ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

WM2004..lol it would really hurt if indeed I had ties to MA. Tarboro was the better team. I didn't lose a bit of sleep my man. MA showed up and played..just like I thought they would. A 12-0 halftime score is a far cry from the outlandishness your fat mouth was spouting off. Now run and play and let Tarboro enjoy their C-Ship, without you biting at their ankles like a lil pup. Yall lost to them.. MA did as well. Great game Tarboro..now I'm finished rhetorting...Everyone including myself knew that MA had an uphill battle..Just didnt need a Bandwagoner like you spouting off about how good Tarboro was..when everyone has known it all along..without you chiming in about 'em

Tarboro was the better team tonight. But it wasnt the Tarboro t , it was that defense

That Tarboro T helped put up more points than any other team on Saturday and allowed the Vikings the largest margin of victory of any of the 8 championships. But that defense was NASTY. I have watched them all year and they continued to impress on Saturday.

How's the crow Blueballs? Just wondering. Did u add any seasoning? Luckily the weather kept it from being exactly what I said it would be although Tarboro still dominated. Hail Mary prayer did give MA 7 I'll give u that.

How's the crow Blueballs? Just wondering. Did u add any seasoning? Luckily the weather kept it from being exactly what I said it would be although Tarboro still dominated. Hail Mary prayer did give MA 7 I'll give u that.
Some are so green with envy ! ! Holder has made those passes all year long with most for TDs. Don't know about everyone else but I am off to the basketball board. Maybe some of you green with envy will get a taste of the BEARS next year ! ! Go BEARS
1f43b.png
And
1f3c0.png

Reactions: Bearfan71
I guess it taste the same as it did when yall got slaughtered by them. Youre the only jock rider that isnt even affiliated with Tarboro..that's still thinking that HIS team won. Damn you sound stupid..Get it thru your head dude. Tarboro is not YOUR TEAM. Tarboro annihilated West Montgomery just like they did Mt. Airy and everyone else in their way. Congrats..you went out on a limb, nutt hugger. Now if you will get off their jock for a sec..just a sec..please.

Were you jock riding Tarboro this hard before yall lost to them? If you were, I feel sorry for you calling yourself a West Montgomery fan..Aw i get it..you guys couldn't ever get it done either..so you jock ride teams that can.

Lol y'all still upset over that spanking from last year I see. I understand, and lord I hope we have that opportunity next year to play MA. We would have loved the opportunity this year but we didn't get it. The hate runs deep, get to recruiting fellas u will need it come next year. U started on me and that's when i turned up the heat. WM will be waiting on the runner ups next year!

Lol dude. No one is hatin on West. Lol, no one but you jock rider. Now go jock ride Tarboro and talk them up for next year. You sound silly talkin about your own team.LOL!!

Nah don't think I would hate on my team DUDE. Get over it man it's over. Y'all got spanked just like we did, on to next year. U sounded silly the whole week

That would take u alot of laughing..
Listen my man. Youre ignorant and a jock rider. Let it go. You show your yellow streak, by jumping on the #1 team in the state...and doing a lot of woofing like they paid you to do so...

Lol I'm done with y'all clowns. U call me jock rider simply because I said it wouldn't be a game.

Well to all us smack talkers it's on to next year. WM has one more season and as far as expectations it's still unknown. DaBluePrint, GDawg and Fridaynight it's been fun to say the least. GDawg u are a master at talking junk, no hurt feelings here I've had a good time stirring y'all up. I'm die hard Warrior and always will be. Hopefully next season will be as fun as this one. Hopefully y'all haven't took any of this personal. I've had a ball last couple weeks, but my wife doesn't like me on here all the time lol. Y'all have a Merry Christmas!!

Much love wm--2004 , always remember its just smack, never nothing personal, we all get on here and support a sport we love, kids that play the game , its what makes 1a football / small town ball so special. Wish the montgomery county football program luck as it moves forward. Its been another great season , win lose or draw and yes ole yes im eating crow :) , merry christmas to all and see you guys on the hardwoods,, maybe we can gang up on these charter school / prep school boys that cheat the system. Food for thought, millennium charter school is opening a new high school about 3 miles from the front door of mahs, i see there busses as far out as forsyth county on my morning commute. If we dont do something soon our communities , traditions, athletic programs will be lost. What a shame it is. Just a little food for thought

Don't forget to keep an eye out for Montgomery Central. Hopefully we can make some noise in 2AA or 3A. We'll continue to lose numbers to Uwharrie Charter but as of now thankfully they don't have a football program.
Good luck to West Montgumery next year, that is if and until they meet up with our BEARS then your season may end . Then you can start your smack again. I try to keep away as much as I can . Bad nerves and age don't help ,but I like reading everyone else smacking down on each other. LOL I just can;t hang like I used to.... I also hope everything gets back to normal for Montgumery County ...;)

Last edited:
Friday night lites I wouldn't be so quick to think MA would beat WM next year. The Warriors were rebuilding this past year under a new coach at that. MA has some good talent back but also loses a lot.

If Uwharrie Charter gets a football team look out. They could be something in small 1A. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Friday night lites I wouldn't be so quick to think MA would beat WM next year. The Warriors were rebuilding this past year under a new coach at that. MA has some good talent back but also loses a lot.
There was a key word there you must have missed..
Good luck to West Montgumery next year, that is if and until they meet up with our BEARS then your season (may) end .

I was disappointed in the MT Airy Crowd. I thought MT Airy would bring the entire Town to Raleigh to support their MT Airy Granite Bears. Didn't look like that many showed up.

I was disappointed in the MT Airy Crowd. I thought MT Airy would bring the entire Town to Raleigh to support their MT Airy Granite Bears. Didn't look like that many showed up.

I was also very surprised at the very sparse crowd for Mt Airy. Im guessing maybe the inclement weather played a role in travel.

Mount Airy has updated their stats in MaxPreps. The Bears only managed 40 yards rushing on 31 attempts (that's some NASTY run defense). Tarboro forced 3 interceptions, 1 blocked punt and big #80 swatted down 2 passes at the line of scrimmage. #80 is only a sophomore so we get to watch him continue to improve over the next 2 years.

All season I tried to figure out if Tarboro was really that good or if our non-conference and new conference competition was just really weak. I was hoping that the post season would challenge the Vikings and give us a better idea of where we stood. I had Edenton Holmes marked as the team to beat since they were ranked second in 1A all year. I was baffled by the 50-7 running clock result. Our defense just overwhelmed their triple option at the line. Mount Airy was definitely the toughest team we faced but the Vikings were just more than anyone could handle.

Congratulations Vikings! I think they will be the team to beat in 2018 as they return a lot of talent.

Reactions: sway1532
Mount Airy has updated their stats in MaxPreps. The Bears only managed 40 yards rushing on 31 attempts (that's some NASTY run defense). Tarboro forced 3 interceptions, 1 blocked punt and big #80 swatted down 2 passes at the line of scrimmage. #80 is only a sophomore so we get to watch him continue to improve over the next 2 years.

All season I tried to figure out if Tarboro was really that good or if our non-conference and new conference competition was just really weak. I was hoping that the post season would challenge the Vikings and give us a better idea of where we stood. I had Edenton Holmes marked as the team to beat since they were ranked second in 1A all year. I was baffled by the 50-7 running clock result. Our defense just overwhelmed their triple option at the line. Mount Airy was definitely the toughest team we faced but the Vikings were just more than anyone could handle.

Congratulations Vikings! I think they will be the team to beat in 2018 as they return a lot of talent.
Tarboro defence was the key to the game. With 6 min 38 sec to go 4th in the Qtr score was ..Tarboro ( 18 ).... Mount Airy ( 0 ).. Bears were worn down with Tarboro's roster of 57 and Mount Airy's roster of 38..
according to MaxPrep. Bears had to many going both ways so go on bragging,the BEARS have moved on ! ! ! Tarboro won and everyone has known it sense Saturday. Congrats again ! ! ! :cool: :confused:

Tarboro defence was the key to the game. With 6 min 38 sec to go 4th in the Qtr score was ..Tarboro ( 18 ).... Mount Airy ( 0 ).. Bears were worn down with Tarboro's roster of 57 and Mount Airy's roster of 38..
according to MaxPrep. Bears had to many going both ways so go on bragging,the BEARS have moved on ! ! ! Tarboro won and everyone has known it sense Saturday. Congrats again ! ! ! :cool: :confused:

Not intending to brag FNL. Just sharing some facts (stats) and an opinion. We may meet again next year. Best of luck to your Bears.

Let me say this in regards to the roster size of Mt. Airy. While it does help to have depth when you have players going both ways let’s rewind the clock and debunk the myth about needing a larger team. The 1984 Tarboro Vikings had to go play at Kannapolis Brown at Kannapolis brown for the 3A State championship before they started playing at college venues. Kannapolis was ranked in the country that year and came out onto the field with 100 or more players. The band had just as many. Tarboro entered the field looking like they didn’t have a chance with the small roster size they had and you know what happened Kannapolis Brown didn’t even get a first down that game and Tarboro was victorious over a much larger foe. So to say Mt Airys roster hurt them is debunked!

So stating one exception in a 30 year time frame is now the rule. I'm sure you can state a few more exceptions, but numbers matter. With all else being equal, give me numbers year in and year out.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Let me say this in regards to the roster size of Mt. Airy. While it does help to have depth when you have players going both ways let’s rewind the clock and debunk the myth about needing a larger team. The 1984 Tarboro Vikings had to go play at Kannapolis Brown at Kannapolis brown for the 3A State championship before they started playing at college venues. Kannapolis was ranked in the country that year and came out onto the field with 100 or more players. The band had just as many. Tarboro entered the field looking like they didn’t have a chance with the small roster size they had and you know what happened Kannapolis Brown didn’t even get a first down that game and Tarboro was victorious over a much larger foe. So to say Mt Airys roster hurt them is debunked!
What was both teams win lose record going into into that 1984 game.Also how many players did Tarboro field . What % was Kannapolis JVs that had not played varsity that year, same for Tarboro. Post website source for this Infro please ...Was Tarboro 3A and how many players did the have on the field that night and how pany players did each team have going both ways ? I am sure Tarboro had far less with 58 players going both ways Saturday then Mount Airy with 37 had both ways. Bears QB even webt both ways and even hurt and kept play late in the 4the Qtr.Others may have questions on your post. I am sure they're is more I missed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT