ADVERTISEMENT

Robbinsville at Eastern Randolph

What an unreal game. ER defense came up huge in that last minute. Cutler Adams is a WARRIOR. I'll add more tomorrow.
Good gracious.........where to begin? This post might be all over the place.

I think I'll start with Robbinsville. The Black Knights played a whale of a game. They saw a weakness in ER's defense and they were exploiting it. They ran the ball on ER better than anyone has all year (Eastern Alamance maybe the lone exception). R'ville running backs/receivers also made some great catches last night. As a whole, I think R'ville had the best "hands" of any team I witnessed all year.

Cutler Adams and Kage Williams were spectacular. Those guys played like their lives depended on it. I might have come away more impressed with Adams as a leader than actual player. When R'ville was down at half, he came around to every single player and was firing them up. Adams single-handedly "willed" the Black Knights back into the ball game. His awesome punt return gave R'ville a good jolt of momentum.

What ended up dooming the Black Knights was special team play. The downed punt at their own 6 and the "Charlie Brown" punt in the fourth quarter to give ER short field were absolute killers. ER ended up scoring the winning touchdown as a result.

What might have been.......Robbinsville dropped a wide open halfback pass in the second quarter. If that had been completed, we could be talking about a completely different result.

One more thing......I know it's real easy to "bleacher coach" but I'm really surprised R'ville basically went away from getting the ball to Adams those last couple of minutes.

Now for the Wildcats....

Awesome, awesome defensive stand in those last couple of minutes!! Especially after that ridiculous fumble (Cats....don't ever do that again.) ER also did a good, good job defending two-point conversions.

Magnificent games from Ervodd Cassidy and Pierce Leonard. Cassidy ran for three touchdowns (including the winning touchdown up the gut). Cassidy had some nice, nice runs. Leonard made a plethora of touchdown-saving tackles last night. I can't get over how well Leonard has played the last two games. He's basically been an afterthought all season.

It was great seeing Julian Brooks and Jani Norwood on the defensive line. Both of those guys got into the R'ville backfield and made some timely plays.

Awesome kickoff return by DJ Thomas in the second quarter! Just as awesome was the blocking by ER once Thomas reached midfield. That was a thing of beauty.

Speaking of awesome, Stratton Barwick's improvised throw to complete the two-point conversion was the bee's knees.

Despite all this, the secret MVP of tonight's game might have been punter AJ Randall. Randall has been more than adequate filling in for starting punter Devonte Brooks. That guy had some great, great punts.

Only thing I didn't like about ER's performance last night was the fumble and the way they started the second half. That first drive was embarrassing. Looked like a "walk-through".

Sorry man, my emotions got the best of me at the game..Just hated we got beat, we played our hearts out, We were definitely the better team. My apologies, you are correct.

Robbinsville 479 yds.
Eastern Randolph 194 yds
Not definitely the better team. Those teenagers of yours played a great game and were extremely classy in defeat. They definitely didn’t choke.

Great, classy posts you made there CBH. I was wondering about the final sequence of plays for Robbinsville and how it went.
See Chute has made those posts after almost every game all year. Recognizes players from both teams who did well as well as unsung guys. Always very thorough.
But apparently I’m the only one who reads them because nobody knows anything about ER 🤷‍♂️

One more thing....

Robbinsville has a classy program. It's very refreshing to see a team just go about their business without taunting or jaw-jacking every other play.

Matter of fact, I'm starting to become a fan of SMC football as a whole. Those guys play with a lot of heart.
Class act comment Chute. Good luck to you and kidds boys the rest of the way. We love our brand of football. We take a lot of pride in the product our team and coaches put on the field year in and year out. I knew this would be a close game. Knew ER wasn’t gonna lay an egg like they didn’t last year. I’m sure we will meet again in the future.

Can a fan not do it live on their Facebook page.
Our Mayor has done several this year especially on away games. I know this is the playoffs but I don’t see how the NCHSAA can regulate a fan from streaming the game on their own Facebook live page. Maybe that’s the catch because Kevin is the media
It goes against NCHSAA regulations "during playoffs/championship" ONLY

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
They can't, not even from the bleachers ?
That is what I believe. A few of years back, I attempted to go LIVE on Facebook from the bleachers, and the principal of the opposing team graciously explained it to me. In essence, all Facebook sharing will begin, and if the NCHSAA catches it and there are any fines, they will be traced to the original poster. Personally, I think it's silly.

Congratulations to ER.
ER did enough to play again this Friday.

Congratulations to Robbinsville for having a good season and overcoming adversity all season. I can't remember a Robbinsville team that went through so much in a season and still finished strong. If our young line next season wants it bad enough we will be much improved.
If we don't get a kicker we will be in trouble in the big games though.

Last edited:
One more thing....

Robbinsville has a classy program. It's very refreshing to see a team just go about their business without taunting or jaw-jacking every other play.

Matter of fact, I'm starting to become a fan of SMC football as a whole. Those guys play with a lot of heart.

Most SMC teams are the same.
I'm counting down for next year. Should be better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT