ADVERTISEMENT

Red Raider Scrimmage

I was told SP along with Bandys would be AT South Iredell on the 11th... Not sure about the Independence date???

MaxPreps list Independence on the 11th but I also know South Point, South Iredell and Bandys' have traditionally gotten together for a scrimmage. Hibriten has been part of that group on and off.

Confirmed today. South Iredell will host 4 team scrimmage on the 11th. South Point, Bandys and NE Guilford.

Reactions: seadog28
Sounds like some good competition... Anyone going? Maybe we could get some feed back on how the teams look. I'm sure SP and Bandy's will be pretty good. Not sure about NE or SI. Haven't heard too much about either or.

Sounds like some good competition... Anyone going? Maybe we could get some feed back on how the teams look. I'm sure SP and Bandy's will be pretty good. Not sure about NE or SI. Haven't heard too much about either or.
SP totally dominated NEG and Bandys but the storm ended play before we faced SI. Actually it's was a bit boring as neither opponent could compete with SP.
I expect Hibriten to be more competitive Friday.

Reactions: SI Valhalla
Raider defense looked good. NEG completed one long TD pass, but otherwise was totally stifled by the Raider D. Bandy's could not get past the line of scrimmage. SP moved the ball steadily with Etherton doing a lot of the damage. Goo played against NEG and threw some nice passes and had a nice 50 yd TD run. Wilson and Lee QB's against Bandys with Wilson doing a solid job. Neither were significant competion and hate that we missed SI as they looked like a better team.

SP- SI, I believe would have been a fun match up. Hate the weather didn't allow them to play. SP was explosive on offense as usual. Looked like they simply out matched both defenses. That being said, so did SI. Both SI and SP's offense moved the ball at will against both teams... SI played good defense as well. I only saw one defensive series for SP.. I don't believe either opponent scored against any SI defense..(1 JV TD allowed). Help me if I am wrong. Tough to watch both ways. They (SP & SI) just never matched up against each other.

Heard SI looked like the best team out there. That came from a Lincolnton guy. Nevertheless i don't see why South Point and South Iredell don't have a regular season series setup up. I hear it basically a mini rivalry every year you guys scrimmage

How can you have a 50yd TD run when you start at the 40 to the goal line? Seems that the SP crowd must have had on some red blinders. I wanted to see SI & SP hook it up. It would have been good.

Definitely heard SI was the most impressive team there but i know there's alot more SP posters on here than SI (20 to 3) but why not mixed it up in the regular season

How can you have a 50yd TD run when you start at the 40 to the goal line? Seems that the SP crowd must have had on some red blinders. I wanted to see SI & SP hook it up. It would have been good.
LOL! They're the biggest bunch of blowhards outside of Crest fans on the planet.

Reactions: Crestuff
South Point and South Iredell both looked really good last night...... But honestly, neither faced any stiff competition. It's hard to say who looked better; both did what they wanted. SI threw the ball really well with #13 and SP run at will with the best weapon only carrying the ball twice. Draw any conclusion you want...... they both looked pretty good for the first scrimmage.

South Point and South Iredell both looked really good last night...... But honestly, neither faced any stiff competition. It's hard to say who looked better; both did what they wanted. SI threw the ball really well with #13 and SP run at will with the best weapon only carrying the ball twice. Draw any conclusion you want...... they both looked pretty good for the first scrimmage.

Sounds like it will be a long year for the other two. (NEG and Bandy's). Although neither may face what they faced during conference play. Well maybe NEG, their conference is pretty stiff.

Spot on SPRedRaider
No one from SP, SI, Lincolnton, or Statesville could have watched both ends of the field at the same time. South Point dominated both opponents on both sides of the ball and obviously SI did the same.

Funny is the fact that Shelby Crest chartered a bus load of coaches and fans to South Iredell to watch the Raiders scrimmage. With a little notice they were arriving in such numbers SI's concession could have stocked up on carp sandwiches, snuff and moonshine.

SP starters vs NE Guilford starters, SI starters vs Bandys starters, both blowouts. Next series was a mixed bag. I saw one touchdown pass by NE Guilford against SI. I would have liked to see a fresh NE Guilford team play SI. Lightening was fixin to strike for real between SP & SI if some DA could have seen that the storm was in Huntersville! So much for common sense. Both teams would have loved the competition and learned some stuff. Forget the pride.

I saw at least 1 member of the Crest staff & a couple others with Crest colors. I'm still trying to figure out where the Statesville backslappers are. Last year they were talking title aspirations but not this year when they are supposed to be better.lol

Somewhat of a picky comment, but it was the length of the field available to him. If that was 40, then OK it was 40. If the field were longer it might have been 80.

SP kept the offense very vanilla last night. Base option and a fair amount of passing. Probably due to the number of BullChargers in attendance. Lot of interest from them considering they have zero fear of the Raiders. Had thought about going to see FV and Crest tonight, but going to cut my grass and watch film of last year's playoff game against the CC BullChargers instead.

Very disappointing to hear my rams from NEG just completely bombed. Just can't believe we aren't competitive anymore... Smh...

Take it as a learning lesson. NE got blown out by SI and SP if I was the coach I would remind my players. "Do you like this feeling? Ok when we get back to Mcleansville we got work to do. Remember this day, remember this time, remember how bad we looked. Ok fellas time to go to work"

Absolutely would be a Coach Pursley speech in this scenario. I was there for the last SP meeting... 04'. We were the most competitive a NC team was against them all year by far... Just year in and year out a top team in the state... Always in the mix... I hope this coach can turn it around...

sp coaches said when he got hit he didn't have any feelings but there at the end he was getting feeling back slowly

SP scored once on full field. HHS had int they almost took back to the house. SP is very good and made HHS better.
Coondog says 8 TD's HHSgoodFAN says 1 TD. Sounds like Coondog is trying to convince us that his team is better than they actually are. Now that's FUNNY. Reality will set in real fast Friday.

Coondog says 8 TD's HHSgoodFAN says 1 TD. Sounds like Coondog is trying to convince us that his team is better than they actually are. Now that's FUNNY. Reality will set in real fast Friday.

I can't wait for that game. Can't wait to see if Crest can get a win on a good team without snapping the ball to Tre, handing the ball to Tre and throwing the ball to Tre. One of the most complete defenses I have ever seen and one of the most one dimensional offenses I have ever seen. I expect the same this year since the O barely showed up at the Jam without their work horse recruit, Mr Everything. Must be nice not to have to grow talent.

Pulling for SP here, but after seeing the scary size of all those Crest Recruits, I have my doubts. Good luck to both teams.

Yes Raiderality will set in. Keep under estimating those Raiders. That's worked out very well over the past 10 years. This will be one of those years when the horn sounds and Chargers are left scratching their heads wondering how in God's name did SP kick our arse. Mark it down. BRING IT!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT