ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

Tarboro's defense has been stout all year to any team they played. Mt. Airy's Defense has surprised me though

Crow hmph, 32 -7 -- lets see -- two scores given up on special teams, two at end of game. Tarboro is as good as advertised, congrats vikes and vikes fans. Esod , mt airy will own your team and coach again next year, i wouldnt call you out , but not cool when you pull against the conference . Wm --- you are still a joke, lmao at the thought of your post . Ma returns all skill players and alot more , expect the bears back. Will be real good again, great defensive game both teams.

I have a confession to make. After more research and reflection on the game this Saturday in Carter-Finley I have had somewhat of a change of heart on my prediction. I had predicted a score of 56-14 in favor of Tarboro. However, I do not think this is correct anymore. Mt. Airy has some talent from what I can tell. Tarboro has talent as well, but I was not giving Mt. Airy or Tarboro their due diligence. Mt. Airy beat a TOUGH Murphy team in a close game. Mt. Airy has a QB who can pass, and Tarboro has not seen a passing attack of this caliber. Tarboro has some defensive studs, and they might be able to handle it. With all that being said I would like to change my prediction. My new prediction:
Tarboro 63
Mt. Airy 7
You missed it by 31 points

My. Airy is a solid team. Tarboro’s defense was a beast. 15-0. State Champions!

Reactions: ESOD
Friday night, Gpaw and DaBlueballs get to eating. No time to type. Chomp, chomp. Give me some more excuses, we all want to hear em.

Reactions: SW1985
I am thinking it was 1962 East Surry won the State Championship and their last trip to the state championship 55 years ago.

Lol is that all ya got? 0-11 every year is still better than being a bear. We'll be ready next year. Already counting down the days.

Merry Christmas y'all. Congrats to all the champs!

Get your story right before u post. 3rd round. And y'all were giving me a hard time because I said it wouldn't be close. MA qb throws up a ball in double coverage and dude comes down with it. Good play on reciever, not good throw. And u seem to have to bring WM in to it but that's not why y'all are eating crow, so why not stick to the topic. Oh that's right it's because I was right. Y'all are a special group.

Lol is that all ya got? 0-11 every year is still better than being a bear. We'll be ready next year. Already counting down the days.

Merry Christmas y'all. Congrats to all the champs!
Sorry ESOD but I hate to see someone in our conference pull for the other team. I would never do that. If I hated a team I would not have covered the scores for all 3 local conferences untill the last team lost. I pull for Mount Airy first the any team left in these conferences NWC/WPAC/MVAC .

Reactions: Bearfan71 and ESOD
Warriors would have had same result if they would have went west, result being sitting at home watch two heavyweights duke it out for the title annnnnnd still no titles---- our girls tennis coach could have won a title with capel. Lmao

Get your story right before u post. 3rd round. And y'all were giving me a hard time because I said it wouldn't be close. MA qb throws up a ball in double coverage and dude comes down with it. Good play on reciever, not good throw. And u seem to have to bring WM in to it but that's not why y'all are eating crow, so why not stick to the topic. Oh that's right it's because I was right. Y'all are a special group.
I am seeing 2nd round Click read and weep
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/tarboro-vikings-(tarboro,nc)/football/schedule.htm

Last edited:
Well well well, it’s tough being so right so often. Sure the score wasn’t as outrageous as I predicted, but Tarboro absolutely dominated this game. Mt. Airy barely even crossed half field. The only time they got to the end zone was a Hail Mary desperation. Other than that they didn’t sniff the end zone. Tarboro dominated in every phase as the game wore on. Minus the shaky offensive start this game would’ve be a lot more lopsided. TARBORO STATE CHAMPS in a dominant way.

I think MA did an outstanding job keeping the score as close as they did. They were outmatched in every area except the kicking game

Congrats to Tarboro! As for MA, excellent effort! You were in the game until late in the 4th even though many said the bears would get ran out of the stadium by the end of the 1st quarter. So way to hang in there. I gotta say, the Tarboro hype was a bit overblown. The Vikings are a great team but nowhere near as good as a bunch of posters made them out to be. I will say that they had one of the best defenses I’ve ever seen for a 1aa high school team though. The offense is good enough but is one dimensional, just like I suspected. I still say the 2005 Thomasville team is the best 1aa team I have ever seen, and it’s not close.
Tarboro has 5 state titles with that offense so it seems to be doing just fine. Trust me.

Congrats to Tarboro! As for MA, excellent effort! You were in the game until late in the 4th....

I still say the 2005 Thomasville team is the best 1aa team I have ever seen, and it’s not close.

1. MA was never in the game...
2. Albemarle Bulldogs 2001 team or even 2002 would’ve mopped 2005 Thomasville, T-Ville got y’all good that year also. I’m telling you, you mountain guys could have not played with us back then. As good as Taboro is, that’s what your looking at back then, but we executed better. Taboro should’ve dropped at least 50 on MA...

Congrats to Taboro from an Albemarle fan. You guys shut a lot for people up and that makes me happy. I hope you guys continue to represent the East until hopefully one day we meet when Albemarle gets back on their feet.

Reactions: TarVikes
West Region fans in here salty...I hope Taboro win the next 10 if they can...

Signed: Albemarle Fan

Reactions: TarVikes
Great analysis nole , i agree. The most overwhelming thing to me today was the number of players tarboro dressed out. Wore the line down for the bears, 2 coming up gimpy in 4th hurt on defense. Tarboro d was down right nasty !!! Bears will be back next year , loaded at skill positions .

The only ones I know who has 5 or more 1-AA state championships are:

1.Albemarle
2. T-Ville

Taboro gon make that list soon enough lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT