ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth @ East Forsyth “Part 2” Playoff 1st Rd

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
I think this could be a little closer than what people expect as West Forsyth has won 4 of the last 5 games(Sit 4-3 in Conference/ Edit they are actually 4-2 in Conference) and that offense is clicking. Their only loss in that span was a 42-39 road loss to red-hot Reagan HS.

I also think West has clinched a playoff birth and could easily be playing East Forsyth in the opening rd. of the playoffs in what would be back to back games at East Forsyth.

Now, I don't think West can beat East Forsyth but they can play with East(I mean, keep it under a 20pt loss) and this has always been a great Rivalry.

East played their worst game of the season vs Glenn... looked totally out of sync offensively with penalties, Ints' and dropped passes. They gave up some blind side sacks and didn't run the ball effectively for the first time this season.

I actually saw some flaws that East Forsyth had better clean up before playoffs. That Glenn team who is 3-6 played closer than the final score. East Defense was great again .... they won that game but a poorly played offensive game like that deep into the playoffs will be a loss.

Last edited:
West is 4-2 in conference (only play 7 conference games). West is 30 in RPI and I believe they are playing for their playoff lives because I think a loss moves West Forsyth to the outside looking in. Yes East did look out of sorts on Friday night but if 297 yards on the ground isn't running the ball effectively, then I hope the Eagles don't run effectively for a while. We all know the Eagles have to clean up penalties and dropped passes. Main thing is have to stay healthy and get healthier. Should be an entertaining game in Kernersville Friday.

Kinda Disagree, A loss to East Forsyth should only help West Forsyth's "SOS" since Maxpreps does this frequently...they should move up as crazy as that sounds because of East #1 ranking. A 4-3 CPC team has always got in unless something has changed and that's possible.

The out of conference losses to Oak Ridge(Undefeated #3 in the State 3-A and 4-A Asheville Reynolds top #10 along with Weddington Top #10... those 3 have a combined 25-2 record. I still think West Forsyth is in... but who knows, I could be wrong and they very well could be playing for their playoff lives...The Eye ball test and they are in...

Last edited:
Reactions: cimsies
I think they’re still in due to those reasons. N. Meck and S. Iredell will fight it out for #32 imo.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Interesting, it's all about the defenses this year! I like that...who has the most explosive offense or "is this a down year for explosive offense?

Interesting, it's all about the defenses this year! I like that...who has the most explosive offense or "is this a down year for explosive offense?
I think East Forsyth looks good offensively. Butler is explosive and are better in the passing game than the running game. I was impressed by Olympic’s offense, they really push the ball down the field.

I think because there are so many good teams this year and there isn’t a juggernaut like a (04 Indy, 12 Butler or 13 Mallard Creek) the games are lower scoring and more competitive.

I think East Forsyth looks good offensively. Butler is explosive and are better in the passing game than the running game. I was impressed by Olympic’s offense, they really push the ball down the field.

I think because there are so many good teams this year and there isn’t a juggernaut like a (04 Indy, 12 Butler or 13 Mallard Creek) the games are lower scoring and more competitive.
I think the West will be especially interesting come playoff time. You're right. There's no outstanding over the top juggernaut this season, but quite a few very good teams. As always, whoever wins the West will have truly earned their spot in the state title game.

In the east, you'll have the usual teams; Cardinal Gibbons, Wake Forest, etc.... But they've quietly established themselves this year. Who is that? New Bern. I'd be on the lookout for the Bears coming out of the east. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Simmons has got East Forsyth by 43pts
West Forsyth (4-5, 4A) at East Forsyth (9-0, 4A)* - E by 43

I'll take West to cover 43.., I think it will be around 20pts. West will play that ball control offense(long... time consuming drives) and try to keep it out of QB Raynor's hands .."TRY is the word" The problem is.. East has 3 straight shutouts and they're ready for West running game.

Last edited:
Simmons has got East Forsyth by 43pts
West Forsyth (4-5, 4A) at East Forsyth (9-0, 4A)* - E by 43

I'll take West to cover 43.., I think it will be around 20pts. West will play that ball control offense(long time consuming drives) and try to keep it out of QB Raynor's hands .."TRY is the word" The problem is.. East has 3 straight shutouts and they're ready for West running game.
I have East by 30 in my prediction. East Forsyth 47 West Forsyth 17

I still think West Forsyth will give them a better game this week Part 2… I think it will be much closer score! But another loss for West Forsyth … around 25pts.

East Forsyth played a flawless game, I think they scored 5 different ways! Created many turnovers. This game was close for the first 12min. (1st Q). Then Explosive Scoring!

WR QueSean Brown is filthy good… ridiculous speed! Out there toying with people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT