ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

If Tarboro doesn't win this game, it will be the biggest bust in nc high school football history.
Then you are admiting now before Friday night if Tarboro didn't beat Murphy it would have been the biggest bust in nc high school football history ?

Two different confrences two different regions Mt Airy is athletic. Don't know alot about Tarboro i know one thing they are both undeaftedLet'get it on.

Anyone that knows Tarboro knows that they aren’t athletic ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

I don't know why anyone would make that statement. Mount AIry is a good football team and so is Tarboro. I have friends on both staffs.

Mount Airy cannot have turnovers and will need to "eat up clock" to keep that Tarboro offense off the field. The Bears will also need to try to cause some turnovers. Special teams could be huge and Brown is definitely a weapon.

Tarboro has run the same offense for ever. There is no secret what the Vikings are going to do. They are going to run the ball and defenses know it coming, but can the Bears stop it.

Lack of size and so many going both ways is where Mount Airy is in trouble imo. Bears needs to get turnovers, and stack the box, uses some slants and blitzes to blow some things up and get Tarboro into passing situations if it’s possible.

It looks like Tarboro will have a size and depth advantage on both lines. That does not bode well for Mt. Airy. I am curious to see how Tarboro will defend against the pass. Could Mt. Airy be the first team to exceed 14 points against the Vikes this year? I do like our chances against Mt. Airy’s run defense since they gave up 35 to Murphy.

After what I personally witnessed Friday night I do not care what Mt. Airy brings to Carter Finley Saturday. Tarboro is unreal.

Tarboro 56
Mt. Airy 14
Mt. Airy scores a TD in the 4th with the backups in and a running clock

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
Lmbo and yawning at same time reading this thread
What could you possibly be laughing at? Have you seen Tarboro? No one is going to touch them. Guess what you are laughing at is how bad Mt. Airy is going to smacked Saturday in Carter Finley.

Two different confrences two different regions Mt Airy is athletic. Don't know alot about Tarboro i know one thing they are both undeaftedLet'get it on.

Anyone that knows Tarboro knows that they aren’t athletic ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
Tarboro isn't athletic? Wow. Witnessed a 6-3 250 DE knock down a Holmes pitch then run it back for a TD. Guess that isn't athleticism.

Having coach Holder is a big plus for Mt Airy. His play calling is as good as you'll see. It's going to take a good game to beat Tarboro though

Reactions: gdawg74
Coach Craddock is 131-18 in the last 10 years as the head coach. We got a pretty good coach on our sidleline as well.

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
Something we can never know , but I wish some analytics /computer guru could run the simulations and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tarboro wouldn’t beat a team of Mt.Airy and Murphy combined , Tarboro just a different level this year .

I'm just going to say this:

I talked to a couple Tarboro players today and they said Mt. Airy is the real deal. They also said that the QB is a really great talent.

I think people need to quit with the blowout predictions, and prepare for a great game.

Calpreps has this game predicted Tarboro 38 Mount Airy 22.

Reactions: gdawg74
Tarboro has speed
Hey everyone,Tarboro is invincible ! ! ! ! Murphy,Swain, East Surry & North Surry Mount Airy needs to recruit your best players to have chance of scoring ...... The 800lb gorillas are pounding their chest.They keep saying we have no chance of scoring over 7 to 14 points and some say Mt.Airy want score.......I hope the Bear Football team don't get wind of this ,they may be scared to go.:eek::confused::confused::eek::confused:o_O Even got my nerves all torn up thinking about it ...

Last edited:
Hey everyone,Tarboro is invincible ! ! ! ! Murphy,Swain, East Surry & North Surry Mount Airy needs to recruit your best players to have chance of scoring ...... The 800lb gorillas are pounding their chest.They keep saying we have no chance of scoring over 7 to 14 points and some say Mt.Airy want score.......I hope the Bear Football team don't get wind of this ,they may be scared to go.:eek::confused::confused::eek::confused:o_O Even got my nerves all torn up thinking about it ...
I know you are joking, but everything you said is true. Might as well not even show up

Something we can never know , but I wish some analytics /computer guru could run the simulations and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tarboro wouldn’t beat a team of Mt.Airy and Murphy combined , Tarboro just a different level this year .
Probably beat the tarheel cheats

Tarboro Patriots vs Mt Airy Browns. Does this sound about right for all the Tarboro fans? In all my years of following high school football, I dont think ive ever seen a team (Mt Airy) totally disregarded on multiple forums, with an upcoming championship game looming. Yes, Tarboro may be a great team and may win by 40, but how about just a little respect for the Bears? Mt Airy is a very good team and im sure they will do their best to make a game of it.

Tarboro Patriots vs Mt Airy Browns. Does this sound about right for all the Tarboro fans? In all my years of following high school football, I dont think ive ever seen a team (Mt Airy) totally disregarded on multiple forums, with an upcoming championship game looming. Yes, Tarboro may be a great team and may win by 40, but how about just a little respect for the Bears? Mt Airy is a very good team and im sure they will do their best to make a game of it.
This will not be a game. If I am wrong then feel free to come at me. However, what I witnessed on Friday night proves to me that Tarboro is untouchable in 1 AA football. I stand by my 56-14 prediction.

I have given the bears respect numerous times. Sorry for some rabid Tarboro posters.

How would Tarboro matchup against East Dublin for you guys from the East in the know.
Tarboro beat East Duplin on their home field 2 years in a row in 2010 and 2011.
I haven't seen ED this year, but I believe if the teams played it would be a one score game. Hard to pick a winner.

Maybe someone from WRH has a better answer. They saw Tarboro last year, and ED this year. Tarboro has basically the same team from last year, they're just older and a little better.

MHS - please don’t assume all Viking fans are disregarding what Mt. Airy has achieved. Any reasonable fan knows the game will be played next Saturday and both teams will show up and compete. I personally think Tarboro will be carefully preparing for the Bears offense. Actions speak louder than words so I too have little patience for fans making over the top claims. Even if those claims turn out to be true, Tarboro should act like they have been there before - because they have. They know what it is like to win 3 straight championships and they know what it is like to lose 2 in 5 years. I simply try to filter out the hyperbole and focus on the few comments that are useful. This Tarboro fan is looking forward to watching the Vikings match up with da Bears.

Reactions: TarVikes
Just curious, how did MA manage to get a video board at their stadium. Was it donated or does the school just have that much money? Regardless, it's pretty impressive.

Reactions: TriggeredViking1
school had talked about it last season and with a lot of good people’s blessings, rolled with it....it’s been a big plus for soccer and football & will also use it for track...has made the school some extra $$$$ also with the sponsor ads....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT