ADVERTISEMENT

WHC

Apr 9, 2022
Heard that Owen was going to be pretty decent this year and looked like killers against Thomas Jefferson.

Then also heard they got dismantled by East Rutherford on Friday….

Seems conflicting on how they will be since East didn’t have a program two years ago.

Anyone got any insight?

Reactions: mhhs94
Havent heard much of nothing this year seems like theres not as much hype around the WHC scince hendo and polk left lol

Last edited:
Reactions: HerritageCat13
Predictions (and I know nothing so just a wild guess.)
1. Draughn- return a lot and could make a deep playoff run, Not getting past Robbinsville or Mt. Airy in my opnion
2. Heritage- even with a less than stellar scrimmage I think they could possibly challenge Draughn for the top.
3- Mitchell- line play could be an issue but have several skill players
4- Owen- why not, hearing they have improved
5- Avery- see Owen comment
6- Madison
7- Rosman

teams 3-5 could be a battle. Mitchell exceptions are way below the past several years. But I will be there supporting. I can see a 5 or 6 win season In Ledger this year. Hopefully I am surprised.

Go Mountaineers

If Mitchell wins week 1 i say they run the table until late in the playoffs
Man you have a lot more confidence than I do but but, Latin will be a huge challenge. I don’t think looking Latin’s record from last year is a good indicator: They played a difficult schedule with several close games.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: mhhs94
Man you have a lot more confidence than I do but but, Latin will be a huge challenge. I don’t think looking Latin’s record from last year is a good indicator: They played a difficult schedule with several close games.

Go Mountaineers
I understand all those private school teams are really good i remember years ago christ school couldnt compete with teams around here now they are pretty much on par with the private schools in charlotte which are close if they arent already some of the best teams in the state

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I do hope Heritage gets their edge back this year, its been missing the last couple of years and Mitchell has yet to lose it since pitman took over gotta love them mountain teams even if you hate them lol

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Draughn should win the league easily.

Mitchell will improve as the season goes on.

Avery is the sleeper team who could challenge for the top 3 if they can get their defense shored up. They will be pretty good on offense.

Heritage will be very reliant on their QB. The defense needs to improve and get back to the way it used to be. Chase lost a ton of players so it will be an interesting game Friday night.

I don't know a lot about Owen but they should be in the hunt for 3-5 place.

Madison and Rosman will battle for last.

I understand all those private school teams are really good i remember years ago christ school couldnt compete with teams around here now they are pretty much on par with the private schools in charlotte which are close if they arent already some of the best teams in the state
Latin and Country Day have fell off a good bit over the last 10 years. Providence Day and Charlotte Christian are the private big dogs in Charlotte right now. I guess it comes down to who recruits the best!

Draughn will be the team to beat and returns enough players to win the WHC.

MH benefits from an influx of JV talent. Mitchell has the ponies for a good season. These two teams are neck and neck behind Draughn.

Among the rest, I’d pick Owen, Avery, Madison, and Rosman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT