ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Mt. Pleasant

7 to Reidsville's 4...considering we are only 3 away now....closing the gap by 3 is pretty considerable.

2016 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A
2018 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A
2019 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A

If not for subclasses, the gap would already be closed. No one has benefited by subclasses more than Reidsville as all 22 of their titles have come when there was a rival classification with its own champion that they didn't have to play.
Oh Great One, please explain to me and everyone the subclasses, how it worked, and explain how the above would have closed the gap. And don't be, as you so often are, assumptive. After your explanation, lets discuss ......realignment.

Oh Great One, please explain to me and everyone the subclasses, how it worked, and explain how the above would have closed the gap. And don't be, as you so often are, assumptive. After your explanation, lets discuss ......realignment.
Most everyone knows about the subclasses but for you:

NCHSAA vs WNCHSAA
AA vs A

Two state champions per similar size enrollments, not a unified state champion per similar size enrollments.

1972-2001 there was only one champion per similar size enrollment(class). Reidsville never sniffed a championship game. 2002 comes and subclasses return and guess who finally makes it back to a championship game?

If history repeated itself (Shelby leading the series 4-1), Shelby would have more than likely won head to head those 3 years where both were considered 2A champions meaning Shelby would still be sitting at 19 and Reidsville would have 3 less. 19-19.

Reactions: 2nd To None
You could not answer without assuming. That's why I phrased my request to you, to not be assumptive. On one hand, I can see why you think history repeats itself, on the other hand I can't understand your thinking at all. History does repeat itself sometime, it did last year in the second round didn't it. A lot of money is made and lost in Vegas on "more than likely".

You could not answer without assuming. That's why I phrased my request to you, to not be assumptive. On one hand, I can see why you think history repeats itself, on the other hand I can't understand your thinking at all. History does repeat itself sometime, it did last year in the second round didn't it. A lot of money is made and lost in Vegas on "more than likely".

Can you buy tickets at the gate or do you have to buy them 0nline?
Both are options. Save a dollar purchasing at the gate, though. “Online” actually chargers a dollar fee. Only benefit is, you avoid the gate line purchasing online, but sadly, the lines are a nonissue. Most times, you’re not even standing in a line at all.

Last edited:
Lol. Honestly it’s too much football to be played for us to be yapping at each other this much
Indeed! And honestly, 2020 and 2022 humbled the heck out of me. I absolutely do think we’re capable of beating anyone, but on the same token, I keep things in perspective, too.

You guys and obviously Monroe have my fullest attention, but I don’t know why Salisbury is suddenly flying under the radar, and despite what Burns looked like last week, I expect them to play better than what they showed last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
Both are options. Save a dollar purchasing at the gate, though. “Online” actually chargers a dollar fee. Only benefit is, you avoid the gate line purchasing online, but sadly, the lines are a nonissue. Most times, you’re not even standing in a line at all.
Thanks, I am a season ticket holder so have not bought tickets this year.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Same could be said for Shelby by avoiding Monroe and Reidsville on their side of bracket.
No they just didnt have a Choice after way we finished season.
But we havent avoided them, we shall see one if we both make it to western finals...

Reactions: Lion Attack
Mr keyboard warrior....mr undercover, u will never know me or know who i pull for.....

Indeed! And honestly, 2020 and 2022 humbled the heck out of me. I absolutely do think we’re capable of beating anyone, but on the same token, I keep things in perspective, too.

You guys and obviously Monroe have my attention, but I don’t know why Salisbury is suddenly flying under the radar, and despite what Burns looked like last week, I expect them to play better than what they showed last week.
I admire that about you keeping things in perspective. That's you, me and others like us making sure to keep things in perspective so much, that we srart yapping about a possible event that may or may not happen and it's still weeks down the road. I am sure we will be ready to nail this all down when the time comes. But what the heck are we going to be talking about if neither of us makes it? I guess we will find out if we can really keep it all in perspective. Win or lose!

You guys and obviously Monroe have my fullest attention, but I don’t know why Salisbury is suddenly flying under the radar, and despite what Burns looked like last week, I expect them to play better than what they showed last week.
I agree about us but we have got to be healthy. We do not have the depth for injuries like we have had. Shelby took over in the second half and we simply didn’t have the fire power to keep up. If we can get healthy I like our chances to compete and see what we can do.

Chop i invite u , if we go deep into rounds i invite u to come to game and sit around me Shelby Lion and few others
DOnt be afraid to let us decover who u are...

Aint gonna lie, it would be cool to have old chopper hang out at a game, I really like that rusty old man HA

But we'd all have to meet him at the field house gate and probably carry him to the stands.....He'd be the one on the walker with the toupee and drool on his shirt....

I think our fourth time playing them since 2007

I expect the same result (A Lion Victory)

I doubt there is a tiger fan one out there, but just in case here are some season stats so far (from our official Stat gents the Shermans) if any of them Tiger fans) or future opponents want to know

Shelby has scored 501 points so far which is 50.1 ppg and the defense has given up 184 points or 18.4 per game.....

Passing

204 Attempts
133 Completions (65%)
2139 yards
34 Td's with 8 INTS
2139 Yards
16.1 per completion
213.9 Yards Per Game

Rushing

250 attempts
1863 total yards
7.5 per attempt
31 Td's
186.3 Yards Per Game

Total Offense

4002 Total yards
454 total plays
8.8 yards per play
400.2 Yard Per Game

Defense

Rushing

601 total yards
2.1 yards per carry
11 TD's
60.1 Yards per game

Passing

1422 total yards
13.2 per completion
13 TD's
142.2 per game

TOTAL DEFENSE

2023 Yards
492 Plays
4.1 Yards per play
202.3 Total yards per game.
You are probably correct. I also expect Shelby to win. You’ve got to realize the stats you posted are greatly exaggerated. Playing T Jefferson, BC and the Luke any decent team will have similar numbers.

By the way I’m a tiger fan. A SP fan first and a tiger fan next.
In 2017 the 7 - 0 game I was screaming watch the fake as loud as I could. MP didn’t hear me or didn’t believe me. A stop there could have changed the outcome.

I agree about us but we have got to be healthy. We do not have the depth for injuries like we have had. Shelby took over in the second half and we simply didn’t have the fire power to keep up. If we can get healthy I like our chances to compete and see what we can do.
Gotta look at the game inside the game. Some of those throws that were off by mere inches may connect next time. Our DBs were clearly beaten. Also, Izay’s interception was huge! Burns was on the move for a possible score. Had Shelby gotten behind by two scores, we would have gotten too damn pass happy, in my opinion, which would have taken Tate out of the game, making him less of a factor. The kid took over the game, and rushed for close to 200 yards. I was obviously happy and hype after the Shelby win, but I wouldn’t want to see you guys again.

This Shelby team has to have balance, preferably a little more running, in my opinion.
I like the young quarterback a lot. The kid is a pro style quarterback, and he’s going to rewrite the SHS record book. He has the highest of ceilings. But, he is so young, and can be turnover prone at times. I think Daylan Fuller is the last quarterback to start as a sophomore for Shelby, about 12 years ago.

We all know what Darquez Lee did for Shelby his senior season, the greatest single season ever at that position for SHS. I can’t remember whether it was his Junior or sophomore year, I’m certain he was a junior, though. Anyway, RJ George had gotten concussed versus Crest the previous week, and missed the first game of the playoffs. Lee started, and he was so ineffective that Shelby pretty much went to the wildcat that game with RaeKwon Washington. Maturity at that quarterback position matters.

Gotta look at the game inside the game. Some of those throws that were off by mere inches may connect next time. Our DBs were clearly beaten. Also, Izay’s interception was huge! Burns was on the move for a possible score. Had Shelby gotten behind by two scores, we would have gotten too damn pass happy, in my opinion, which would have taken Tate out of the game, making him less of a factor. The kid took over the game, and rushed for close to 200 yards. I was obviously happy and hype after the Shelby win, but I wouldn’t want to see you guys again.

This Shelby team has to have balance, preferably a little more running, in my opinion.
I like the young quarterback a lot. The kid is a pro style quarterback, and he’s going to rewrite the SHS record book. He has the highest of ceilings. But, he is so young, and can be turnover prone at times. I think Daylan Fuller is the last quarterback to start as a sophomore for Shelby, about 12 years ago.

We all know what Darquez Lee did for Shelby his senior season, the greatest single season ever at that position for SHS. I can’t remember whether it was his Junior or sophomore year, I’m certain he was a junior, though. Anyway, RJ George had gotten concussed versus Crest the previous week, and missed the first game of the playoffs. Lee started, and he was so ineffective that Shelby pretty much went to the wildcat that game with RaeKwon Washington. Maturity at that quarterback position matters.
Not a bad look from you on the game at all. I got into not making excuses for getting beat so bad I didn't allow myself to see what could have been. We did miss a lot of throws that could have resulted in 7. The two drives into the red zone with no points hurt big time. We have the tools but we have to do better on the run defense. Shelby coaches have to see what is there. The run game is lethal for them right now. If they can establish the run game while having the receivers they do it will be hard to stop them. You nailed it with balance. If Shelby is balanced and does not become one dimensional by choice they are dangerous. PLP has the leading rusher in the state in 2a I believe so we have our own test tomorrow. No better time to see who is going to step up and take over. The difference from last year is we were riding high off a big win going into the playoffs and then seeing Shelby again. Maybe we got a little humbled in areas last week.

That is something I meant to say in the Burns thread - Are Shelby DB's that bad, or are Burns receivers abnormally fast? We were beat on nearly every play.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That is something I meant to say in the Burns thread - Are Shelby DB's that bad, or are Burns receivers abnormally fast? We were beat on nearly every play.
Despite the 3 ints, they were torched most of the time, burnt to a crisp. I suspect when the competition heightens more in the playoffs, you will see Bridges more at DB. I wouldn’t mind seeing the freshman somewhere, too. I understand him learning a new playbook and scheme, but get that kid out there on the field, offensively and in the secondary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT