Smoky Mountain Conference 2015

1.Robbinsville. 5-1.
2.Swain. 5-1.
3.Murphy. 5-1.
4.Rosman. 3-3/.
5.Cherokee. 2-4.
6.Andrews. 1-5.
7.Hayesville. 0-6.

I think the top 3 will be close. Anyone know if the SMC schedule will rotate foward or backwards? If backwards that would put Swain at Robbinsville the last game of the year, I think. Might be a important game.

If what I was told was correct, Black Knights will play Murphy and Swain back-to-back.

We have been playing Swain and Murphy 2 weeks apart anyway. Not that different.

Don't think they changed anything. Just rotate now.

If Swain and Murphy Open up the season then Swain at Robbinsville will be week 2. Robbinsville at Murphy week 4.

Black Cat, are you saying you hope or that Swain at Robbinsville IS week 12? If so it rotates backwards and we should open with Andrews and Murphy.

Cool.

This will be the first year that we don't have to play SWain and Murphy 2 weeks apart.

Rosman,Swain and Murphy could all finish ahead of Rville next year. This was their year and they capitalized. Everything that could have went right for them did..Murphy decimated by injury and Rville avoided the injury bug..Rodman and Swain should be stacked next year. Rville lost probably 95% of their offensive output and a ton of tackles on defense. I see a better conference possibly from top to bottom..Andrews has athletes and Cherokee will be improved..don't know much about Hville, other than if the basketball players there would play football they would be solid just like Smoky Mountain)..never understood that specializing in one or to sports thing at small schools..why not spread the wealth of talent across the sports seasons? That question could spurn a whole thread of its own

I know nothing about what Murphy brings back next yea. I do think Swain will be the team to beat with how they made it to the 4th round with all those underclassmen.

Originally posted by caucasian:
Rosman,Swain and Murphy could all finish ahead of Rville next year. This was their year and they capitalized. Everything that could have went right for them did..Murphy decimated by injury and Rville avoided the injury bug..Rodman and Swain should be stacked next year. Rville lost probably 95% of their offensive output and a ton of tackles on defense. I see a better conference possibly from top to bottom..Andrews has athletes and Cherokee will be improved..don't know much about Hville, other than if the basketball players there would play football they would be solid just like Smoky Mountain)..never understood that specializing in one or to sports thing at small schools..why not spread the wealth of talent across the sports seasons? That question could spurn a whole thread of its own
95% of our Offense????? Did our lineman count as Offensive output. We return all Offensive line and all but one Defensive linemen. And SMC linemen of the year Hedrick 6-2 305. And we return Welch on D. 11 or 12 tackles a game. Receivers will be better.

Oh and we would of beat Murphy anyway. Don't matter if they had Emmitt. Running backs need blocks. Watch film of that both those games. Don't matter who was running. I think Plymouth had the fastest backs we have seen all year. Even though none had over 50 or so yards on Robbinsville.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:

Oh and we would of beat Murphy anyway. Don't matter if they had Emmitt. Running backs need blocks. Watch film of that both those games. Don't matter who was running. I think Plymouth had the fastest backs we have seen all year. Even though none had over 50 or so yards on Robbinsville.
BK you have bragging rights for a year cant take that away from you, and I am not going to say if, ,now I not only watch film I grade the line s play , what they took away from us is what they always try to take away from us they just did a better job this year ,what they didn't take away are the same 3 plays they never take away, and our fullbacks in the past exploit it to the tune of 200 yards a game, because of injury we were not able to take advantage of what they gave us, to Robbinsvilles credit they took away this years strength's, as far as you returning 95% of your offense, that would be in players only, I would say you lose 95% of your offensive production.

We return our whole line and our best tackler or 2nd best. Our fastest running back will return and all but one WR. Dont care if you dont give us a chance or not. No one gave us a chance this year. Every big game we was the underdog to all you expert pickers. No matter what next years out come is we did things this year that robbinsville has never done. No SMC team has went 16-0 except Rville. Black Knights 13 titles= BK13.

We return our whole line and our best tackler or 2nd best. Our fastest running back will return and all but one WR. Dont care if you dont give us a chance or not. No one gave us a chance this year. Every big game we was the underdog to all you expert pickers. No matter what next years out come is we did things this year that robbinsville has never done. No SMC team has went 16-0 except Rville. Black Knights 13 titles= BK13.
didnt say you had no chance , just gonna be tough replacing 11 and 3 , plus I believe I was the one said at the start of the year said you were sandbagging

Reactions: BK13T-$
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. Rville lost most of their offensive production.
........nevermind,I was going to try and make a logical point to you.But,by now I realize it is a waste of time.

We return our whole line and our best tackler or 2nd best. Our fastest running back will return and all but one WR. Dont care if you dont give us a chance or not. No one gave us a chance this year. Every big game we was the underdog to all you expert pickers. No matter what next years out come is we did things this year that robbinsville has never done. No SMC team has went 16-0 except Rville. Black Knights 13 titles

eek.r191677.gif
Cool story bro!
This post was edited on 3/11 12:08 AM by NC nole fan

Robbinsville has done another thing Murphy and Swain hasn't done to my knowledge.Lost to the same team 9 years in a row.My apologies to the rest of the Robbinsville faithful,BK makes it tough on Robbinsville on these boards.

Have not lost to Murphy 9 years in a row. Also we played schedule was hard the harder side of all 1a schools. But yes we might have lost a game or 2 on Murphys schedule. But its not like we had a cake walk. Also Robbinsville in non con. was not as good as Rville later in the season so you can throw Dade and Rabun out the widow.

Originally posted by dogtuff:

as far as you returning 95% of your offense, that would be in players only, I would say you lose 95% of your offensive production.
Hit it right on the head.

I didnt say we return 95% of our offense.

We return our leading receiver, Starting fullback and starting line. T.E.,RB, QB, and one WR will be gone on offense.
We have 2 Good running backs and T.E. QB is a better passer than this years but not as well at running. If Lane stays at running back we might be short on receivers if he go to WR we will be alittle short at running back. We will be okay if we have enough good receiver so lane can run the ball.

Robbinsville 4th you say. Okay we will go with that.

Here is a shocker for everyone. BK is missing the point trying to be made here again. I don't think I have seen anyone say Robbinsville won't be good next year. Are they going to be as good as they were this year? Not even close. Dogtuff was just saying that 95% of your offensive production from the last couple of years will be gone. That will be some very big shoes to fill. Will the Black Knights have players next year? Sure and they will be fine. But if you don't think you guys won't miss what yall had this year, you are dumber than you sound most of the time.

No I didnt. I think it could be a three way tie. Robbinsville will return the best line in the SMC. I think that alone would keep us in the mix. Murphy will be alittle down and Swain a little better at most positions. I think we are right there with both and we have swain at Big Oaks. Robbinsville over swain the LAST game of the season. Murphy over Robbinsville and Swain over Murphy. Then Rosman, Cherokee, Andrews and Then Hayesville.

Gal. I never said that. You do that all the time DA.

BK, I think you're being glass-half-full here, which a good fan should do. But saying you only lose a QB, RB, TE, and WR and bring everybody else back is technically true but understates how much those guys meant to your offense. You guys will return a lot of beef on the line, but 3800 rushing yards is tough to replace at such a small school. Plus the tight end you lost was like 6-5 260 and moved pretty well for his size, and the WR you lose was the top receiver yardage-wise by a good margin (I guess when you say you return your top receiver you mean number of receptions?). I think Rville will be good again but not what this year's team was.

No I didnt. I think it could be a three way tie. Robbinsville will return the best line in the SMC. I think that alone would keep us in the mix. Murphy will be alittle down and Swain a little better at most positions. I think we are right there with both and we have swain at Big Oaks. Robbinsville over swain the LAST game of the season. Murphy over Robbinsville and Swain over Murphy. Then Rosman, Cherokee, Andrews and Then Hayesville.

Gal. I never said that. You do that all the time DA.
Good lord BK...is your temper tantrum over. I never said you said anything. You act like a fricken little kid on the playground anytime someone challenges you. On the other thread you were in a pissing contest over who had the greener grass lmao! Now you call me a DA two threads in a row? Really mature. Might go down like you said next year but getting Swain at the end of the year right before playoffs, this year being the exception, is never a fun place to be but time will tell. And another very immature caps on LAST. You seriously have to be the saddest individual ever. No wonder those in the program you support thinks you are a joke.

You said it first you bigg Dumb A$s. LAST, LAST, DO something.

I probably missed the right post but it should work right here..

Congratulations to the entire Robbinsville Black Knight community. Congratulations to the Black Knight football team, coaches parents and fans. Great job! Love to see that championship trophy on this end of the state.

Now, thats alot better. Why didnt I think of that before.
What in the heck are you talking about? And I said what first? I just agreed with dogtuff. Are you ok man? I mean seriously, you are not making nay sense...more so than usual.

Rville has to return to it's House of Horrors, AKA The Hill next season. The Dogs should be more than fine in that game. Some folks may be sleeping on Murphy for next season but this fan is more than optimistic. Swain will be very good and Rosman will be a handful to.

Here's how I see it right now:

1).Swain County-The Maroondevils were very young this year, but will be a seasoned and experienced team next year when the season begins with a lot of key players back including WR/DB Jordan Cody who will be one of the premier players in the SMC, next season IMO...The intangible for me in placing the Maroondevils first is the fact that this year's team went on the road in the playoffs, and beat 2 teams that most thought they would have a tough time beating....But not only did the Maroondevils beat both Mount Airy and Whiteville, but they beat both teams in impressive fashion, handing the Bears their first shutout loss since the 90's, while beating a Wolfpack team with a dynamic RB that was playing their best football of the season....A feat that was accomplished by a young team that was without their defensive and offensive leader McCoy who was hampered with injuries at the end of the regular season...This team grew up this year, and will be a load for anybody next year....

2).Murphy-The Bulldogs will still be plenty tough with McCrae getting more comfortable after starting the last half of the season...Not to mention, the Bulldogs will be stacked at the QB position with both Curtis and Lovingood returning....The Bulldogs will definitely miss Puccio, Johnson,Wiley, Loudermilk and the Bailey boys on defense, so it might take a while for that unit to come together next season, but the Bulldog offense will still be plenty tough to handle, right from the start IMO...The Bulldogs also get both Rosman and Robbinsville at "the hill" next year, which also gives Murphy a decided advantage at finishing behind Swain County who they will travel to face next year...

3).Rosman or Robbinsville-Tigers return all but 4 seniors from this year's team, and return the senior trio of QB Josh Rice, RB Tanner Green who was hurt for most of this season, and RB Gage Orr who rushed for over 1500yds this year....Tigers also return most of their offensive and defensive lines....Robbinsville will have as much or more size than any team in the conference....What the Black Knights will not have is a dual threat QB with the capabilities of Matheson who was a nightmare for opposing defenses....Losing the RB the calibre of Cruz Galaviz, will also be kid whose going to be tough to replace, but Lane Millsaps is a blazer and Hemphill will be a load next year for sure in the backfield, behind that big line....I expect the 3rd place finish will likely be determined when Robbinsville travels to Rosman, but a Wildcard does loom that could make things even more interesting and that is Cherokee....

5).I think most of us SMC fans knew that Kent Briggs was going to make a difference, and change the fortunes of the Braves' football program, and that trend is likely to continue next season as well....The injury bug really bit Cherokee late in the season last year, and they lost some of that momentum that was gained earlier in the season....The Braves return leading tackler in LBer Keenan Panther along with fellow LBer Logan Teesateskie, and most of the rest of the team....Like I mentioned above, both Robbinsville and Rosman have to make the trip to the Reservation next year, so the Braves will be in position to pull a surprise or two and if they improve as much next season as they did this year: Then, it's certainly not improbable for them to take that next step IMO...We all know that there will always be talent in Cherokee, and they now have the type coach who will know how to use that talent, while also getting more of the Cherokee kids to come out for the team...Will be interesting to watch what happens in year 2 for Coach Kent Briggs...

6 & 7).Andrews behind some great senior leadership at the end of this season, was playing their best football of the year, winning 2 of their final 3 games....The Wildcats lose QB Jacob Moore and tough as nails LBer/RB Jacob Whitaker along with Bristol Brockwell and a couple big ole' lineman, and all those guys will be tough to replace...The Wildcats do return some decent size, but will have to travel to Hayesville which should be much improved next year if the Leek kid returns?...Think he was injured for most of this season, but he will likely be one of the premier players in the SMC next year if healthy IMO, and that might give the Yellowjackets an edge over the Wildcats when all is said and done?...

As the offseason begins, I want to first wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and look forward to the 2015 season next year in the SMC....Again, congrats to the Robbinsville Black Knights on their memorable 2014 season!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Better watch out for Cherokee. Their young players were very talented. They started 2 freshman lineman on varsity this past year with two more being sophs. Briggs from what I'm hear finally has a bunch of the kids in the weight room. I'm looking for a nice improvement this year.

This post was edited on 3/1 1:34 PM by BravesGWY

Lane will be good if he puts any size on. I think Tank will be a real threat next year. He is already getting bigger and faster after the season ended. We will be all right at RB and QB. T.E., WRs will be better. QB should have alot of time to throw the ball behind a line that will average about 265. Defense will not be as good though.

Write it down. Robbinsville WILL NOT finish below 3rd in the SMC next year and I really dont see the Black Knights finishing below 2nd.

This post was edited on 1/8 11:26 AM by Deana_King

Glad to hear the Braves are putting time in with the weights. Coach Briggs will get that team back to some prominence. Enjoyed seeing them improve in 2014. Along with WCU going 7-5, it was a great year. Go Braves and Go Catamounts!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT