ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville @ High Point Andrews

Dionte Neal is back ... caught a TD pass and converted a 2-point conversion .. Rams lead 28-0 near end of first half.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
37-7 at half ... here's some stats:
Cobb 6 carries 41 yards
Widerman 5 carries, 17 yards, TD
Al Lee 13 of 21 passing for 172 yards, 3 TDs
Flippen 4 catches , 76 yards, 1 TD
Harrison 3 catches, 35 yards
Neal 2 catches, 24 yards, 1 TD
Sharpe 1 reception, 18-yard TD

Andrews averaging 26.5 points per game coming into this one .. Rams defense must be playing well.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Overall, I think we are looking better and better. Still a little concerned on our Run D and O Line has lapses. With everyone healthy, the number of weapons teams will have to cover is a big task.
Here's a interesting fact... Flip tied School record for KO Returns for TD in season at 3 in only 5 games.
Al Lee will break career passing mark next week of 7347 yd. He'd for nearly 30 years and can break career TDs of 107. He stands at 97.

Overall, I think we are looking better and better. Still a little concerned on our Run D and O Line has lapses. With everyone healthy, the number of weapons teams will have to cover is a big task.
Here's a interesting fact... Flip tied School record for KO Returns for TD in season at 3 in only 5 games.
Al Lee will break career passing mark next week of 7347 yd. He'd for nearly 30 years and can break career TDs of 107. He stands at 97.

Run defense is probably better than people think. J9 is a true safety, Paul being healthy helps a lot. . I didn’t expect neal to play as much as he did being the first game back, but glad he was able to.

Walkertown was reportedly missing several players in the Reidsville game. And Reidsville certainly knows how that can have an impact.

Eastern Alamance losing to Southern Alamance last night hurts Reidsville RPI but the Rockingham win over Northeast Guilford helps it.

Outside of Reidsville the conference is not very good. The McMichael vs West Stokes last week West was without their running back and was down 24-0 in the third quarter. Tied it up at 24 with few minutes left and McMichael scored TD to win. Pretty competitive for 2nd place but none of these teams are a threat to upset anyone in the playoffs.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
With EA losing to Burlington William and SA. I’ll be surprised if we get a #1 seed. It’s a few good games going on next week that will determine a lot as far as play off seeding

If anyone pushed to have the Bulldogs removed, it was after the referee association said they ould no longer work Bul

They were really bad. Running back is tough though.
Reidsville conference has been god awful the last 15 plus years, anyone that thought or said HP andrews would be competitive is a fool...Looking at the RPI it might be better for Reidsville to be a 2 seed rather then a 1, the 1 seed if it plays out will have to beat salisbury and monroe....

Reidsville conference has been god awful the last 15 plus years, anyone that thought or said HP andrews would be competitive is a fool...Looking at the RPI it might be better for Reidsville to be a 2 seed rather then a 1, the 1 seed if it plays out will have to beat salisbury and monroe....
We like our chances. Give us the 1 seed any day

We like our chances. Give us the 1 seed any day

Last edited:
Here are some stats from the game:
First Downs
: Reidsville 27, Andrews 8
Total Yardage: Reidsville 406, Andrews 112
Offensive Plays: R 58, A 36

Individual
Rushing
: Reidsville - Cobb 9-59, Miller 8-49, Mansfield 4-35; Andrews - McManus 8-29 (14 yards in losses)
Passing: Reidsville - Lee 18-29-0, 237 yards, 3 TD; Andrews - Hackstall 5-11-0, 45 yards
Receiving: Reidsville - Flippen 5-87, 1 TD; Jones 4-44, Harrison 4-43, Neal 2-24, 1 TD. Andrews: Divens 3-24.
KO Return: Flippen 2-116, 1 TD
Tackles for Loss: Gentler 2-11, Widerman 1-3, Mansfield 1-4, Horne 1-3, Burson 1-1, Rhodes 1-4, V Galloway 1-4.
Sacks: Burson 1-8

I think Salisbury and Monroe are probably the toughest outs. We have some vets and now healthy so I think we can do it .

With EA losing to Burlington William and SA. I’ll be surprised if we get a #1 seed. It’s a few good games going on next week that will determine a lot as far as play off seeding
There are hundreds of games that make up the RPI for every team. Unless you know how all of the games went, it is useless to speculate about how any single game or games will determine the rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT