ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby versus East Lincoln 7 on 7

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
I've never put much stock into 7 on 7s and scrimmages, glorified flag football and practices, respectively, events Shelby traditionally doesn't always look good in, but Shelby defeated East Lincoln in the championship of a 7 on 7 tournament they both participated in today, avenging an earlier loss to the Mustangs. Both of these teams will be great this season. Shelby will simply out athlete some opposition this season.

Last edited:
I wasn't there, someone kept me updated. I was told the Surratt brothers are flat out studs. I was told Jayden Borders scored the winning touchdown for Shelby in dramatic fashion and dunked the goal post afterwards. He's bulked up some and will not be stopped this season. I was also told that BJ Emmons of Freedom is huge, and he's an amazing athlete. We will be dealing w/ him week 1 of this season.

Last edited:
Sounds like some great action for a 7 on 7.Emmons is a stud and will be tough for our inexperienced d line.

One of Erwin coaches a friend of mine..
He texted tonight said they went 5-2...lost to us but they beat East Lincoln too...he thinks Shelby will win it all again...And said they will be fine (Erwin) just no depth....

Lots of talk about fast WRs and a better offense than last year, but have not seen a mention of who will be throwing the ball?

Darquez Lee will probably be the starter.He started JV in tenth grade and led JV's to conference championship.Last year he was Georges back up.Big kid with good arm.Bottom line it will be tough to replace a two year starter that went 10 and 0 in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT