ADVERTISEMENT

The importance of Special team play.

KevinFromSwain

May 30, 2001
Far in'em thar hills
Although Swain dropped that game basically do to special teams play. Would like to point out how amazing it was to see a young team with a bunch of sophomores playing on both sides of the ball, hang in there last night and I really think victory was within reach.
Personally I still have no clue on how the offense works. It looks like a veer, but its not. This cross veer/spread seems to be giving some teams trouble. Back to the kicking game, young men. I know y'all wanted to to be in on the play, but please keep your spacing in mind on the kick offs. Last night wasn't the best game for the Devils however we are young and I trust the coaches to right the ship in the long run...pun, in the long run, Eagles hit from yrs ago. I think the Devils are much better than they have shown. Just have to grow up in a hurry and let the game slow down and follow your reads! Now put this one behind y'all and just.get.ready for the next one. Proud of yall, coaches too!

Although Swain dropped that game basically do to special teams play. Would like to point out how amazing it was to see a young team with a bunch of sophomores playing on both sides of the ball, hang in there last night and I really think victory was within reach.
Personally I still have no clue on how the offense works. It looks like a veer, but its not. This cross veer/spread seems to be giving some teams trouble. Back to the kicking game, young men. I know y'all wanted to to be in on the play, but please keep your spacing in mind on the kick offs. Last night wasn't the best game for the Devils however we are young and I trust the coaches to right the ship in the long run...pun, in the long run, Eagles hit from yrs ago. I think the Devils are much better than they have shown. Just have to grow up in a hurry and let the game slow down and follow your reads! Now put this one behind y'all and just.get.ready for the next one. Proud of yall, coaches too!
I trust some of the coaches……. Some more of the local coaches not so much. We shall see though.

Yes Smoky was without a 2,000 yd rusher.
Remember Robbinsville lost to Cherokee last year without their 2,000 yd rusher but destroyed Cherokee with him in the playoffs.

Yes Smoky was without a 2,000 yd rusher.
Remember Robbinsville lost to Cherokee last year without their 2,000 yd rusher but destroyed Cherokee with him in the
Smoky QB and #5 is a dangerous combination to a Defense, Smokey should have open up their play book more on passing as they did at the end of the 2nd quarter and 4th. I believe they run their offense as they had their Star rusher but their passing game were they are more explosive.

Swain definitely looks to be on the upswing. They won the los battle and the "no mcneely" line had nothing to do with that. Better special teams play and pass coverage and they will make noise in conference this year and given the number of sophomores and juniors they will compete for it in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT