ADVERTISEMENT

Top State Wide Conferences Games For 9/22/2023

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
What are the top games this week from across the state in each conference? let's keep it clean with positive posts for each conference top game on Friday 9/22/2023. Let's not get anyone hurt because all teams need to be healthy for the playoffs.

Last edited:
NWC 1A, Starmount at Mount Airy for starters. This should be a good game for the NWC 1A. Both teams are 5-0 and playing good football coming into this game! Good luck to both teams coming out with no injuries going forward in the regular season!
Post your conference's top game of the week.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

I don't agree with that. MA prioritizes scheduling in county rivals, gates, and short travel. Conference can't be helped, but out conference scheduling provides opportunity to get tougher competition and that simply is being put on the back burner for other priorities. That Surry Central and Ashe County game (even North Surry really) could be traded for a series with Thomasville, Reidsville, Galax, Statesville, Davie, Watauga, Wilkes Central, etc. It is what it is, but I can't agree with that statement.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I don't agree with that. MA prioritizes scheduling in county rivals, gates, and short travel. Conference can't be helped, but out conference scheduling provides opportunity to get tougher competition and that simply is being put on the back burner for other priorities. That Surry Central and Ashe County game (even North Surry really) could be traded for a series with Thomasville, Reidsville, Galax, Statesville, Davie, Watauga, Wilkes Central, etc. It is what it is, but I can't agree with that statement.
During the next realignment some of those county rivalries will probably become conf games and they will look elsewhere for good games. Until then they won't drop them for the reason you quoted. Mainly gates.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Those 4A schools are not playing Mt. Airy. Too much to lose and nothing to gain.

Ok Rex really you might misunderstood my comment when I said we are looking for a tougher opponent I meant fans like me we are tired seeing 50 to 0 beat down every week and this is starting to put us on road in ranking system deep in the playoffs if we make it I know it is all going to fall back on gate thing but just saying

Ok Rex really you might misunderstood my comment when I said we are looking for a tougher opponent I meant fans like me we are tired seeing 50 to 0 beat down every week and this is starting to put us on road in ranking system deep in the playoffs if we make it I know it is all going to fall back on gate thing but just saying
I may have misunderstood what you said in that case. This I do agree with. If those out of conference games with local teams cost a home game in the 5th round, they probably lose out on more gate money than those bring, especially the Ashe game.

I will defend Mt Airy when it comes to scheduling. Robbinsville has the same issue. No bigger school wants to play top 1a schools. Asheville and Smoky Mountain are the most recent to drop us. Smokys excuse was they didn’t want players hurt. I would love for Robbinsville to play Tuscola, AC Reynolds, etc, especially over Rabun Gap/Christ School type teams, but they just won’t schedule us.

I will defend Mt Airy when it comes to scheduling. Robbinsville has the same issue. No bigger school wants to play top 1a schools. Asheville and Smoky Mountain are the most recent to drop us. Smokys excuse was they didn’t want players hurt. I would love for Robbinsville to play Tuscola, AC Reynolds, etc, especially over Rabun Gap/Christ School type teams, but they just won’t schedule us.
Alcoa is only 59 miles away Robbinsville. I’m surprised that Robbinsville doesn’t try scheduling schools from the Knoxville area being so close.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Alcoa is only 59 miles away Robbinsville. I’m surprised that Robbinsville doesn’t try scheduling schools from the Knoxville area being so close.
Whoa. I lived in Robbinsville. That is the worst 59 miles I have ever been on. Takes about an hour and a half if you're lucky, but a very curvy tense drive. US 129 is a very famous road, and that section is the most famous. of all with a lot of switchbacks. I had rather drive to Asheville, Hendersonville, or even Spruce Pine. I moved away from Robbinsville in 1987 perhaps things have changed.

Whoa. I lived in Robbinsville. That is the worst 59 miles I have ever been on. Takes about an hour and a half if you're lucky, but a very curvy tense drive. US 129 is a very famous road, and that section is the most famous. of all with a lot of switchbacks. I had rather drive to Asheville, Hendersonville, or even Spruce Pine. I moved away from Robbinsville in 1987 perhaps things have changed.
I know about the road. If you want tense go out West and drive on some of their roads. Went to Yellowstone and drove to Cody,WY one day on the trip. You would starve before you hit the bottom

7 teams in 1A undefeated. After Friday night there will be only 6 or less undefeated teams left. #1 vs #7.. (18 teams with only 1 loss)

MaxPreps overall rankings.

Last edited:
Reading on the ole inter web. It’s says nothing over 30ft is allowed on 129. My father in law gets car sick easy. Need to take him on a scenic ride one day soon.

That's trailers. I'm sure there are bus routes that have to use parts of 129.

I know about the road. If you want tense go out West and drive on some of their roads. Went to Yellowstone and drove to Cody,WY one day on the trip. You would starve before you hit the bottom
Beartooth Pass?

Beartooth Pass?
Not the Beartooth but that’s a bucket list. It was a different road that went to Cody from Yellowstone. Have you ever watched the YouTube videos of the snow removal from the Beartooth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT