BD Warrior

Sep 20, 2006
Tuscola at Asheville
Erwin at Roberson
Enka at West Henderson
North Henderson at North Buncombe

What you got?

My picks.....

Asheville by 14.....Asheville might be the hottest team in the conference right now. I said at the beginning of the year they would be in the mix. Tuscola is a good team but I just don't think they have the athletes to win this one.

Erwin by 7....My Warriors have looked much better the last few weeks after a pathetic showing vs Asheville. Roberson is dangerous evidenced by they way they played some very good teams close this season. Should be a great game this week.

West Hendo by 42.....West got a little cocky and ran up against a hungry Warriors team last week. Enka will take the punishment for that this week.

North Buncombe by 3....From what I have heard NH is really bad. NB is as well but they are the home team so I will go with them.

AHS by 10. I believe tuscola will come to play after being embarrassed on tv.
Erwin by 3
WH by 28
NH by 14

Tuscola doesn't have the offensive ingenuity to use the athletes they DO have. I hope they like Vanilla Ice Cream over at Asheville because that's all you'll be seeing from the Mountaineers again this week. Another week wasting the talent we have. A crying shame.

Tuscola doesn't have the offensive ingenuity to use the athletes they DO have. I hope they like Vanilla Ice Cream over at Asheville because that's all you'll be seeing from the Mountaineers again this week. Another week wasting the talent we have. A crying shame.
Asheville has always had trouble with wingT teams. Hope your right, but tuscola scares me

You could say that about us for a decade plus. We ran the same 8 plays and formations for about 15 years, we just had college players running it up the middle 40 times a game and they could turn 3 yard losses into 80 yard touchdowns. It's like playing basketball against Kobe Bryant, you know he's going to shoot it in your face from the top of the key, but you just can't physically stop it. Now we run a different offense but don't have the athletes we used to.

Asheville has always had trouble with wingT teams. Hope your right, but tuscola scares me
That's true. Like someone else said, the wing T can really work because it forces defenses with athletes to think, more than react like other offenses.

I played against Crezdon Butler and Johnny White. Asheville offense was not simple. You threw hook and laterals, hb passes, sleeper play, and reverse against us. So I'm not sure about only 8 plays because you've shown us 5 different formations. (I, power I, split backs, spread 1back, spread 2backs)

I played against Crezdon Butler and Johnny White. Asheville offense was not simple. You threw hook and laterals, hb passes, sleeper play, and reverse against us. So I'm not sure about only 8 plays because you've shown us 5 different formations. (I, power I, split backs, spread 1back, spread 2backs)
I wouldn't say that because we ran multiple trick gimmicky plays in one game that we had a creative, non boring offense. I can't imagine how many points Asheville would have averaged running jet sweeps with Johnny white and Crezdon butler in the shotgun every play with Micael Byrd. I would say a HIGH majority of the coaches in the Mac during that time period knew the plays we were going to run, they just couldn't stop it physically. The amount of plays we ran between the tackles with 10 guys in the box was likely in the thousands over the years. I remember seeing us run qb sneaks on 2nd and long from midfield.

Reactions: Champ_24
You could say that about us for a decade plus. We ran the same 8 plays and formations for about 15 years, we just had college players running it up the middle 40 times a game and they could turn 3 yard losses into 80 yard touchdowns. It's like playing basketball against Kobe Bryant, you know he's going to shoot it in your face from the top of the key, but you just can't physically stop it. Now we run a different offense but don't have the athletes we used to.
What’s funny is Wilkins son coaches north hendo now. Me and some buddies was sitting there Friday calling every play they ran. Same offense Asheville ran for years

What’s funny is Wilkins son coaches north hendo now. Me and some buddies was sitting there Friday calling every play they ran. Same offense Asheville ran for years
It works quite well around here, especially when you have d1 quality backs like Johnny white, Crezdon butler, jave jones, Michael Byrd. Not so much when you don't. Those guys could turn nothing into something damn near every time.
Look how unbelievably successful Rico dowdle was in that spread offense for Reynolds his senior year at qb. Now imagine Michael Byrd and Crezdon butler running the same stuff with Johnny white in the backfield with him. We ran the same basic plays up the middle and threw it 10 percent of the time and still averaged 40+ points a game. That just goes to show you how explosive they were, even in a power running game only offense

16-8 tuscola half. WingT teams have always gave us problems. Said it earlier in the week it scared me

30-16 Final Asheville. 30 unanswered points. Finally settled down. Was real flat the first two quarters. On to ACR next week

Last edited:
30-16 Final Asheville. 30 unanswered points. Finally settled down. Was real flat the first two quarters. On to ACR next week
Probably a little looking ahead and/or it took a quarter or two to get used to that triple option. Not the best first half but coming back from 16-0 and fighting back showed heart

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
congrats to asheville i thought tuscola would give them a good game. now its time for conference championship .should be a good game. go green

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT