ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Will the Reidsville Offense Score on the Shelby Defense This Year?

Will Rams offense score on Golden Lions defense?

• Total voters

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
The past two years the Golden Lions defense has totally dominated the Rams offense, allowing zero TDs.

Assuming Shelby and Reidsville meet in the 2015 playoffs, which is a pretty good possibility, will the Rams offense finally score on the Golden Lions defense?

Mule the last two years we had a lot of experience up front on defense, that will change this year. Our strength imo to start out will be at LB and the secondary. On paper it looks like we may have to outscore some teams, but then again we may have some guys who step up. Not to take anything away from our defense the last two years but the last two Reidsville teams Shelby has faced did not have the athletes at the skill positions and at QB you have had in the past. Its to early to tell how this season is going to play out, but I hope we meet again.

The past two years the Golden Lions defense has totally dominated the Rams offense, allowing zero TDs.

Assuming Shelby and Reidsville meet in the 2015 playoffs, which is a pretty good possibility, will the Rams offense finally score on the Golden Lions defense?

Maybe you should write a book about it and send it to Raleigh.....the past two years have proved a little something something.....ahem...notably where the capital REALLY is.

Maybe you should write a book about it and send it to Raleigh.....the past two years have proved a little something something.....ahem...notably where the capital REALLY is.

The only thing the past two years has proved is that Shelby had some pretty damn good teams, and ya'll might have a 3rd this year... unless someone stops you from getting the elusive 3rd title in a row...just like the Rams did in 2007... same year that began our own run of 3 titles in a row... but since you are still bitter about that, I doubt you forgot.

Reactions: Goldram
I was riding through Shelby a couple weeks ago ... I'm amazed that it's a 2-A town. Lots of businesses (and every restaurant known to man) on that main drag. Lot bigger town than Reidsville (20,000 population to 14,000). Any reason the ADMs of the two schools put them in the same classification? Both great football towns .. that's for sure.

Last edited:
Two Schools in about a 7 miles from each other. Shelby gets the inner city students while Crest gets the rural students. Two schools both having great traditions. Reidsville also has a great tradition. We've been very fortunate the last few years to have very good defenses at the end of the season to go along with the offense.

Two Schools in about a 7 miles from each other. Shelby gets the inner city students while Crest gets the rural students. .
Very similar situation in Reidsville - Rockingham High is only 7 miles from Reidsville High. Rockingham, like Crest, is 3-A. Just seems there would be more students combined in the two neighboring schools since Cleveland County is quite a bit larger than Rockingham in population - 97,000 to 77,000.

TGT.... according to the latest population figures for the counties in NC.....Cleveland County is 97,440 and ROCKINGHAM COUNTY IS 92,664...don't know where you got those low figures for Rockingham Co....obviously very outdated..........................

TGT.... according to the latest population figures for the counties in NC.....Cleveland County is 97,440 and ROCKINGHAM COUNTY IS 92,664...don't know where you got those low figures for Rockingham Co....obviously very outdated..........................
Not for Rockingham County, VIRGINIA, ... LOL ... sorry about that.

Hey TGT while you're on here I was searching thru high school yearbooks from decades ago and was looking at Burlington yearbook (now Williams) from 1922....according to their yearbook....they played Reidsville TWICE that year with Reidsville winning both times 33-6 and 25-13....the last score is one that was not listed in our records...so I guess you can add another win to the all time list..........................................

Hey TGT while you're on here I was searching thru high school yearbooks from decades ago and was looking at Burlington yearbook (now Williams) from 1922....according to their yearbook....they played Reidsville TWICE that year with Reidsville winning both times 33-6 and 25-13....the last score is one that was not listed in our records...so I guess you can add another win to the all time list..........................................

Oh Crap, rambbq. If you start adding wins to your total, Shelby's HitmanT will bust out the archives and go off on one of those famous rants about Shelby being the #1 team in NC history and the true dynasty. You might check with him to see if its OK for TGT to add that win to your total.

Just sayin'

I'm not the one to add to the total … check with Dhag

For all you Duke football fans ( and I am not included in that group) I understand the Blue Devils are showing interest in the Rams new Jr. QB transfer, Tanner Wilson.

He has more size (height) than any of the other Ram QBs that came before. It'll be interesting to see him in action.

Oh Crap, rambbq. If you start adding wins to your total, Shelby's HitmanT will bust out the archives and go off on one of those famous rants about Shelby being the #1 team in NC history and the true dynasty. You might check with him to see if its OK for TGT to add that win to your total.

Just sayin'

Hey Einstein, I believe you have me confused with 98 Champion. The only time I go to the record books is to remind you Crest clowns who owns the overall series. Crest people lol :rolleyes:

He has more size (height) than any of the other Ram QBs that came before. It'll be interesting to see him in action.

We are scrimmaging some pretty good teams coming up, be interesting to see how the qb's do.

Hey Einstein, I believe you have me confused with 98 Champion. The only time I go to the record books is to remind you Crest clowns who owns the overall series. Crest people lol :rolleyes:

My Bad Hitman, your right, 98 is the fanatic. Apologies

Reidsville fans who want to see highlights of QB Tanner Wilson can do a google search: tanner wilson southern alamance high school.

You can catch highlights of his freshman and sophomore seasons on hudl.

After going to enter squad scrimmage tonight...Id go on limb and say Shelbys D want be no joke this year...
Very deep...very very fast. .and gang tackle well....Way ahead of where i thought they be to start.

After going to enter squad scrimmage tonight...Id go on limb and say Shelbys D want be no joke this year...
Very deep...very very fast. .and gang tackle well....Way ahead of where i thought they be to start.

Yeah....lots posed questions about our defense but man...they looked great! Brandon and Dax at LBs are going to be an absolute force. Brandon told me last year he could tackle but wow....he lays the wood! DL looked great! We are going to be S.O.L.I.D.!!! all the way around!

Chalk it up.... #15 in '15!

Shelby D held Saracuse recruit Moe Neal and 3a Forestview to -27 yds rushing fri nite....D looking pretty good..

But still long season to go and im sure Reidsvilles team will be good as always...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT