuva ride back to Welcome for that family!

Hats off to ED. I don’t know if there could have been an adjustment made that would have allowed us to stop your ground game. It’s serious business! Best of luck next week!

the whole team played well, and right there at the end Benson was running like a man possesed!!!
At the end? How about at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end. Heck, he's probably still running.

Hat's off to East Duplin. ND's D had nothing for that running game. I just had a feeling when ED got the stop in the 1st half (on what I thought was some questionable play calling) that it would be an uphill climb for us from there.

After seeing that we couldn't stop ED no matter where they got the ball, I would have onside kicked every chance I got. You gotta make something happen, and we weren't going to stop them whether they got it on the 20 or at midfield. In fact, the 80 yard drives just eat more clock.

What a great atmosphere there. The stands right next to the field, the people sitting right up against the end-zone with no fence, the fireworks. I wish it would have ended differently, especially for TJ and the other seniors, but I will be pulling for East Duplin to win it all next week.

Last edited:
Let me just say, that was one HELL of a game played by the Panther offensive line. Those boys worked hard all night and hardly ever get noticed. If any of you are reading this, my hat is off to you. Great job opening up holes for the backs.
The Panther offensive line played one heck of a ballgame.

Reactions: 96panther
An idiot got removed by the sheriff after being super foul in the language department, a kid got stuck in the bleachers trying to get below to retrieve a cell phone, and I saw a woman in the front row eat no fewer than SIX chili dogs.

I was sitting too far down towards the scoreboard end and missed all the fun.

That guy that got taken out has been foul in the language department several times this year. I'm not sure why he feels the need to yell out that sort of thing with women and kids around, but he probably didn't talk to the deputies that way.

I was sitting too far down towards the scoreboard end and missed all the fun.

That guy that got taken out has been foul in the language department several times this year. I'm not sure why he feels the need to yell out that sort of thing with women and kids around, but he probably didn't talk to the deputies that way.

The heck of it is that he has an pre teen son who was in attendance, who didn’t seem to be phased in the least by his behavior and consequence. I’m glad he at least decided to leave without any further foolishness.

Some final stats for East Duplin

Led by Chris Benson East Duplin ran for 456 yards. Had 506 All Purpose Yards and gained 30 first downs.

Reactions: 96panther
This is no disrespect to ND. I felt like we just couldn’t be stopped. And we didn’t really have to dig too far into the playbook. That end around hand off to Benson was money all night long. There was a series where we ran that same play 3...yes 3 STRAIGHT times and it wasn’t stopped.

Didn't get to go to the game; listened to it on the radio. From the sounds and what I read on here, I envisioned an absolutely outstanding ED offensive line. North's D is not bad, ED's offense MADE them look bad. We can say whatever we want about the turnovers but that's to ED's credit. We lost to a great team, it hurts but the only way to react is to work harder.

It hurts for the seniors but for the juniors and below it starts again on Monday. Next year is built in December and January, not June. We'll be fine, congrats to East, go win a title boys.

Something I forgot to mention last night; East Duplin's PA announcer is one the best I have ever heard. He's got the voice & the delivery and gives you all the information you need without talking too much.

Calling out the starters of both teams before the game was cool too.

Something I forgot to mention last night; East Duplin's PA announcer is one the best I have ever heard. He's got the voice & the delivery and gives you all the information you need without talking too much.

yeah he is a legend! this actually his last year. he is retiring. they just named the press box after him. Stuart Miller Pressbox. he is very classy too. matter of fact, he is so classy on most games you wouldnt even know he is an ED fan judging by his voice. last night was the firsrt time i have ever heard him say "move the chains" in my many years of playing for and attending ED games! he just never wants to appear too biased when announcing. my guess is he did it because he knew it was his last game announcing, and he wanted to do all he could to route our guys to victory! a class act indeed!

Reactions: thegoat357

It's just plain cool.playing in the ECC!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT