ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby Move

bolt903

May 30, 2015
What's up guys?! I have heard a rumor going around that Shelby will be moving up to 3A before next season. Is this just a rumor or what? Didn't think that they could move up or down until the next realignment

What's up guys?! I have heard a rumor going around that Shelby will be moving up to 3A before next season. Is this just a rumor or what? Didn't think that they could move up or down until the next realignment

Don't know where you heard it but it's not true. If they had asked to play up this year I doubt they get the request in the middle of the alignment period. I doubt very seriously they will move up in 2017 either unless they ask to play up. Don't see them gaining 200 students In just one year. You would've thought they would've gained enough students from Crest after the merger a decade ago to be 3A (when they moved what was then Elizabeth Elementary's old students to Shelby) but it hasn't happened. Maybe one day.

Schools can request a change of classification at the halfway point of the alignment. Any changes for this alignment period were voted on at the fall Board of Directors meeting to be instituted in the fall of 2015-2016 school year.

Shelby did not apply for a change of classification or conference.

Cardinal Gibbons, the Raleigh Parochial, was allowed to move to 4A from 3A. Their numbers are now 4A, the current conference voted to allow the move and the new conference voted for their membership. Concord Jay Robinson moved from 4A to 3A with their request based on a significant drop in enrollment since the last realignment and both conferences involved approving the move. Oxford Webb requested a move from 3A to 2A but the Board of Directors denied the request.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT