ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

U got to understand, these guys think they are the ones that can break the code against Tarboro. They have big egos. I mean u can't tell them anything trigger, but no need to let it just happen Saturday. Just come back and quote them after the game lol, be like crickets on the forums.

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
Tarboro beat East Duplin on their home field 2 years in a row in 2010 and 2011.
I haven't seen ED this year, but I believe if the teams played it would be a one score game. Hard to pick a winner.

Maybe someone from WRH has a better answer. They saw Tarboro last year, and ED this year. Tarboro has basically the same team from last year, they're just older and a little better.

IMO, I think ED would win against Tarboro by a td. Tarboro's strength is running the ball and ED's strength is against the run. I know Tarboro has a great defense but I think the big oline that ED has would eventually wear them down.

IMO, I think ED would win against Tarboro by a td. Tarboro's strength is running the ball and ED's strength is against the run. I know Tarboro has a great defense but I think the big oline that ED has would eventually wear them down.

Unfortunately, we will never know.

I keep reading yall's messages and I need to understand something. Tarboro just beat the second best team in the East 50-7 and it could have been worse. Do you really think the West is THAT much better than Holmes? Mt. Airy gave up 35 points. Tarboro has given 56 in the ENTIRE YEAR. I understand where you are coming from, and it is just hope. You hope Tarboro does not blow Mt. Airy out, you hope it is a close game, you hope there is some inkling of hope. In reality, there is no hope. Everyone knows it. Tarboro is far and above the superior team in 1 AA. When is the last time someone had a running clock and completely dismantled a good team in the Final Four. Its time to face reality and come to terms with the fact that Tarboro is going to win and its not going to be close.

WM..were you jock riding Tarboro this much before West Montgomery got blazed by them? Or were you a West Montgomery fan?. You seem like a bandwagon Tarboro fan now. Hey, if you can't beat, then join em right?

Blueballs why don't u get off my jock, I mean u just keep following me. Why? Triggered just told u what I've been saying. We played Tarboro we know exactly what they have. Why can't u talk about that and get off my jock. U just can't let it go, I mean I hope Mt. Airy wins but I'm realistic. Just because I said Tarboro will smack y'all around doesn't mean I'm on the bandwagon. Make sure u take your Kleenex Saturday please.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
What's realistic is that you're spouting off because y Tarboro played a perfect game and beat you guys. I know Tarboro is good especially when they get this far. MA will lace them up and just may do some thangs. Def not jock ridin you as hard as you are for a team that's not even remotely close to Mt.Gilead. I didn't go to Mt.Airy. If they lose, it's no skin off my back either way. All 3 teams have/had great programs. Im including West Montgomery..since you seem to have forgotten that's who you support. If Tarboro wins Saturday..they may let you be an honorary member. Lol. Im just jokin my man. My EW Cards went out in rd 2. Good luck to both teams. It will be an uphill climb for Mt.Airy. Everyone had already spoke of the Murphy/Tarboro match up. How that work out for Murphy?

It's ok to be a WM hater lol. I bleed red and black and always will. I've said previously I'm pulling for Mt. Airy so let's make that clear, but these folks making it seem to be a close game are sadly mistaken. West thought we could play with Tarboro from looking at film but film is deceiving. Tarboro is just one of those teams this year. And seeing people say Tarboro ain't athletic, LMAO!!! That FB is nasty.

Murphy's offense was somewhat relentless. You couldn't ever seem to get them off the field. It was a style match up for the century. More so than i thought it would be. That qb could def sling it. If you happen to fall behind on them, it would be tough to get back in it. MA's defense forced enough turnovers and put points on the board as well.

I took a long break from posting on these forums because I got tired of all the posing and preening. There are several Tarboro folks that come here with respect and I am more than happy to shut my mouth and let them represent my viewpoint because they usually have thoughtful things to say. The rest of the mess you see does nothing for me. Coach Craddock is one of the best coaches in this state but you will not find a more approachable, humble guy in the business. Those Viking players put it all out there every game. They play for him, for each other and for everyone back home. What those young men do on the field speaks a lot more loudly than anything you can tell me here. I am excited as I can be to see those guys back on the field in a state championship game again.

I know the folks from Mount Airy feel the same about their team. The Bears family lost a good one last year when Coach Price passed away. I'm sure he has the best seat in the house when Coach Holder and the Granite Bears take the field and will be cheering hard this Saturday. The last time Mount Airy played in Carter-Finley Stadium, they went in undefeated and they beat Williamston like a drum. I was at that game and I remember how much I liked the spirit of Mount Airy and their fans.

I just want both teams to play their best and leave it out on the field. I have seen the Vikings, so I know what their best looks like. As long as we come out at least one point better, I will be thrilled. If Mount Airy has the silver bullet, I will come back here and congratulate them on their undefeated season. Otherwise, I'm going back into hibernation from the forum. God bless!

juat dont get that yall saying MA sucks bc they let murphy put up 35.......Murphy offense pretty.good. And all u Tarboro guys crowning yall already......have u even seen film on MA!!!! Trust me we know Vikings are dang good. It will take all we have to win....let the kids play the game. And as for a comment on how bad yall beat 2nd best team in East........just how good was the East this year?????

Well said nole , anytime you beat a murphy team , exspecially one as good as this one was it aint no small potatoes , heck when ypu are able to get a win in one of you guys off years its impressive. Says alot about what you boys do out that way

juat dont get that yall saying MA sucks bc they let murphy put up 35.......Murphy offense pretty.good. And all u Tarboro guys crowning yall already......have u even seen film on MA!!!! Trust me we know Vikings are dang good. It will take all we have to win....let the kids play the game. And as for a comment on how bad yall beat 2nd best team in East........just how good was the East this year?????[/QU
juat dont get that yall saying MA sucks bc they let murphy put up 35.......Murphy offense pretty.good. And all u Tarboro guys crowning yall already......have u even seen film on MA!!!! Trust me we know Vikings are dang good. It will take all we have to win....let the kids play the game. And as for a comment on how bad yall beat 2nd best team in East........just how good was the East this year?????
It does not even matter if the West is better than the East. Tarboro is the most dominant team this year by far. Only given up 56 points while scoring over 700. Just won the Final Four 50-7. Mt. Airy and the West are not THAT much better than the East. Mt. Airy will see the same fate every other team that has played Tarboro has seen. A beat down. Plain and simple. Tarboro will ware the Bears out and it will not be close after the first quarter. Most boring state title game ever coming up on Saturday.

I have a confession to make. After more research and reflection on the game this Saturday in Carter-Finley I have had somewhat of a change of heart on my prediction. I had predicted a score of 56-14 in favor of Tarboro. However, I do not think this is correct anymore. Mt. Airy has some talent from what I can tell. Tarboro has talent as well, but I was not giving Mt. Airy or Tarboro their due diligence. Mt. Airy beat a TOUGH Murphy team in a close game. Mt. Airy has a QB who can pass, and Tarboro has not seen a passing attack of this caliber. Tarboro has some defensive studs, and they might be able to handle it. With all that being said I would like to change my prediction. My new prediction:
Tarboro 63
Mt. Airy 7

Reactions: WM_2004
I have a confession to make. After more research and reflection on the game this Saturday in Carter-Finley I have had somewhat of a change of heart on my prediction. I had predicted a score of 56-14 in favor of Tarboro. However, I do not think this is correct anymore. Mt. Airy has some talent from what I can tell. Tarboro has talent as well, but I was not giving Mt. Airy or Tarboro their due diligence. Mt. Airy beat a TOUGH Murphy team in a close game. Mt. Airy has a QB who can pass, and Tarboro has not seen a passing attack of this caliber. Tarboro has some defensive studs, and they might be able to handle it. With all that being said I would like to change my prediction. My new prediction:
Tarboro 63
Mt. Airy 7
Seriously. This game will be closer than that. Mt Airy is better than that

Like I said on the other thread “triggeredviking” is probably a Southwest Edgecombe fan attempting to turn people against Tarboro.

Everybody in Tarboro knows this is going to be an all-out battle.

Reactions: buzzcoach
The guy/girl that runs water on the field and gives it to football players because they are thirsty.

U jock riding me Grandpa. 56-7. I'll see ya on here Saturday night, don't forget to take your blood pressure meds. And put ya teeth in while u at it

Someone give me a good argument as to why Tarboro is not going to win by 5 touchdowns or more. All I keep hearing is "you are wrong" "Bears have heart". Well I got news for you, heart cant tackle, heart cant catch that Tarboro speed, heart cant get first downs, all of that takes talent.
Tarboro 63
"Heart" 7

Reactions: sway1532
Some 1 post a link to where I can see tarboro please!!
Spectrum (TWC) channels 325 & 326 are special event channels but I can't remember if one of those are the ones that it will be on. Seems like it was one of those last year. Radio @ WPAQ 740 = http://v6.player.abacast.net/465 . I have not seen it posted yet that they will be there but they have covered all the Mount Airy games this year..

Unless I heard it wrong, I thought they said in the press conference yesterday that the games will be televised in every local market?

Is that true or was I just hearing things?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT