Girls -BBall Fan

Feb 7, 2003
1A West State Playoffs

1 seeds:

1.) Hiwassee Dam (22-0)

2.) Elkin 20-2

3.) Gray Stone (20-2)

4.) Winston Salem Prep (20-2)

5.) South Davidson (20-2)/Chatham Central (17-5) (Who ever win the tournament)

6.) Cherokee (18-4)

7.) Lincoln Charter (14-8)

8.) Avery 13-11

2 Seeds: (9-14)

9.) Community School of Davidson (18-4)

10.) Chatham Central (17-5)/South Davidson (20-2)

11.) Atkins (16-5) (coin Flip)

12.) Robbinsville (16-5) (coin flip)

13.) Albemarle (12-10)

14.) Highlands (6-16)

3 seeds : (15-20)

15.) Mount Airy (18-4)

16.) West Montgomery (12-6)

17.) East Wilkes(14-8)

18. )Highland Tech (11-11) (coin Flip)

19.) Swain Co (11-11) (Coin Flip)

20.) South Stanly (11-11) (Coin Flip)

21.) Highland (7-13)

Wild Card

22.) Rosman (14-8)

23.)North Stanly (12-9)

24.) Chatham Charter (12-10)

25.) Andrews (11-10)

26.) Bishop (11-11) (coin flip)

27.) Pine Lake Prep (11-11) (coin Flip)

28.) Mountain Island Charter (11-11) (coin flip)

29.) East Surry (10-12)

30.) Micthell Co. (9-13)

31.) North Moore (8-14) (coin Flip)

32.) Murphy (8-14) (coin Flip)

***.) Walkertown (8-14) loss play-off berth on (Coin Flip)

This is what I think, still time for movement of course if someone unexpected wins the tournament

Last edited:
According to the other post Avery would not be a 1 seed and I thought it goes 3 seeds not two. But of course we all guessing I wish someone do the boys

In the other post it says about split conf ? Is that the right way or do they automatically get a 1? In the boys Avery is the 1..

In the other post it says about split conf ? Is that the right way or do they automatically get a 1? In the boys Avery is the 1..
From the NCHSAA webpage: If school finishes first in its part of a classification in a split conference, it is seeded as a number one and not actually where it finished overall in the conference.

U got it the other way in your post on the other topic. You said they have to finish second in overall standings to be second

U got it the other way in your post on the other topic. You said they have to finish second in overall standings to be second
Here information from the NCHSAA website
(b)If school finishes first in its part of a classification in a split conference, it is seeded as a number one and not actually where it finished overall in the conference. (c) A team that is second in a split conference must finish second in the overall conference standings to be seeded second. If the second team in a split conference finishes in third place in the overall conference standings, it will be seeded third. (Revised)
So the statement I made about each school are correct. Avery is the best 1A team in their conference so they will be award a # 1 seed. That being said East Wilkes will be a 3 seed because they finish tied for third in their conference.
My Problem is either Blue Ridge or Highland will be award the # 14 seed overall with a record of 6-16 or 7-13.

Last edited:
Oh ok. Yeah the little smokey is awful in boys and girls except HD. Bad thing is one of there boys teams will get a 1 seed with a losing record

Oh ok. Yeah the little smokey is awful in boys and girls except HD. Bad thing is one of there boys teams will get a 1 seed with a losing record
The state needs to change the way they seed the tournament now. They need to take into account strength of schedule and look at a team overall record. and be welling to adjust them.

Section 1:

1.) Hiwassee Dam vs 32.) Murphy

16.) West Mont vs 17.) East Wilkes

8.) Avery vs. 25.) Andrews

9.) Community School Davidson vs 24.) Chatham Charter

Section 2:

5.) South Davidson vs 28.) Mountain Island Charter

12.) Robinsville vs. 21) Highland

13) Albemarle vs 20.) South Stanly

4.) Winston Salem Prep vs 29.) Mitchell

Section 3:

3.) Graystone vs 30.) Mitchell Co

14.) Blue Ridge vs 19.) Swain Co

6.) Cherokee vs 27.) Pine Lake Prep

11.) Atkins vs 22.) Rosman

Section 4:

7.) Lincoln Charter vs 26.) Bishop

10.) Chatham Central vs 23.) North Stanly

15.) Mount Airy vs 18.) West Mont

2.) Elkin vs 31.) North Moore

The teams that are bold have advancing till the third round. I Still think that Prep will be the team to beat.If they have to travel to HD that will be a great game If the brackets play out like this I think all 4 of the top teams out of the Northwest could advance sweet sixteen

Last edited:
Drawback for HD is lack of competition. They've pretty much been killing everyone they've been playing including the big SMC teams with the exception of Cherokee who they have not played. They are shooting lights out from the arc probably better in that regard than last year. Anyone who has to play at HD will be in for a fight for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT