ADVERTISEMENT

SOUTH POINT needs a game.

Enough of this we lost studs crap. Football is won as a team. Ask Crest who yearly fields a squad of studs from all over the state. They field individual studs and we hammer studs. This year's TEAM will show up and compete against any stud group with the balls to schedule us. I don't know who Earnhardt pulls for, but I do know that he's clueless as to how we roll in Belmont.

Provide something of substance, not of rhetoric. You lost two really strong offensive weapons last year. Magicwolf provided a plan of how South Point will recover from losing these studs. According to Magicwolf, South Point will be stronger, which is debatable. You, on the other hand, offered us nothing whatsoever except an insight of your occupation.

what hs team do you watch?

I attend a football game every week, and not just any team in particular. Last year I saw games from Wilmington to Asheville and everywhere in between.

Here's the deal with South Point: I did not like your team chemistry last year. Your team probably ranks in the top 10 in terms of talent, but it always seems like your team makes many careless errors. It might be a holding call here, or an unsportsmanlike penalty there...these things separate the good teams from the great teams. With what you had in your backfield, you shouldn't have lost 5 games. The 2009 South Point team had great chemistry: the 2014 South Point team had little chemistry. South Point's only two impressive victories were against 2A Shelby and 3A Concord. Truthfully the Shelby victory was much more impressive.

South Point is tremendously well-coached,with Mickey Lineberger and staff being some of the best in the state. I can only imagine their frustration last year when they lost four games by less than a TD.

I attend a football game every week, and not just any team in particular. Last year I saw games from Wilmington to Asheville and everywhere in between.

Here's the deal with South Point: I did not like your team chemistry last year. Your team probably ranks in the top 10 in terms of talent, but it always seems like your team makes many careless errors. It might be a holding call here, or an unsportsmanlike penalty there...these things separate the good teams from the great teams. With what you had in your backfield, you shouldn't have lost 5 games. The 2009 South Point team had great chemistry: the 2014 South Point team had little chemistry. South Point's only two impressive victories were against 2A Shelby and 3A Concord. Truthfully the Shelby victory was much more impressive.

South Point is tremendously well-coached,with Mickey Lineberger and staff being some of the best in the state. I can only imagine their frustration last year when they lost four games by less than a TD.

This response tells me you actually know NOTHING about SP football. We have NEVER had top 10 talent. But we ALWAYS have top 10 heart and desire...... and the games we win we aren't supposed to win are because of that and the fact that we do play disciplined football.

This response tells me you actually know NOTHING about SP football. We have NEVER had top 10 talent. But we ALWAYS have top 10 heart and desire...... and the games we win we aren't supposed to win are because of that and the fact that we do play disciplined football.

Try again troll. You lost 4 games by less than a TD, and it wasn't due to talent. Poor execution was the culprit. Obviously you don't know squat about 3A football. Outside of Belmont (that's the area beyond the moat that you and your hosses built), South Point is deemed to have top-10 talent. Did you go to the Concord-South Point game? Most claim that Concord had top 10 talent, but South Point had no problem with the Spiders.

Flashback to the Forestview game: again, South Point had superior talent, but your team played without their heads. Lack of focus was the problem, probably contributed to fatigue.

Try again troll. You lost 4 games by less than a TD, and it wasn't due to talent. Poor execution was the culprit. Obviously you don't know squat about 3A football. Outside of Belmont (that's the area beyond the moat that you and your hosses built), South Point is deemed to have top-10 talent. Did you go to the Concord-South Point game? Most claim that Concord had top 10 talent, but South Point had no problem with the Spiders.

Flashback to the Forestview game: again, South Point had superior talent, but your team played without their heads. Lack of focus was the problem, probably contributed to fatigue.

Clueless you are. Ever hear the quote "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".... might I add talent has little effect on matchups and desire. Sometimes "want too" will prevail.

I never said we lost the (4) games because of a lack of talent. I'm arguing your broad sweeping generalization that SP consistently has superior talent and plays with poor execution.

With all this top 10 talent we are housing over in Belmont; can you give me (10) D1 players to come out of SP? EVER? I'll wait.......

Clueless you are. Ever hear the quote "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".... might I add talent has little effect on matchups and desire. Sometimes "want too" will prevail.

I never said we lost the (4) games because of a lack of talent. I'm arguing your broad sweeping generalization that SP consistently has superior talent and plays with poor execution.

With all this top 10 talent we are housing over in Belmont; can you give me (10) D1 players to come out of SP? EVER? I'll wait.......

That pretty much sums up your approach: individual talent. If football was a one on one sport, then your argument might hold water. However, SPRedRaider, football is played eleven vs. eleven. If you are merely concerned about individual achievement, I'd encourage you to take up golfing.

Admit or deny: South Point's football team had better talent than Forestview.

Admit or deny: South Point lost the game to Forestview.

Admit or deny: South Point lost the game by not using their heads.

If you deny any of these three, then you obviously are in your own world.

South Point has the talent, and they have the coaching, but the desire to play hard when one is tired can't be held as a crutch. It pains me to see South Point not playing up to their potential.

What are you going to say when the Red Raiders go into the stable and bring home a big W back to Belmont

Earnhardt, I'd throw in leadership, heart, intangibles and immeasurables, but I see you're a fact man. What those of us who know SP football are saying is that this year's team has a great chance of being a better team than last year. Our overall talent is better. Hope that helps.

Earnhardt, I'd throw in leadership, heart, intangibles and immeasurables, but I see you're a fact man. What those of us who know SP football are saying is that this year's team has a great chance of being a better team than last year. Our overall talent is better. Hope that helps.

Seadog, why don't you answer the questions I posed to SPRedRaider. Go ahead, answer those three questions and let me know what your answers are. Just be honest with your answers.

I deny the first question and appreciate the spirited discussion. It's nice to have the boards awake
again. Where you going wrong is the amount of value you are placing on departing players. Btw, I admit to the second two.

Reactions: coondog8585
I deny the first question and appreciate the spirited discussion. It's nice to have the boards awake
again. Where you going wrong is the amount of value you are placing on departing players. Btw, I admit to the second two.

You don't think those two guys are any good?

Coach Medlin won't agree with your first answer, and neither do I, but since you have refrained from calling me "clueless", I'll show you some respect and say thank you for your reply.

South Point was much more physical than Forestview...if you ask Coach Medlin, he will agree with my assessment. In regards to speed, I couldn't tell you who had the advantage. The advantage was how Forestview used their heads. The Forestview players played a team concept that game while South Point just looked like they were going through the motions. I'm not talking about the O/T either. I kept saying that when it was early in the 2nd quarter.

If South Point had played Forestview like they had played Concord, South Point would have won by two scores. Concord played a lousy game, but still, they were a pretty darn good team that made the mistake of overlooking the Raiders.

Please don't play the "if" game. We are talking about high school football. Maybe the starting center's girlfriend, Mary Jane Rottencrotch, broke up with him 2 hrs before the game. Maybe alot of things happened to a 17 year old who can't compartmentalize. The reason I love high school football is because the unexpected often happens.

You don't think those two guys are any good?

Coach Medlin won't agree with your first answer, and neither do I, but since you have refrained from calling me "clueless", I'll show you some respect and say thank you for your reply.

South Point was much more physical than Forestview...if you ask Coach Medlin, he will agree with my assessment. In regards to speed, I couldn't tell you who had the advantage. The advantage was how Forestview used their heads. The Forestview players played a team concept that game while South Point just looked like they were going through the motions. I'm not talking about the O/T either. I kept saying that when it was early in the 2nd quarter.

If South Point had played Forestview like they had played Concord, South Point would have won by two scores. Concord played a lousy game, but still, they were a pretty darn good team that made the mistake of overlooking the Raiders.

They were good, but since they have moved on we are better. This is where you are having trouble "Noonan".

Please don't play the "if" game. We are talking about high school football. Maybe the starting center's girlfriend, Mary Jane Rottencrotch, broke up with him 2 hrs before the game. Maybe alot of things happened to a 17 year old who can't compartmentalize. The reason I love high school football is because the unexpected often happens.

Turn off your soap operas and join the real world.

Actually, you brought up a good point. Kids that age, and people of all ages in Belmont, tend to be emotional. Emotions run deep in their blood, especially if someone states an opinion contrary to their own belief.

I will not accept that statement on it's face. Change the word emotional to passionate and I'm all in!

I want our fans to do something different this year when we shocked the world and go to the stable and beat them crest crampers. OUR FANS SHOULD GET BEHIND THESE KIDS BC THEY ARE WORKING THERE BUTTS OFF..

Reactions: seadog28
Anyone who knows anything about football knows that losing 2 very good skills players is not a huge deal in football. We cannot replace Muse with one player on offense, but I expect us to be better at QB. Most of the offense and defense return from last year including a lot of strength in the trenches. That undisciplined team from last year was one completion away from playing for the State Championship.

Can anyone tell me why SP dropped ACR this year? ACR needed a game on 9/18 but they picked up Hendersonville when SP dropped out. I am just curious if it was the travel time or what?

Not really sure, GG. It seemed like a great non conference matchup to me.

PRIDE......ACR is a good chance for a loss.......With the first game loss a given. A Shelby game that's a loss......The coaches are worried about the fragile ego's of their players.

Backer1 it's not going to be easy has you think my friend. We might even upset ya'll. keep on thinking Ya'll will kill us. Not to worry about Shelby. ACR was travel I think what I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT