ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain Conference 2015

Briggs will do fine as long as the parents and school board keep their noses out of it and let him coach.

The Braves will display along with all their returning players probably the best 1-2 young combo at qb and rb around. The Braves had s freshman qb start the last couple of games and abousulty dominated the jvs.. They will have a freshman rb that has talent not seen at cherokee in a while .. He is prob 6'1 195 as an 8th grader and can run it .. The Braves also started two freshman on the ol and dl all year who will be a year older. I'm looking for a breakout year from them .. And I think McMillian will have a huge year at wr.

The Braves will display along with all their returning players probably the best 1-2 young combo at qb and rb around. The Braves had s freshman qb start the last couple of games and abousulty dominated the jvs.. They will have a freshman rb that has talent not seen at cherokee in a while .. He is prob 6'1 195 as an 8th grader and can run it .. The Braves also started two freshman on the ol and dl all year who will be a year older. I'm looking for a breakout year from them .. And I think McMillian will have a huge year at wr.

We heard you the first time.
wink.r191677.gif

Posted the second for when you run off of your Knights lose.... Then u can come back and read it again ....

Reactions: BK13T-$
I believe Murphy will do fine next year. They have lost some talent but also have a lot coming back. Don't forget also the success of the JV team the last 2 years(only one loss) There is also a few very talented kids that will be freshman next year. One of them is mine. Remember the name Riley Blalock. I'm biased but he's going to be good.

BravesGWY posted on 3/1/2015...

The Braves will display along with all their returning players probably the best 1-2 young combo at qb and rb around. The Braves had s freshman qb start the last couple of games and abousulty dominated the jvs.. They will have a freshman rb that has talent not seen at cherokee in a while .. He is prob 6'1 195 as an 8th grader and can run it ..

Pretty bold statement. I would say the QB and RB from Rosman will have a little to say about that next year. Rice had over a 1,000 yrds rushing and 500 passing and Orr had over 1,500 yrds rushing. Given Green is back healthy next year and Shipman at fullback in my opinion Rosman could have some threatening weapons on O.

BELIEVE IN THE JOURNEY !!!

With Rosman's running attack they will be a tough out. Not sure what their line has coming back but if they figure things out on defense they could be a very tough team to stop with a ball control type offense but be able to break the long run as well.

I think Rosmans weak spot will be the line next year. If you look close Rosman only returns 2 linemen over 200lbs. They will have a very small line. Average about 203lb if I had to guess. The Tiger running backs will be good but they will have a smaller line next year and that will be hard to overcome.

Here is a list of all the lineman that will be back.
Hall 175lb.
Burrell 175.
McCall 165.
Revis 231.
Villagomez 269.

That is all the lineman on the roster.

This post was edited on 3/15 10:05 AM by BK13T-$

This post was edited on 3/15 1:17 PM by BK13T-$

Tiger I said young combo .. As they are fresh and soph . And yes your 44 is a beast . I'll agree

Originally posted by BravesGWY:
Tiger I said young combo
So you think Cherokee's "young combo" is better than Curry and McRae at Murphy? They did win back to back JV titles afterall...

This post was edited on 3/18 6:53 PM by mbdfan

The duo that Braves mentioned has lots of potential. I wouldn't say they DOMINATED JV's last year but they are both very good athletes. The young duo from Murphy will be something to watch over the next few years as well.

Originally posted by gal durnit:
The duo that Braves mentioned has lots of potential. I wouldn't say they DOMINATED JV's last year but they are both very good athletes. The young duo from Murphy will be something to watch over the next few years as well.
McRae on the other hand did dominate the SMC JV's last year before he got moved up, more so than any one player has in this conference in a good long while.

It will be fun to see him progress over the next 3 years, hopefully all of those will be in a Murphy uniform...

This post was edited on 3/18 7:25 PM by mbdfan

hopefully all of those will be in a Murphy uniform????

Are there rumblings he may be leaving or not playing?

Originally posted by murphy1981:

Are there rumblings he may be leaving or not playing?
Some of the parents of the younger basketball players coming up (middle school and JV) aren't at all happy with the state of the varsity basketball program and are considering their options. McRae already plays AAU basketball with a bunch of the kids at Cherokee, so it wouldn't be a difficult transition if it ever happened.

Not saying anything is actually going to happen because it probably won't. But anything is possible now that Murphy has decided they only want to be a football school. It would be fitting if some of the talented young football players left because of the neglect that's taking place with the varsity basketball and baseball programs.

My son would like to play football at Murphy and would of been a help to the program in my opinion.But with the state of the baseball program we can't risk it.He would likely see a lot of time on the basketball court also.

Originally posted by roadglide32:

My son would like to play football at Murphy and would of been a help to the program in my opinion.But with the state of the baseball program we can't risk it.He would likely see a lot of time on the basketball court also.
I don't blame you roadglide, it's a sad state of affairs. It wasn't that long ago that Murphy was ruling the roost in all three major sports with Bristol coaching the baseball team and the basketball team experiencing a great run of talent. But I don't think some within Murphy athletics were as thrilled about that as one might think.

At worst, some within the athletic department don't like the idea of competing with baseball and basketball for talent and resources and have (or in the case of basketball, not) facilitated things to ensure those programs will not be close to the level of football long term.

At best, some within the athletic department simply couldn't care less if the baseball and basketball programs are terrible as long as the football program remains successful. Actions attest to this: when Coach Bristol stepped down the man ultimately hired was an inexperienced and largely unqualified candidate to replace him as coach. They've also remained disinterested while the basketball program hits rock bottom and negligent by not ensuring a new coach is hired to right the ship.

This post was edited on 3/18 6:44 PM by mbdfan

check your facts before you spout off , that hire was made by the superintendent , and if kids want to be good in 3 sports , where would they go, check our record in the Wachovia cup.

Originally posted by dogtuff:

check your facts before you spout off , that hire was made by the superintendent , and if kids want to be good in 3 sports , where would they go, check our record in the Wachovia cup.
My facts are mostly fine, the superintendent approves and makes the official hire. Most of input, consideration and recommendation is done by other individuals in the process.

Nothing I said is out of line, slanderous or very far off base either. So you can get pissed about what I've said if you want but let it be some other reason than just because you have personal ties and connections to the people being discussed. I have nothing against Coach Clonts or Coach Payne as people and I appreciate their time and sacrifice for young people.

The bottom line is that at Murphy a culture of losing in major sports like basketball and baseball over a sustained period of time is not going to go over well or be happily accepted by parents or fans. If the people in charge are not getting things done at certain level over a long enough period of time, it necessitates change.

And whether or not you or anyone else wants to ignore the fact that parents and fans are becoming increasingly unhappy with direction of those programs that's fine too. It doesn't change the fact that they are. So attack me if you want, but if you think I'm one of a small minority that is thinking this way, you're dead wrong.

This post was edited on 3/18 8:41 PM by mbdfan

As a parent of a student athlete my concern is who was hired and if I thought my child would benefit from playing under that coach.I could care less who did the hiring.

and you never gave him a chance , and in the same since kids that came here say they left where they did because of the coaching.

I am confident with my decision.No situation is perfect and parents and fans will complain no matter what takes place. dogtuff,you are passionate about your school,and rightfully so.We have taken this thread way off it's original intent,so I'm done.

I am confident with my decision.No situation is perfect and parents and fans will complain no matter what takes place. dogtuff,you are passionate about your school,and rightfully so.We have taken this thread way off it's original intent,so I'm done.
You are correct and yes I am.

Originally posted by mbdfan:

I don't blame you roadglide, it's a sad state of affairs. It wasn't that long ago that Murphy was ruling the roost in all three major sports with Bristol coaching the baseball team and the basketball team experiencing a great run of talent. But I don't think some within Murphy athletics were as thrilled about that as one might think.

At worst, some within the athletic department don't like the idea of competing with baseball and basketball for talent and resources and have (or in the case of basketball, not) facilitated things to ensure those programs will not be close to the level of football long term.

At best, some within the athletic department simply couldn't care less if the baseball and basketball programs are terrible as long as the football program remains successful. Actions attest to this: when Coach Bristol stepped down the man ultimately hired was an inexperienced and largely unqualified candidate to replace him as coach. They've also remained disinterested while the basketball program hits rock bottom and negligent by not ensuring a new coach is hired to right the ship.

This post was edited on 3/18 6:44 PM by mbdfan
6 to 1 just maybe you two don't know as much as you think you do. Great job Dogs and coach Clonts!

Congrats to Murphy on a well deserved win.It looks like Hayesvilles' dominance on the diamond has taken a hit this year.I thougt Robbinsville had an early football game with Rosman,I saw a 17-0 score somewhere.That's 2 touchdowns and a fieldgoal.

Yes. Rosman is off to a 5-1 start, but the one loss was 9-0 to undefeated HD. Eagles may be the team to beat in baseball this year.

When you say someone with in the athletic dept are you meaning gentry or some other people ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT