ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Mount Airy (14-0) vs. #1 Tarboro (14-0)

Someone give me a good argument as to why Tarboro is not going to win by 5 touchdowns or more. All I keep hearing is "you are wrong" "Bears have heart". Well I got news for you, heart cant tackle, heart cant catch that Tarboro speed, heart cant get first downs, all of that takes talent.
Tarboro 63
"Heart" 7

Lmao!

Bears have Speed and tackle good. Kicker is good from 46 out and is in nchsaa record books. MA is real deal and saturday will be a good game. Like i said MA not comi g to lose. We k ow wil be hard game.

Reactions: TarVikes
Bears have Speed and tackle good. Kicker is good from 46 out and is in nchsaa record books. MA is real deal and saturday will be a good game. Like i said MA not comi g to lose. We k ow wil be hard game.
MA isn’t undefeated for no reason. The boys are good.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Hope that record breaking kicker can make enough field goals to score 60 points cause the offense certainly isnt getting into the end zone that much.

You people from Tarboro better hope the players are not as cocky as some of the Tarboro poster. MT Airy 14-0 Keep underestimating MT Airy or you people from Tarboro are going to be in the State of Shock. It could be a David and Goliath or a Jet vs Colts Superbowl 3. MT Airy passing game could give Tarboro fits. Their not use to facing a good passing team.

You people from Tarboro better hope the players are not as cocky as some of the Tarboro poster. MT Airy 14-0 Keep underestimating MT Airy or you people from Tarboro are going to be in the State of Shock. It could be a David and Goliath or a Jet vs Colts Superbowl 3. MT Airy passing game could give Tarboro fits. Their not use to facing a good passing team.

That TriggeredViking does not represent anyone but his own opinions. Most Tarboro posters (and players, coaches and parents) understand what it takes to win a championship and behave as if they have been there before - which they have.

I have a pretty good idea who triggeredviking is. And if it’s who I’m thinking of he’s someone that pulls for the “team across the county”. He did the same type of cocky-posting Gurley’s senior year posing as a Tarboro fan, but in reality, he’s not.

I think 95 percent of Tarboro fans know that we can't take a 14-0 team lightly. Most importantly the coaches and players know this! As tarvikes said, they are 14-0 for a reason. One thing is for sure, I'm extremely proud to be a Viking. We Tarboro fans certainly have been spoiled. 6 state title games in the last 10 years. That's just remarkable!!

I think 95 percent of Tarboro fans know that we can't take a 14-0 team lightly. Most importantly the coaches and players know this! As tarvikes said, they are 14-0 for a reason. One thing is for sure, I'm extremely proud to be a Viking. We Tarboro fans certainly have been spoiled. 6 state title games in the last 10 years. That's just remarkable!!
WRH I hope getting sixth win in 9 years. That's remarkable also

Reactions: vikandpiratepride
Worry about something else. This is nothing against Mt.Airy , they just can’t win.(neither could any other team in 1-AA)
Nobody thought Tarboro would beat Kanapolis Brown in 1984 either.

Sure, Tarboro should win this game but the fact is is that anything can happen, and you still have to play the game.

If Tarboro comes in thinking that this game will be a cakewalk then we will be in trouble.

What Tarboro fans, MA fans, or any fans say on here will have no affect on the game. Please TarVikes. Nothing at all. It will be settled on the field, Tarboro will be victorious, and Buzzcoach mouth can limp back to Mayberry.

Whatever happens we will be proud of our school coaches and the kids. You troll!
Boy, I cannot wait for around 7:00 pm Saturday night. I will be on here waiting for you, buzzcoach. Waiting for you to comment on Tarboro's 63-7 victory. Waiting for you to tell me how right I was. Waiting to hear you complain about the refs when in reality nothing could have saved Mt. Airy from the beatdown they received. Waiting for you to be so angry that you lash out at me and all of Tarboro. It will be a great time, and I cannot wait for it.

That TriggeredViking does not represent anyone but his own opinions. Most Tarboro posters (and players, coaches and parents) understand what it takes to win a championship and behave as if they have been there before - which they have.
He just joined NCPrep this past Friday and only has 23 messages when I posted this so he is on here just for this game ...Look under where his avatar would be. He is new or has a new name =TriggeredViking1

Last edited:
Griddie is a viking jock rider
Wm - 2004 is a jock rider
Triggeredviking is an idiot
Buzz is a legend
Friday night is OLD SCHOOL ( in a good way )
Tarvike --- seems legit
Sway = JOKE
Sweaterfree ---- is a fool
Daprint --- my main dawg from the wilkes side

THE DAWGS A BARKING -- THE PREACHER IS A PREACHING -- AND I AM ALL OF YALL's DADDY!!

If the vikings cant muster a passing game of some sort then they would have been the 3rd best team in the west this year!!

BEARS 28 - 24

Last edited:
Griddie is a viking jock rider
Wm - 2004 is a jock rider
Triggeredviking is an idiot
Buzz is a legend
Friday night is OLD SCHOOL ( in a good way )
Tarvike --- seems legit

THE DAWGS A BARKING -- THE PREACHER IS A PREACHING -- AND I AM ALL OF YALL's DADDY!!

If the vikings cant muster a passing game of some sort then they would have been the 3rd best team in the west this year!!

BEARS 28 - 24
I agree with most of that

Reactions: gdawg74
Ive done booted yhea off of the other board , the dawg is here wm-2004 , i see yhea moved over here to jock ride the vikings squad . The warriors gonna be down there passing out water bottles for the eastern champs!! You gonna be post game jock washing. I might let you buy me a cup of coffee between games sat, dont get to excited --- I SAID MIGHT AND NO I WONT SIGN YOUR PRINTED GDAWG FAN PAGE MEMORABILA . NO PICS EITHER!!!

Just had the chance to watch the Mount Airy vs. Murphy game and i have to say, I am impressed. Not sure where everyone is getting that this is going to be a blow-out.

What I took away:
- Tarboro has faced similar offensive schemes this year, but not with the athletes MA has and with the same level of execution. Tarboro has played good RB's and Recievers this year, but not a QB that is as athletic as #2.
- If #21 and #6 are back deep...don't kick it to them.
- Tarboro will be able to contain MA's running game, but the pass could be a problem. The Qb throws a good ball, and the recievers are athletic.
- Lastly, i feel pretty confident that Tarboro will be able to move the ball on offense.

Hopefully these outrageous score predictions will stop, because this is going to be a tight one.

The Tarboro vs Mt Airy game will be as advertised. Both teams are deserving to be there. There will be fans from both sides that are more hyped with smack talk than other fans. Let’s just all hope that the officiating is on point and that everyone shows class. Safe travels to everyone

Reactions: sbbbfan
What Tarboro fans, MA fans, or any fans say on here will have no affect on the game. Please TarVikes. Nothing at all. It will be settled on the field, Tarboro will be victorious, and Buzzcoach mouth can limp back to Mayberry.
Griddie didn't you say pretty much the exact thing when Mt.Airy just beat your Mountain boys. Maybe you need to stop betting against Mt.Airy.

28 - 24

Bears passing game , special teams and secondary are the diffrence. Not many big plays in this one. Real talk is theres state championship track speed in the secondary of the bears. You say you have speed , I BELIEVE YOU, that t is wicked, most teams dont see it alot, just so happens this playoff season has been about mis direction offenses. The Bears are very well prepared to see the tarboro T. As far as physical, you gonna have to make me believe you are more physical than murphy, cause there aint many that are. Its a game boys , its gonna be a good one, JUST LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!! Good luck to both teams , these young men have worked there tails off to be in the position they are in, all that work creates life skills second to none, there might be a loser on the field saturday but not really. The work ethic you have displayed to achieve a regional title and state championship game will be the same work ethic that will carry each of you to succesful lifes and careers. Nothing comes easy . Success is a habit .

Mt. Airy's screen passing game could throw in a wrinkle to offset Tarboro's team speed. I don't think Mt. Airy will be able to line up and run the ball.

No coach or player at Tarboro is overlooking Mt Airy. Thats not how coaches operate. The Tarboro staff will not let the kids think its going to be easy.

That being said, this team is special. This game will most likely not be close. I would think it would be their toughest game all year, but if Mt Airy comes within three touchdowns of tarboro that will be phenomenal. I saw a twitter post from a sportswriter who changed jobs during the season and covered both teams. He predicted Tarboro by 28. Objective people seee ti that way. Im sorry.

63-7 is very steep. Dont think that will happen. But it shouldnt be close. And I have no ties to either team. Allegience to your team can cause you to not be objective, on both sides.

But the point that some are making on here about Tarboro winning big is correct, regardless if they are exaggerating. This game is most likely a one sided win for tarboro.

Everyone who posted here please come back and take your medicine if youre wrong. On both sides lol

Im going 42-14 tarboro.

He just joined NCPrep this past Friday and only has 23 messages when I posted this so he is on here just for this game ...Look under where his avatar would be. He is new or has a new name =TriggeredViking1
Sorry I have a life and do not have the time to post thousands of messages on a HS Message board. Imagine that...your life consists posting thousands of messages on a HS Sports message board. Yikes.
Tarboro 63-7 and the kicker makes no field goals.

Word is he asked the players during the timeout about the tie or go for 2 and they all hollered "2" and he said "well y'all go get it".
Reminds me of what happened at the end of the 1994 1A state championship game. Murphy scored a touchdown and trailed North Edgecombe 7-6, and went for two to try to win the title right then. The Warriors' defense had one more play left in them--and they stopped Murphy's pass for two.

Just curious, how did MA manage to get a video board at their stadium. Was it donated or does the school just have that much money? Regardless, it's pretty impressive.
They have some pretty well-heeled supporters at MA, and they put up the money to get that built. It was put up right before the season started. MA goes first-class in all of their sports, and has massive community support, which is how they were able to win the Wells Fargo Cup as a traditional 1A school.

I've worked in Tarboro before (back in 1993-94), and in Garner back in the Hal Stewart years, and Mount Airy is right up there with them both in community support for their sports teams.

Like the one real Tarboro fan said, this guy is probably a SouthWest Edgecombe fan trolling the Vikings. I can't imagine a Tarboro fan saying embarrassing stuff like that.

Sorry I have a life and do not have the time to post thousands of messages on a HS Message board. Imagine that...your life consists posting thousands of messages on a HS Sports message board. Yikes.
Tarboro 63-7 and the kicker makes no field goals.
I have been posting sense 2007 and did not get on here to agitate one school and one game. Like I said FRUIT CAKE ! Would you be brave and tell use your real school. I don't believe you are a Viking just a pigggy back rider agitating The two best 1AA schools in the state .Your real team has probably been on the basketball court for several weeks so you are crashing someone elses party ! ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT