ADVERTISEMENT

Pray for the Newton-Conover community please...

sogapirate1

Nov 30, 2004
Less than a year after the murder of educator Maggie Daniels, our community has suffered another tremendous loss with the passing of long-time principal, Kevin Campbell. Kevin has two young sons and his wife, Kim, works in an elementary school in the district. He was a GREAT man and exemplified what we like to call Red Devil Pride.

Reactions: 1RollTideinNC
He will be missed. He was a strong supporter of all the athletic teams and challenged the staff to excel academically for the students. School was dismissed for students and staff today to allow for grieving.

Kevin served the school district well. His accomplishments exceeded each goal set by the district and himself. May the lord be with wife Kim and his young boys. Stay strong Newton-Conover as we remember the great things Kevin did for the future of our children.

Kevin Campbell has been there for 10 state titles and has hired and backed every coach we have had. And as a newly christen angel he watched above as Newton-Conover came from behind to win another state title this afternoon in golf. Heaven has its greatest sports fan.

Kevin Campbell has been there for 10 state titles and has hired and backed every coach we have had. And as a newly christen angel he watched above as Newton-Conover came from behind to win another state title this afternoon in golf. Heaven has its greatest sports fan.
He was quite a joy to watch as a sports fan. During games he would get on refs when he saw bad calls. He was intense and wanted the best for our kids.

My last memory of our principal was at the state final four this year in wrestling. The ref who is not a fan of Newton was making some really crazy stalling calls and Kevin finally tired of the shenanigans and stood up and pointed at the ref and boldly scolded him from 5 feet away.

Loved that man's dedication to the programs. He was there everyday for every sport- girls, boys, baseball, football, wrestling, tennis, soccer, etc.. Sports at Newton may never be the same. Red Devil Pride.

My last memory of our principal was at the state final four this year in wrestling. The ref who is not a fan of Newton was making some really crazy stalling calls and Kevin finally tired of the shenanigans and stood up and pointed at the ref and boldly scolded him from 5 feet away.

Loved that man's dedication to the programs. He was there everyday for every sport- girls, boys, baseball, football, wrestling, tennis, soccer, etc.. Sports at Newton may never be the same. Red Devil Pride.
Haha! I was thinking specifically of that moment and a similar moment to it at a baseball game about a month ago when I made that post. All he wanted was for his kids to have a fair opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT