ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

Tarboro. Unless somehow Mount Airy can load the box and stop the run, which no one has. Mount airy just isn’t that big up front, and they have a lot going both ways. Tarboro will wear them down and cruise imo

Reactions: Cdoc73
One thing that stood out to me was MA giving up 35 points last night. Typically the teams that beat Tarboro are ones with great defenses, because you're not going to put up a massive amount of points against them.

To win, MA will have to keep Tarboro under 20

One thing that stood out to me was MA giving up 35 points last night. Typically the teams that beat Tarboro are ones with great defenses, because you're not going to put up a massive amount of points against them.

To win, MA will have to keep Tarboro under 20
Typically teams that beat Tarboro are named Wallace-Rose Hill and that's about it. If you want to beat Tarboro, do what the Dogs have done...and this year I am not sure even that would do it.

I’m not from Montgomery County. And tell me what i said that doesn’t appear to be true. Mount Airy isn’t that big up front, and plays a lot of guys both ways. I saw it last night in person. I congratulate Mount Airy on the win, they got it done. I still think Murphy is every bit as good and didn’t play it’s best. But Mount Airy deserves a lot of credit for that. I will eat crow gladly. But you are getting ready to get a hold of a different animal this week.

Funny how everybody says Tarboro by a lot. How is the East, really? Mt.Airy gave up points to a good Murphy team. Murphy was not every bit as good as Mt.Airy. They were competitive but lacked the big play person that everyone said they had. Tarboro may win. I just dont see them shutting MA down. Mt Airy can do too many things too well. I see this game being a shootout. I also see Mt.Airy having just enough real weapons and "smarts" to keep it competitive. #21 and #6 for Mt.Airy will be as athletic a duo as any that Tarboro has seen this year. Anything can happen. Mt.Airy isn't ready to crown Tarboro champs yet. Unlike everybody else.

Funny how everybody says Tarboro by a lot. How is the East, really? Mt.Airy gave up points to a good Murphy team. Murphy was not every bit as good as Mt.Airy. They were competitive but lacked the big play person that everyone said they had. Tarboro may win. I just dont see them shutting MA down. Mt Airy can do too many things too well. I see this game being a shootout. I also see Mt.Airy having just enough real weapons and "smarts" to keep it competitive. #21 and #6 for Mt.Airy will be as athletic a duo as any that Tarboro has seen this year. Anything can happen. Mt.Airy isn't ready to crown Tarboro champs yet. Unlike everybody else.
Let them go on pounding there chests and Mount Airy may be considered the underdogs but dogs bit and Bears claw & bit even harder.Murphy was nipping at our hills all night Friday. No bragging here ,just my view and opinion of all the chest pounding from out east.No pun intended to Murphy just giving them credit for being a great team.

Last edited:
I can assure people and Tarboro are not overlooking Mt. Airy. We know all about being the underdog.

In 1984 nobody thought Tarboro would beat Kanapolis Brown in the State Title game. They were supposed to unstopable, and we ended up shutting them out, and they didn't even get a first down.

Anything can happen on any given night.

Murphy missed at least three sure td passes, gave up a fumble for a TD after about a 12 yard gain, for some reason kicked off deep to Smith and Greene, although I don’t know if the 2nd one was intentional. So yes Murphy was plenty of good to have won. But they didn’t. Simple as that.

Murphy missed at least three sure td passes, gave up a fumble for a TD after about a 12 yard gain, for some reason kicked off deep to Smith and Greene, although I don’t know if the 2nd one was intentional. So yes Murphy was plenty of good to have won. But they didn’t. Simple as that.
Griddle did you go to the game?
If you didn’t go then your point of view don’t mean nothing.
I was going to talk a lot of smack after this game.
But after I get home and seen that the guys from Murphy made some really good post about the Mount Airy players. I decided to let dead dogs lie.
Murphy is a class act ball club. And the few posters I’ve followed this week are as well. On this Friday night it was just Mount Airy’s turn to go to Raleigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: gdawg74
A free play at the end of the half because Murphy ran out of time, and MA committed an obvious personal foul.

Yes, I was at the game and I just say what I saw. I had no team in the fight. And I’ve made complimentary posts on both teams including pall the players who showed great sportsmanship

So griddie whose your team, though you were a east montgomery faithful or is it jordan matthews?? Cause the eagles have nested, the jets sports programs have crashed and you had to drive to the granite city to see a championship caliber football team!! You talked about north stanly , then you cuddled up to the dogs last week , now this week you set sail with the vikings, who knows maybe that ship will sink. One things for certain, you have been dead on with the loser every week this playoff season my friend

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBluePrint1
So griddie whose your team, though you were a east montgomery faithful or is it jordan matthews??
Jordan Matthews Mascot is Jets
635337549600000000_jordan-matthews_jets.gif

I have not heard any comments from Murphy on Mount Airy's new score board with digital TV action screen. I have not been to a game to see it and these are the first photos I have seen. I believe it can show action on the field and messages can be posted.May be wrong.Looks huge.Bear fans tell me what it can do on the screen and just how big is it & TV screen size?

DQAqk5aVwAAueVR.jpg

I have not heard any comments from Murphy on Mount Airy's new score board with digital TV action screen. I have not been to a game to see it and these are the first photos I have seen. I believe it can show action on the field and messages can be posted.May be wrong.Looks huge.Bear fans tell me what it can do on the screen and just how big is it & TV screen size?

DQAqk5aVwAAueVR.jpg
Screen is clear & sharp
DQAq9uSUMAATMEb.jpg

The Rams are coming, gonna be 21 titles after Saturday!!! Stinging , maybe a little , bout as much as those back to back choke fest the dogs experienced against T-ville

Reactions: dogs79

DQAqk5aVwAAueVR.jpg
That board is pretty nice I must say. They need to incorporate the fan pictures to Twitter to improve he experience and get more people to look at it.

Yes it was brother, much respect for the dogs up this way, the smack talk is for fun. Two of the best high school football games ive ever seen, robbinsville / ma an wrh/ ma. JOEY PRICE = NADS OF A GORILLA. Love the call that year. Kept a check on coach price and the sharks this year, gonna miss seeing him on the sidelines in the ship

Word is he asked the players during the timeout about the tie or go for 2 and they all hollered "2" and he said "well y'all go get it".
WRH 38 Mt.Airy 37 & 15-1 state runner up in OT 2009... Mt.Airy 37 Williamston 14 .. Mt.Airy state Champions 2008 16-0.. Bears scored 845 point with only 94 against them less than 6 points a game in those 16 games.

Last edited:
GDawg watch all the film u want. U don't realize the size and domination until it's in your face. All I can say is u will see.

I see how y'all work. U turn it to get away from the topic. We same place as Murphy. Throw film out the door for this one. Stack the box, give it to the "best athlete on the field" and that other nonsense. All I'm saying is Tarboro does what they've been doing. Simple as that.

Yes and no they should be proud to be there. I hope I'm wrong but unfortunately I don't think I am.

If I'm wrong please and I mean please call me out. Mt. Airy gave up almost as many points last game as Tarboro has all year, I mean it's right in front of us.

Two different confrences two different regions Mt Airy is athletic. Don't know alot about Tarboro i know one thing they are both undeafted Let' get it on. Im a bear fan all the way plus a Todd Gurley fan and a LA Ram fan but high school ball over rules my favorite NFL team. Go Bears and LA Rams

Tarboro will be more athletic than Mt. Airy by far in sheer numbers, but only 11 take the field at a time on either side. So, moot point.

If Tarboro doesn't win this game, it will be the biggest bust in nc high school football history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT