ADVERTISEMENT

Williams transferring from North Stanly to Anson????

Hearing the same rumblings but nothing confirmed. Hope its just a rumor & his dad has more wisdom but you never know. 34 better stay in the small 1A pond. Going to get stuffed playing that schedule instead of the YVC!

TW

smokin.r191677.gif

Personally announced it on his Twitter page. Thanked the North Stanly fans, but confirmed he was transferring to Anson County.

And yet another Stanly County superstar fads off into oblivion...... I swear.. you guys build these players up so high, pad their stats and yet when they actually have to play against real competition what happens to them?? Or better yet, when they actually are held accountable for GRADES!! Don't get me wrong, Anson isn't a bastion of education and that's more or less why the kid is going there. He'll be back in Badin in two years... Doubtful he makes it through an entire season wherever he ends up.

Not exactly going to a football powerhouse. Was 1-10 last year with their only win against South Stanly. Anson hasn't had a winning record since 2009.Still waiting to hear from Grade Pro about this.

Since NS is without a coach maybe had something to do with this. Also he could just be following Jackson.

BD...that is a little hard. Coaching against him and watching him grow up over the last three seasons, I disagree. HE had to have the grades to get the scholarship offers. I don't know if he will star at Wisconsin, but he will play football somewhere. If he is back in Badin...it won't be in the next four years...imo.

Originally posted by Dogs9:
Not exactly going to a football powerhouse. Was 1-10 last year with their only win against South Stanly. Anson hasn't had a winning record since 2009.Still waiting to hear from Grade Pro about this.
That "hand it off & hope" offense he played in at NS won't fair so well against the likes of Monroe, Forest Hills, Weddington, Cuthbertson, Rich Co, Peidmont & Sun Valley. Kid will be lucky to make it thru 1/2 the season carrying it 25-30 times per game. Think he might be just trying to get attention so everyone will beg him to stay. If not, he's getting some very poor advice.

TW

Yes you have to be NCAA eligible to receive a scholarship. I hate he is leaving stanly county but with no coach in as of yet and all the other turmoil going on you can't blame the kid.

In regards to how he will perform at Anson, I'm not sure. Wisconsin is really good at identifying RB's just take a look at the RB's they have had come through there. They see something in him or they wouldn't have offered him. Let's put things in perspective as well it wasn't like NS had a great line or even a decent one. I'm not sure what Anson has if anything at the line but if they have a decent line I say he has a pretty good season.

I wish him the best it's a huge accomplishment and priviledge to play at the next level. I think he is there 4 years don't know about how much playing time he will get but it will be a experience of a life time most definitely.

I think Williams will be fine in college. Not so much at Anson County...
This post was edited on 4/15 12:20 PM by collegegrad42

Best of luck to the kid. He is tough, but Jackson will not be able to pad his stats against those teams in that conference.

With WM returning the conference POY Fred Lomax and looking to have an even stronger team, he has nothing to lose in making the move. He might be trying to prove all of us wrong with what has been said in the past. He might just help change the culture at Anson. Good for him and for them.

It could be someone heard a rumor of who was getting the job and is playing his hand. Anson is okay, but they don't play CC or SD. I agree that 300 yard games will be scarce if ever there. Time will tell.
This post was edited on 4/15 1:44 PM by Sleehrat84

Along with most I would like to wish #34 well and hope he has a good year at Anson.

Tyler texted me this morning early and said he had some big to do at the school bla bla bla, teammates walked out on his pre-Madonna speech, I think he has watched too much sports center, he definitely is following Jackson and to walk out on guys he has played with since he was a kid good bye nice knowing ya maybe we can have a dinner for ya on your way out, Not!!!!! I like norths chances without him not near as predicable.. Looks like a coach will be hired in the next week or two, my guess Scott crisco, awesome guy been a part of the football program for years. Last comment cause I don't intend on bashing the kid that's not my thing but to make announcements on social media and to call team together at school, like he is making a move in free agency fom the Browns to the Patriots, in the words of Keeshawn Johnson. C'Mon Man!!!!!!

#. Go 7&8

Not factually based but, a lot!!!!!!!! Why else would he move to anson county, not exactly a closer drive to work for his dad who works for Pepsi in midland, mom runs daycare outta home, they will rent apartment somewhere downthere so he can be garanteed 30 to 40 carries a week as Jackson did for him at north

Yeah that was my thinking gradepro. Hope the bulldogs and comets can get together this coming season. Depends on what the school board does.

Is Crisco a done deal and everything else a formality? I've heard a few names mentioned that are interested in this job. They are coming from prominent programs with great pedigree.

Originally posted by gradepro:
Tyler texted me this morning early and said he had some big to do at the school bla bla bla, teammates walked out on his pre-Madonna speech, I think he has watched too much sports center, he definitely is following Jackson and to walk out on guys he has played with since he was a kid good bye nice knowing ya maybe we can have a dinner for ya on your way out, Not!!!!! I like norths chances without him not near as predicable.. Looks like a coach will be hired in the next week or two, my guess Scott crisco, awesome guy been a part of the football program for years. Last comment cause I don't intend on bashing the kid that's not my thing but to make announcements on social media and to call team together at school, like he is making a move in free agency fom the Browns to the Patriots, in the words of Keeshawn Johnson. C'Mon Man!!!!!!

#. Go 7&8
Not a fan of North Stanly or Anson County, but I find it bizarre "if true" that a kid who is transferring from his school, holds somekind of meeting with his former teammates and friends to tell them he is leaving for another school?.....Kinda predictable that some of his teammates didn't want to hear his speech, and walked out.....I'm not going to hate on the kid because I want all kids to be successful wherever they choose to play college football, but agree that this particular situation does not help Williams in the eyes of many, especially those in Northern Stanly County who have supported and cheered for him for most his life.....Sad to say, but it does seem that the youngster is getting some bad advice, but again I'm on the outside looking-in, and have NO idea what prompted the possible move to Anson County, or who advised Williams that the move would be best for him?

Who knows, maybe Wisconsin told Williams that it would be best for him to play against tougher competition before arriving on campus in Madison, next year?.....And North is going to have a new Coach who may not use Williams like the former Coach did, so might that be the reason he's leaving North Stanly?

Whatever happens, I wish Antonio Williams nothing but the best in his pursuit to play, and play well at the next level!

Roar Tigers Roar!

He committed to UNC very early, maybe as a sophomore. He then held a press conference last season or right after to announce he was going to Wisconsin. He then shows up at the UNC spring scrimmage in Charlotte and states something to the tune of "the door is still open".

I'm not a fan of North Stanly nor Anson but I do know Coach Jackson personally. I must say Coach Jackson and Williams was the best thing to happen to North Stanly in a while, not taking anything from the other kids or coaches at North Stanly . We all want to progress in life and I think this was the best move for both. I know how it feels to play for a coach for the first three years of my school and have to build a relationship with a new coach my senior year. So, I can relate and know the emotional stress Williams could be facing. So I SALUTE Williams for wanting to play his last year of high school football under Coach Jackson. Some think it's messed up because he leaving the guys he grew up playing football with, so what it's life and if you all are true friends and the North Stanly community are true fans, then they will RESPECT his decision and support him the same as when he were playing for North. Hey who knows he might have a change of heart and decide to stay, but good luck Williams keep your head up kiddo and finish your High School career with no regrets.

The competition level that Williams will face is going to increase drastically. He will be the best player on the field every almost every night but it is tough when there is no room to operate.

Yeah it will be like facing the defenses of Albemarle, Walkertown and West Montgomery every fri night.

It was My understanding that Antonio would have His credits for His HS diploma about midway through His Senior year. This is a displeasure for North Stanly Fans. Antonio will be Okay. Best of luck to Coach Jackson

Originally posted by BulldogsFollower:
It was My understanding that Antonio would have His credits for His HS diploma about midway through His Senior year. This is a displeasure for North Stanly Fans. Antonio will be Okay. Best of luck to Coach Jackson
Like Quan Sturdivant and BJ Hill it appears he will do a January enrollment.

Originally posted by Buddy Rich:

Yeah it will be like facing the defenses of Albemarle, Walkertown and West Montgomery every fri night.
Last year they played Monroe and Richmond non conference. Weddington and Cuthbertson are conference teams. I do not think Albemarle or West Montgomery would beat any of those teams and I expect each one could get a little ugly although WM would have given each of them a decent fight.

I think we have put up a decent fight against teams like Monroe in the recent past, in fact coming out on top in some pretty tightly contested games and on the wrong end at times too. The issue is having the depth to do that week after week, the 1A curse. I am not one of those delusional fans that thinks we can win every game regardless of the competition. Playing teams like that every week will take its toll. Of course Walkertown is already a big 2A in numbers, whereas Albemarle is a little and WM a big 1A. Just not the depth to compete at that level week in and week out. Anson has the size as far as numbers, but the across the board talent will create those struggles against those teams you mention, just like the ones Buddy mentioned he struggled with while at NS. It definitely changes the dynamics in the YVC if nothing else. The conference needs a player like him (at least those in the championship part of the standings) because it hurts competition when he is not there. I know some will disagree with that and will not miss the 400 yard games he put up.

You hit the nail right on the head Footnatic. Depth has been our Achilles Heel for some time now. Just look at the last 2 times we faced JK.. We could hang around early on but thats about it. Some may disagree but I've preached and preached about the issues of depth. Then again that's what comes with being so dang small........

I spoke to a guy who played at Anson a few years ago. Basically, he told me that they "Don't Hit The Weights". Maybe Jackson can build some momentum and have them running again two years from now, but Williams will have it tough this season....

As far as the level of competition for Anson, yeah it is far higher than many 1A teams can handle with WRH or JK being an exception. They came to town in 2006 I believe and bet Albemarle like a drum, but that was a down year for us; for those who can remember.

I'm not sure my Monroe was brought up in this conversation, but they have been beat by two YVC teams...Albemarle laid the hammer on them and WM has played them very well. I will say that WM will smoke Anson.

Originally posted by sway1532:

I'm not sure my Monroe was brought up in this conversation, but they have been beat by two YVC teams...Albemarle laid the hammer on them and WM has played them very well. I will say that WM will smoke Anson.
Have seen both Albemarle and Monroe the last couple of seasons and Albemarle would have problems with them. Think Monroe would have been able to win by at least a few scores.

Albemarle beat them in the playoffs in 2010 when they won the title with no problem. They were in the same conference during the mid 2000's with Monroe winning one, AHS two tight ones to go with a blowout.

Albemarle laid the hammer to a lot of teams that give them a game now with some, like West Montgomery, winning a few.

I believe with him gone it will force north to use other options which they have, are they Division 1 recruits, no, but I believe collectively harder to beat

I agree with you gradepro. Jackson's game plan the last few years has been Williams left and Williams right. All any team with a decent defense had to do was key on Williams and North was dead in the water. That will change now.

Warriorpride in response to your post about depth, most 1A teams have this problem. When we were on our championship roll in the early 2000's we overcame this by 2-platooning. Now we don't have the numbers to do that any more, so some kids have to go both ways. Believe me it makes a big difference.

And one more thing. Why do we have state championship banners on our scoreboard? Two words. "JACK GASTER".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT