ADVERTISEMENT

Will Crest score against SP?

seadog28

Oct 4, 2004
It's debatable, and I'll tell you why.

1. They pretty much suck at offense and don't know it due to their weak schedule.

2. Touch football over the summer makes them giddy.

3. What a distracted bunch! Being the greatest team on earth (in your own mind) makes you susceptible to a hard nosed football team.

4. Red Raiders don't fear them.

5. A nasty group of Belmont boys are on a mission.

6. Their fans, though great, are seriously over medicated.

7. Our boys' houses don't roll.

8. Our boys' have a mother and a father and never get confused at a family reunion.

9. A hit in the mouth bleeds.

10. And finally, August is cramp season. Especially in a tight game against a team who doesn't back down.

Reactions: coondog8585
Midgets can't play football. There's a height requirement....you're scared aren't you? You keep obsessing and poking the sleeping bear. SP is afraid. You honestly don't see another championship within the near future. It's not because you think you SP will suck, but you see how tough everyone else is becoming. I'll tell you right now, 3A playoffs was a laughing stock. Sp was the only real competition? Including the state game. Shelby was our Best game all year, that is sad for the 3A. We should have been in the 4A at least.

Please forgive me for my multiple posts. I am older now and thoughts hit me at a slower rate. SP was known for defense back in the day that Crest was a laughing stock. Well they still are, but I digress. Anyway, this year's mighty Red Raiders remind us fondly of those days. Bring it, Crampers!! A juggernaut awaits!

Reactions: DKJ
Please forgive me for my multiple posts. I am older now and thoughts hit me at a slower rate. SP was known for defense back in the day that Crest was a laughing stock. Well they still are, but I digress. Anyway, this year's mighty Red Raiders remind us fondly of those days. Bring it, Crampers!! A juggernaut awaits!
Do like I do SD and write down your thoughts as they happen during the day and combine them all in a post or two.But anyway after reading all your posts I have switched back to the Red Raider band wagon as you have me believing in the opening night upset.SP 27 Crest 7.

Reactions: seadog28
I once scored on a former Crest cheerleader. I can't recall her name or face but I remember the distinct markings on the back of her head.

GDG, I hate to break it to you, but Crest cheerleader defense is not that good. Sorry bro, but at least you scored. :)

Reactions: sasha_nc
SP has some LB issues. They have one stud at LB -best player on defense last year -but he can't make every tackle. I think they will be solid upfront on both lines. Backfield will be pretty nice as well. I think SP will surprise people this year because a lot of hype is gone, but this senior group is solid. Early Prediction: Crest 31, SP 13. I would say closer than that but from I'm hearing a couple LBs/edge guys that are the de facto starters for sp won't matchup to what crest brings with the run game.

I disagree, but can respect the view point! The thing is, SP has plugged in studs at every position. I know that it needs to be seen to be believed, but I'm okay with that.

SP has some LB issues. They have one stud at LB -best player on defense last year -but he can't make every tackle. I think they will be solid upfront on both lines. Backfield will be pretty nice as well. I think SP will surprise people this year because a lot of hype is gone, but this senior group is solid. Early Prediction: Crest 31, SP 13. I would say closer than that but from I'm hearing a couple LBs/edge guys that are the de facto starters for sp won't matchup to what crest brings with the run game.
Hall is a Kuechleyesque tackling machine. Nick Muse will bring the wood this year from LB, and he will be a better D player than big brother Tanner. Not worried at LB or DL. Need to make sure that we have help for Starr at DB.

SP 21 Crest 13 although it will not be that close. Harbison breaks one in the first half out of the wildcat, but is in the hospital with massive cramps in the 2nd half. Cleveland County hospitals have to bring in day beds to handle the cramping BullChargers after halftime. SP takes the Crest Cheerleaders back to Belmont for a night on the town after the game. Everyone is happy. The End.

Raidertime, Trust me help has arrived! We'll talk later at the victory party!

Hall is a Kuechleyesque tackling machine. Nick Muse will bring the wood this year from LB, and he will be a better D player than big brother Tanner. Not worried at LB or DL. Need to make sure that we have help for Starr at DB.

yeah Raidertime - hope so. Watch closely in the crest game and we will see. The only wood I've seen brought since those two inside linebackers left a couple years ago was Hall from last year. From what I saw last year, these other LBs might be bringing the cardboard. I'm not talking about showing out against the worst teams either. Crest will be one of the best in the state so you can either look good or really bad real quick against those type teams. I hope we have a little bit of restraint from our side's outlook leading up to this game. It isn't the whole season no matter what the outcome win or lose.

Last edited:
Not so Seadog. Their women will be ringing as they leave. And leaving hoof prints in the mud.

So true brother GDG! I forgot about them for obvious reasons. Thanks for reminding us that someone has to procreate in Cleveland County no matter the distasteful image.

SP 21 Crest 13 although it will not be that close. Harbison breaks one in the first half out of the wildcat, but is in the hospital with massive cramps in the 2nd half. Cleveland County hospitals have to bring in day beds to handle the cramping BullChargers after halftime. SP takes the Crest Cheerleaders back to Belmont for a night on the town after the game. Everyone is happy. The End.

Leave the Crest Cheerleaders in CC. Otherwise, nine months later they might claim Belmont citizenship.

31 points against the vaunted SP defense. Not a bad first game for either team. Per the pre game agreement between Mickey L and Will Clark, Crest fumbles on their 3 yd line to give SP their 7 point spot. Then proceeds to out score the Purple Raiders 31-7. About what most Crest fans expected.

BUMP!!!!!!!
It's debatable, and I'll tell you why.

1. They pretty much suck at offense and don't know it due to their weak schedule.

2. Touch football over the summer makes them giddy.

3. What a distracted bunch! Being the greatest team on earth (in your own mind) makes you susceptible to a hard nosed football team.

4. Red Raiders don't fear them.

5. A nasty group of Belmont boys are on a mission.

6. Their fans, though great, are seriously over medicated.

7. Our boys' houses don't roll.

8. Our boys' have a mother and a father and never get confused at a family reunion.

9. A hit in the mouth bleeds.

10. And finally, August is cramp season. Especially in a tight game against a team who doesn't back down.

You won't be playing Havelock on the 21st!

I'll be meeting you under the scoreboard at halftime. It'll be reading 14-0 visitors. I know you don't panic, but we can watch the home crowd and have a laugh.

BOO!!! You boys are toast!!!

Because Crest has six Shrine Bowlers, I will now admit that they may score six points.

I disagree, but can respect the view point! The thing is, SP has plugged in studs at every position. I know that it needs to be seen to be believed, but I'm okay with that.

Raidertime, Trust me help has arrived! We'll talk later at the victory party!

Cowbells will go silent!

If I were you, when it comes to Cleveland County football I would never EVER make another prediction..

Embarrassing to say the least :) lol

BUMP!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: seadog28
Expect Shelby to humble Crest and push them to number two in the conference just below a very good 2A team and above a few laughable 2A teams. SP will then put the nail in the Chargers coffin in the playoffs. Hope that game is at Crest as it is fun to watch the Crest faithful empty the stands as reality sets in.

Expect Shelby to humble Crest and push them to number two in the conference just below a very good 2A team and above a few laughable 2A teams. SP will then put the nail in the Chargers coffin in the playoffs. Hope that game is at Crest as it is fun to watch the Crest faithful empty the stands as reality sets in.
You're on the sterno again. SP is weak. They pose no threat. That's just facts..

SL, my extraordinary analyzing skills have resulted into having to wear a Crest tee shirt every Friday night. I am humbled. Well, not really. Maybe a little bit.

Reactions: sasha_nc
SL, my extraordinary analyzing skills have resulted into having to wear a Crest tee shirt every Friday night. I am humbled. Well, not really. Maybe a little bit.
Is it the ugly yellow one that glows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT