ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the top teams for 1A boys in the west?

S. Stokes
Bishop McGuinness

Both teams are better than they were last year and both made good playoff runs with SS reaching the quarters and Bishop the semis. Bishop has more quality depth imo.

After a couple Christmas tournaments have been played and some coming up, what’s your thoughts now?

Yeah will be a big game…. West Forsyth hasn’t seen that many people since CP3 played. All of Walnut Cove will be there
Really all of Stokes supports South Stokes. Most of the kids in the West Stokes district parents went to South and they attend games when they are winning

What’s happened to ER??? Did they run out of gas???
No, the engine is just not running quite as well as it did last year. They're having to rebuild a few things.

Although they currently sport a 2-4 record, I still think they have the potential to be swimming in the deep end come February. They've played some good, good teams (Oak Grove, Randleman) including one (Oak Ridge) who already carried a 15-3 record into the game with ER.

I actually think ER is quicker than they were last year. They just gotta figure some things out. I think they'll be alright heading into January.

As of this very minute, ER sits at 4-4. They did beat Western Harnett and Overhills at the Lee County Christmas tournament.

The Cats have a good test at Asheboro tonight. These two teams haven't played each other in a few years. Should be intense.

Reactions: thekidd12
S. Stokes
Bishop

Bishop had a down to the wire game v the #4 team in Va. If they continue to play defense like they did/have, they’ll be tough to beat. More offensive firepower this year as well as great depth. Can legit play 9-10 kids w/out a ton of drop.

S. Stokes is a cohesive unit but lack depth. #5, #1 have any trouble it could prove costly. #5 is a handful! This team plays with heart and dawg!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT