ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper out of the West

Who you got to be surprise team to be in Finals in the West not in top 4? MA, ROBB, ER, DRAUGHN

• Starmount

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Swain

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Murphy

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Hayesville

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Mt Heritage

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Thomasville

• N Rowan

• Mitchell

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
I like to follow 1A ball even though my Jackets are 2A. I've seen North Rowan this year when FH defeated them 41-13. Not sure how deep 1A is but North Rowan isn't a bad team. One of their problems against us was depth. They only had 25 players total suited so they have many playing alot on both sides of the ball and they were gassed by the half. They still have talent so I would definitely keep an eye out for them. Not sure they'd make the west finals but they could give some of these teams a fit on a good night.

I like to follow 1A ball even though my Jackets are 2A. I've seen North Rowan this year when FH defeated them 41-13. Not sure how deep 1A is but North Rowan isn't a bad team. One of their problems against us was depth. They only had 25 players total suited so they have many playing alot on both sides of the ball and they were gassed by the half. They still have talent so I would definitely keep an eye out for them. Not sure they'd make the west finals but they could give some of these teams a fit on a good night.
thanks for the info!

Reactions: FHJackets90
Based on strength of schedule here are my sleepers in no particular order. ER SOS #7, Tville SOS #3, Murphy SOS #9, N Rowan SOS #8, Mitchell SOS #31, Swain SOS #10, Starmount SOS #23 and Draughn SOS #32 will be playing one another to get a chance at making the 3rd/4th rounds for a travel date to MA and Rville. Does it mean a weaker schedule equals a team being overhyped and a stronger schedule team being overlooked? Could be but based on SOS, these teams should be battling one of the others in 2nd-3rd rounds fighting for a chance to meet MA and Rville in the 4th round.

Based on strength of schedule here are my sleepers in no particular order. ER SOS #7, Tville SOS #3, Murphy SOS #9, N Rowan SOS #8, Mitchell SOS #31, Swain SOS #10, Starmount SOS #23 and Draughn SOS #32 will be playing one another to get a chance at making the 3rd/4th rounds for a travel date to MA and Rville. Does it mean a weaker schedule equals a team being overhyped and a stronger schedule team being overlooked? Could be but based on SOS, these teams should be battling one of the others in 2nd-3rd rounds fighting for a chance to meet MA and Rville in the 4th round.
Yeah I think original poster had ER in their top four and therefore not by definition in sleeper category. Think that might be why they are not an option to vote for? That’s ok though. Nobody knows anything about them anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah I think original poster had ER in their top four and therefore not by definition in sleeper category. Think that might be why they are not an option to vote for? That’s ok though. Nobody knows anything about them anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I got wrapped up in the stats I guess. I certainly consider ER a top 4 in the West already and was basing all the sleeper stuff off of MA and Rville being the 1 and 2 in whatever order and everyone else a sleeper. Lots of football to be played and some great playoff games coming in November.

MaxPreps has robbinsville #1 sos in 1a
The updated MaxPreps will be out tomorrow

Simmons has rville at #1 also but new rankings won't come out until Thursday or Friday

You can also look at massey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT