ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

Great analysis nole , i agree. The most overwhelming thing to me today was the number of players tarboro dressed out. Wore the line down for the bears, 2 coming up gimpy in 4th hurt on defense. Tarboro d was down right nasty !!! Bears will be back next year , loaded at skill positions .
MaxPrep showed them with 58 players when I looked Thursday

Last edited:
Get your story right before u post. 3rd round. And y'all were giving me a hard time because I said it wouldn't be close. MA qb throws up a ball in double coverage and dude comes down with it. Good play on reciever, not good throw. And u seem to have to bring WM in to it but that's not why y'all are eating crow, so why not stick to the topic. Oh that's right it's because I was right. Y'all are a special group.
Sorry I was not allowing for Tarboro not having to play first round. My bad I was looking at Tarboro's schedule and this is WM's schedule ... I do admit when I am wrong.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-montgomery-warriors-(mt-gilead,nc)/football/schedule.htm

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
Albemarle went to sleep and west can't get there

Your right, The current Albemarle can’t hold a Candle to you guys...but we got 5 1AA state ships. And I don’t know why you keep mentioning WM, I don’t represent them lol

West will get there, may not be WM but I feel very confident in Montgomery Central.

Crow hmph, 32 -7 -- lets see -- two scores given up on special teams, two at end of game. Tarboro is as good as advertised, congrats vikes and vikes fans. Esod , mt airy will own your team and coach again next year, i wouldnt call you out , but not cool when you pull against the conference . Wm --- you are still a joke, lmao at the thought of your post . Ma returns all skill players and alot more , expect the bears back. Will be real good again, great defensive game both teams.
My airy will not own Tarboro give it a rest! Holder and Greene will be gone sorry your dreaming Tarboro is reloading like you wouldn’t believe

Reactions: sway1532
My. Airy is a solid team. Tarboro’s defense was a beast. 15-0. State Champions!
My 1st post in a while. Watched the game. 2 best 1AA teams played for title tonight! The way it should be. Mt Airys def. front was better than I thought!!! Tarboro’s depth, overall size and team overall speed made the difference. When fans use spec. Teams and turnovers as excuses... part of the game. Congrats to the best 1AA team... Tarboro and the 2nd best. Team the Bears!!

Nobody said Mt Airy would own Tarboro , holder is gone , rest of skill players return. Possible matchup again next year. Whos my airy? Lol. Game was closer than final score - 14 pts scored last 5 minute of game and 2 of those came off of special team botchs . Say what you want , i seen a heck of a defensive ball game till last 5 minutes, no excuses , Tarboro was the better team tonight. But it wasnt the Tarboro t , it was that defense , thats the game i saw

Nobody said Mt Airy would own Tarboro , holder is gone , rest of skill players return. Possible matchup again next year. Whos my airy? Lol. Game was closer than final score - 14 pts scored last 5 minute of game and 2 of those came off of special team botchs . Say what you want , i seen a heck of a defensive ball game till last 5 minutes, no excuses , Tarboro was the better team tonight.
Anybody who watched that game knows it was never close. Tarboro was in complete control the whole time.

And since you’re downgrading the touchdowns Tarboro scored, I’ll just point out that the only TD y’all scored was a desperation pass that #21 made a great play on. Other than that, MA didn’t stiff the end zone.

Last edited:
Nobody said Mt Airy would own Tarboro , holder is gone , rest of skill players return. Possible matchup again next year. Whos my airy? Lol. Game was closer than final score - 14 pts scored last 5 minute of game and 2 of those came off of special team botchs . Say what you want , i seen a heck of a defensive ball game till last 5 minutes, no excuses , Tarboro was the better team tonight. But it wasnt the Tarboro t , it was that defense , thats the game i saw
And for the record, The Tarboro T is meant to wear defenses down throughout the course of a game, and that’s exactly what it did tonight.

SWAY I believe you are a Albemarle why are you worried about mt airy seems like wasted time for long you are going to be playing Reidsville or Shelby send me a line and let me know how that goes OH almost forgot RAMS eliminated east this year

Go to bed my God

Reactions: ESOD
Lol, go to bed , lol. Esod still trying to stay relavate i see. The Bears were as advertised , the best team Tarboro seen this year. Say what you want to say. Esod , i hear thru the grapevine some of those cardinals are headed to mt airy next year. Pretty solid rumor. Congrats again to the vikes ,the players and parents on a great season , to all the tree huggers , jock riders you get a cookie

Reactions: Bearfan71
All ways jk, have to sweat yhea a little while i enjoy this bowl of crow

MOUNT AIRY

Give a man a break, my fingers were frozen. lol
That happens when we are typing for in my case 5 + hours this afternoon posting scores for both 1A & 1AA games. I made several mistakes and caught them and went back and changed them . LOL Most of us been posting sense before noon today,

Lol, go to bed , lol. Esod still trying to stay relavate i see. The Bears were as advertised , the best team Tarboro seen this year. Say what you want to say. Esod , i hear thru the grapevine some of those cardinals are headed to mt airy next year. Pretty solid rumor. Congrats again to the vikes ,the players and parents on a great season , to all the tree huggers , jock riders you get a cookie
If those players want to get past the 2nd or 3rd round they need to come to Mount Airy.;):rolleyes:

Objectively, heres the story:

Mt Airy played Tarboro closer than anyone all year.

Special team, fumbles, etc., are part of determining how good you are. Not fumbling is a skill. Special teams are a huge part of the game.

Mt Airy should be very proud.

Tarboro was still dominant. I think they actually win bigger most of the time. As much credit as their offense gets, their defense is unreal.

A truly special team.

Albemarle is TA McClendon's senior year- and i know they lost a game- in my opinion win >50% of the time against any 1A team ive ever seen. And their defense was subpar compared to their offense. But stopping them was impossble Just my opinion.

Wow sway! You never disappoint! 2005 AND 2006 Thomasville would have whacked any team the blue dogs have ever fielded. Those teams were loaded! They had no weaknesses. The 2006 Thomasville team returned virtually everyone from the 2005 team, and they opened the season against defending 2a champ Clinton (who also returned nearly everyone), and won 36-0. The 05 and 06 Thomasville teams didn’t lose a single game.

Murphy leads Albemarle 3-1, it if you want to bring your early 2000s team into the conversation, then I get to bring Murphy’s 86, 87, 91, and 92 teams to the conversation also. I would put my money on any of those Murphy teams agaisnt any Albemarle team you offer up!

As for the MA Tarboro game, MA was never going to win, but the score was nowhere near what people such as yourself were thinking and hoping it would be. The truth is, both MA and Murphy were much better than people thought and both were much closer to Tarboro than anyone expected. Tarboro will have their hands full with both in the coming years whether you like it or not.
Looking forward to it

Lol..no excuses. Jock Rider WM2004 is an honorary Viking..West Montgomery should be proud of you. Now run along and tailgate. Tarboro is very good. So was Mt.Airy. Tarboro d was very good. They made some special plays at point blank range. From batting balls down, to interceptions within yards of the initial throw. They always seemed to be so Johnny on the spot. But for real WM2004 you seem Thirsty with a capital T. Rock with your Warriors and stop being a nut hugger!!

Wow sway! You never disappoint! 2005 AND 2006 Thomasville would have whacked any team the blue dogs have ever fielded. Those teams were loaded! They had no weaknesses. The 2006 Thomasville team returned virtually everyone from the 2005 team, and they opened the season against defending 2a champ Clinton (who also returned nearly everyone), and won 36-0. The 05 and 06 Thomasville teams didn’t lose a single game.

Murphy leads Albemarle 3-1, but if you want to bring your early 2000s team into the conversation, then I get to bring Murphy’s 86, 87, 91, and 92 teams to the conversation also. I would put my money on any of those Murphy teams against any Albemarle team you offer up!

As for the MA Tarboro game, MA was never going to win, but the score was nowhere near what people such as yourself were thinking and hoping it would be. The truth is, both MA and Murphy were much better than people thought and both were much closer to Tarboro than anyone expected. Tarboro will have their hands full with both in the coming years whether you like it or not.

There’s certainly some good moonshine in the mountains. I only brought up past teams because you did lol...you Murphy fans are tools...

Murphy and MA was exactly who we thought the were.

Reactions: dogs79
SWAY I believe you are a Albemarle why are you worried about mt airy seems like wasted time for long you are going to be playing Reidsville or Shelby send me a line and let me know how that goes OH almost forgot RAMS eliminated east this year

I have nothing against MA, it’s the small minded “Western Region” fans that did this lol..

Gdawg lol just cause I don't put on a bear t-shirt and jump on the bandwagon like you do doesn't mean I have a problem bud. I've never liked Mt Airy from my time in school till today. I don't care if they are in our conference or whatever other reason you or the other experts on here have for cuddling up to em. I don't like Duke either. I guess when my Tarheels aren't playing I should pull for them? East Surry/Mt Airy and Carolina/Duke is on the same level of rivalry in my book.
Name some names of kids moving. I know of one that probably will go somewhere. Hate to see him go but when your parent acts a fool at every game, shows up at practice and second guesses everything the coaches ever do, I guess it's time for him to go somewhere else. Maybe Coach Holder will be happy to welcome an expert former little league coach and his kid into the bear family. From what I know about Kelly he'll listen to him just about as much as Coach Diamont did. The kid is a great kid and a heck of a player but if you are not happy with where you are move on.

Go Big Red!!

Gdawg lol just cause I don't put on a bear t-shirt and jump on the bandwagon like you do doesn't mean I have a problem bud. I've never liked Mt Airy from my time in school till today. I don't care if they are in our conference or whatever other reason you or the other experts on here have for cuddling up to em. I don't like Duke either. I guess when my Tarheels aren't playing I should pull for them? East Surry/Mt Airy and Carolina/Duke is on the same level of rivalry in my book.
Name some names of kids moving. I know of one that probably will go somewhere. Hate to see him go but when your parent acts a fool at every game, shows up at practice and second guesses everything the coaches ever do, I guess it's time for him to go somewhere else. Maybe Coach Holder will be happy to welcome an expert former little league coach and his kid into the bear family. From what I know about Kelly he'll listen to him just about as much as Coach Diamont did. The kid is a great kid and a heck of a player but if you are not happy with where you are move on.

Go Big Red!!
LOL ESOD I know you had some good in you ! ! I am a Carolina Fan also. But we part was on not supporting your conference in the playoffs ......:eek::) I do hav a question,did you east Surry team beat Mount Airy while you were in high school. Trying to figure out you hate for the BEARS ?

My dislike for the Bear's comes from the loud mouth fans that I worked with for 20 plus years. I never liked em when I was in school either. We farmed and I probably didn't go to two or three games the whole time I was in school. Started going regularly around '97. Constant gum and chest beating about anything and everything MA related turned me totally against da bears. Don't waste ya time trying to figure me out FNL lol.

My dislike for the Bear's comes from the loud mouth fans that I worked with for 20 plus years. I never liked em when I was in school either. We farmed and I probably didn't go to two or three games the whole time I was in school. Started going regularly around '97. Constant gum and chest beating about anything and everything MA related turned me totally against da bears. Don't waste ya time trying to figure me out FNL lol.
ESOD, you’re like me, we like MA as much as a Elkin or East Surry fan can like them.....lol

To be continued ---- esod ---- deff not a bandwagon fan , got a kid that goes to east surry , and one kid i follow on east is like a second yougin of mine. The only thing east has won titles in in recent years is wrestling and girls tennis , those were indiviual, and i had to coach my kid to one of those titles. Her name doesnt even hang from the rafters of your gym. ( what disrespect from an athletics program ) She was DOMINANT in her years there, and will go down as one of the best our area and region has ever seen. Ive coached in a state championship , and won . I got just a little experience , wink wink. Grew up in the granite city and a bear. Will have another cardinal i will be working with on the mat win a state title this year to. You cant judge fans when you are in the stands acting the exact same way ( murphy ) how embarrassing!! I never yell or say one word. I post my opinion -- talk smack here as it is fun. As an athletics program the bears set the bar year in and year out. People dont like them because winning is an expectation. Coaches are taken care of and the kids to. Theres a tradition of winning there , it stings a little when you loose. Talent is there, but from watching jv / middle school scores every year it says alot about what your coaches at the next level are doing with there kids. All i ever say is year in and year out the cardinals are the class of little league, the class of middle school and the class of jv , then fizzle out at the varsity level. Thats my opinion. Thats how it is , awful lotta talant in cardinal country to not be playing for a title. One of your kids will be at carroll county next year ( moving ) . Two more will be in the granite city for basketball ( i imagine thats why anyway ) but are ballers onthe football field as well. Again as i said RUMOR HAS IT!!!

DaBlueballs I can't help u were wrong and are butt hurt. No need to take it out on this WM fan. All I simply was saying happened. Why try and claim I'm a Tarboro fan?? Oh cause your a big douche that has been up all night eating crow. Clean them teeth fat boy. 31-21

Murphy scored 35 on MA at their place, so Bulldogs fans are technically saying they won a state championship this year.;)

Murphy leads Albemarle 3-1, but if you want to bring your early 2000s team into the conversation, then I get to bring Murphy’s 86, 87, 91, and 92 teams to the conversation also. I would put my money on any of those Murphy teams against any Albemarle team you offer up!

Actually Tarboro was favored by 12 and won by much more! thanks again

Reactions: sway1532
Anybody who watched that game knows it was never close. Tarboro was in complete control the whole time.

And since you’re downgrading the touchdowns Tarboro scored, I’ll just point out that the only TD y’all scored was a desperation pass that #21 made a great play on. Other than that, MA didn’t stiff the end zone.

I wanted to watch this game before I made any posts about it. Just finished watching on the DVR and I will agree with TarVikes on his post. Tarboro flat out dominated that game from the very beginning. Anyone who watched that game and doesn't see that is just a hater, plain and simple. That defense was nasty and that Tarboro T running game is extremely tough to stop. Really great sportsmanship on both sides, especially from the MA players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT