ADVERTISEMENT

Starmount Head Football Job (Updated: Josh Pardue hired)

Good luck Rams on your search. Storied program and a whole lotta tradition, tons of talent in place and in the pipeline. Should have plenty of interest here. The next coach steps into a VERY good situation.

Interested to see what happens with the coaching search. Several of the kids have been hitting the weights hard anticipating a deep run this Fall if healthy. Expectations will be high.

Coach Lloyd is a good man, good Coach, and I hate to see him go for football in our area. 3 of the four top programs in the area all open within weeks of each other is crazy. Mount Airy got their guy, now Starmount and West Stokes are on the hunt. I would venture to say both programs will have healthy applicant pools. Good luck to the Rams and Wildcats!

Coach Lloyd is a good man, good Coach, and I hate to see him go for football in our area. 3 of the four top programs in the area all open within weeks of each other is crazy. Mount Airy got their guy, now Starmount and West Stokes are on the hunt. I would venture to say both programs will have healthy applicant pools. Good luck to the Rams and Wildcats!
West Stokes is open? I missed that.

He did! We won 10 games and that hasn’t happened since 2014 and there was a lot of excitement in the community.

I hope it will continue under the new coach. Starmount has a lot of positive things going on with the facilities upgrades.

Any word on his family situation? I hope everyone is fine and in improving health. Plus they will be much closer to Crest High School which I am sure had no part in this whole situation.

Regardless, the Coach really did do a very good job and Starmount should be heading in a very good direction.

Great hire - former player and was a part of the 1998 State Championship team, IIRC. Also comes from a great family.

Wonder if he talks his younger brother (Caleb) into coming back over from MA to run the defense? I would bet there is about a 100% chance that happens.

Good fellow. Met him his last year at Walkertown when they joined the old WPAC. He was a very classy guy and we all felt sorry for him, he had such a rough situation that year. He left and went to better things, very happy for him. He's going to have solid talent and will have a fun few years ahead. Elkin's loss is Starmount's gain.

9/20 looks like a Good Friday for me to come up and see Starmount play. Be interested to see a game up that way and being in a different environment.

Last edited:
MA on 9/27 headed to Booneville!
Bbc One Bear GIF by BBC

I
You can not wait that long to come to Mt Airy, meet our group of guys and share in our tailgating.
I will definitely look in on my schedule to see about coming up to Mt Airy and joining in you guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT