ADVERTISEMENT

WNC games (4) to be televised on Thursday nights this fall

Will the home teams for these games receive anything for these games being on TV.Could be a big loss at the gate because of TV and being played on Thursday night.

Will the home teams for these games receive anything for these games being on TV.Could be a big loss at the gate because of TV and being played on Thursday night.
Well it seems a lot of people have been asking for NC to allow games to be televised. I could be wrong but I see nothing good coming from this.

Someone up that way tell me if any of these games are big gate/ big rival games.

Well it seems a lot of people have been asking for NC to allow games to be televised. I could be wrong but I see nothing good coming from this.

Someone up that way tell me if any of these games are big gate/ big rival games.
Owen & Hendersonville and Mitchell at Polk could be pretty good games.
Erwin & Roberson maybe.
Don't know why they didn't pick Pisgah &Tuscola

Last edited:
Owen & Hendersonville and Mitchell at Polk could be pretty good games.
Erwin & Roberson maybe.
Don't know why they didn't pick Pisgah &Tuscola
Well I guess my next question is, do the schools get a chance to say no, we are not moving to Thursday night?

Why in the world would we risk losing a dime of gate at the Tuscola-Pisgah game? That game doesn't need TV and it funds a lot of things at both schools.

As mentioned, people have been clamoring for the evil NCHSAA to allow it so here ya' go. Not quite the great idea some thought it was. Nobody will be making money on this.

None of the four are rivalries and they are playing them on Thursdays which will not impact any other games.
Yes, they can decline. It's not like they're holding a gun to anyone.

Thanks bluvols for that info, I certainly knew no guns were held to anyone's head.

Why in the world would we risk losing a dime of gate at the Tuscola-Pisgah game? That game doesn't need TV and it funds a lot of things at both schools.

As mentioned, people have been clamoring for the evil NCHSAA to allow it so here ya' go. Not quite the great idea some thought it was. Nobody will be making money on this.

None of the four are rivalries and they are playing them on Thursdays which will not impact any other games.
Yes, they can decline. It's not like they're holding a gun to anyone.

They could televise the Pisgah Tuscola game outside the stadium in the parking lot and still have a overflow stadium.South Carolina has been doing this for years and I haven't heard anyone claim it hurt their gate.
They broadcast all Pisgah games on the radio and have for years with no loss of fans at the games.

I don't think it will hurt gate. Most of these games don't provide big gates. Heck last time Owen went to Hendersonville we out numbered there fans. Polk-Mitchell game is not good for gate either. I would say the big rivalry games were asked and turned down.

I can't see either Tuscola or Pisgah's administration agreeing to move the game to a Thursday night no matter the theory of how much gate.

You do realize you can listen to the radio AT the stadium, that has no effect on the gate anyway. And Tuscola broadcasts all theirs too.

I just wonder where the Pisgah fans who stay home for their 1st round playoff games watch the game?

I can't see either Tuscola or Pisgah's administration agreeing to move the game to a Thursday night no matter the theory of how much gate.

You do realize you can listen to the radio AT the stadium, that has no effect on the gate anyway. And Tuscola broadcasts all theirs too.

I just wonder where the Pisgah fans who stay home for their 1st round playoff games watch the game?

I guess the same place those Tuscola fans were watching the mounties in the first round..Where were those Tuscola fans at the second playoff game.Oh I forgot they never made it to the second round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT