ADVERTISEMENT

PLAYOFF BRACKETS FOR 1A GIRLS WEST

Both games look like tossups to me. Bishop is a machine and they have been rolling over opponents. But Cherokee has tradition and they know they are playing for something bigger than themselves. Plus, I expect them to have huge fan support, even factoring in the long drive.

Robbinsville will also have great community support at home and they have been through the grind of an SMC schedule. But the Draughn girls are really believing in themselves and they have a pretty good pedigree themselves. If Robbinsville can limit Aubrie Snyder then they will probably win. If not, Draughn takes it.

Bishop has been playing playoff games in that gym for many years. Lots of huge conference games over the years. I don't see a problem playing at their gym now. May they should sale advance tickets only.

I'm hearing bishop Cherokee game might be moved to southwest guilford

Reactions: cimsies
Both games look like tossups to me. Bishop is a machine and they have been rolling over opponents. But Cherokee has tradition and they know they are playing for something bigger than themselves. Plus, I expect them to have huge fan support, even factoring in the long drive.

Robbinsville will also have great community support at home and they have been through the grind of an SMC schedule. But the Draughn girls are really believing in themselves and they have a pretty good pedigree themselves. If Robbinsville can limit Aubrie Snyder then they will probably win. If not, Draughn takes it.
rville gonna have all kinds of home town support from other schools in the conference since the lady braves are the only other team left and they're traveling so far away. i told a friend from draughn that they better get there early enough to even get a ticket!

Reactions: FreedomAlum
Add to that the fact Robbinsville 's gym has a moderate amount of seating. Better get there early.

Ridiculous! Cherokee didn’t pack it before. It was packed yesterday for both games with no issues. Few standing. Now, Cherokee is my de facto ‘other’ team due to lineage but smh. Also, the gym is not a MS gym as I’ve seen smaller lol.
What you think now? Would braves have filled up bishops gym? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 97Cougar
I think they will give bishop a good game Saturday. After watching Robbinsville play the last 2 games and watching Cherokee tonight... I kept thinking how did Cherokee beat this Robbinsville team 3 times. Robbinsville looked like a much better squad than Cherokee... Granted a lot of that had to do with Bishop and Bishops massive heighth advantage but still Cherokee just didn't look very good at all. Especially didn't look like a 4th round playoff team I know everyone can have an off night, maybe this was the one. Fan turnout was amazing brave nation always shows out for their squads. Best of luck to Robbinsville.... I hope y'all beat what imo is basically a charter school on Saturday.

Last edited:
I think they will give bishop a good game Saturday. After watching Robbinsville play the last 2 games and watching Cherokee tonight... I kept thinking how did Cherokee beat this Robbinsville team 3 times. Robbinsville looked like a much better squad than Cherokee... Granted a lot of that had to do with Bishop and Bishops massive heighth advantage but still Cherokee just didn't look very good at all. Especially didn't look like a 4th round playoff team I know everyone can have an off night, maybe this was the one. Fan turnout was amazing brave nation always shows out for their squads. Best of luck to Robbinsville.... I hope y'all beat what imo is basically a charter school on Saturday.
Best of luck to Robbinsville!

Lol but it’s not! Bishop by 20!

I have been able to watch cherokee a few times. Imo they had a semi off night and in the third bishop started hitting their shots alittle more and cherokee missed shots I have seen them make on atleast from what I have seen a consistent basis. To bishops credit they played pretty good disciplined defense and did a good job walling up in the paint.

I really like Robbinsvilles #4. Really good disciplined guard. To get over the top on Bishop #4 is going to have a really good game along with 24 and 11. 44 is going to need to make an impact on both sides which I think she will. I think the wildcard for Robbinsville is 23 if she can have a good game she can really help them against bishop. My expectation is Bishop will go after 44 early to open up the outside game. I do think Robbinsville has a punchers chance in this game especially if #4 can equal or plus Addie.

I think I was just bishops defense and height. Cherokee did lose a player in the second round with a pretty bad injury who played a big part in the game with bishop earlier in the season

Lol trippin. No players from out of the country OR the United States! 90% are from feeder school and others came in the 9th grade from their public. Smh

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Lol trippin. No players from out of the country OR the United States! 90% are from feeder school and others came in the 9th grade from their public. Smh
That 10% from everywhere can make a difference in basketball. Set back and watch and Bishop is a private school reaching out for more. it would be interesting to where their top 3 players were from, boys & girls.

Twins are from st Pius…feeder
jernigan went to Summit in Winston (9th grade)

the 10% are all from NC and decided to go to HS there So nope wrong. There is only 1 6t player. The next is 5’10…

We aren't saying your cheating we are just saying you have an advantage. Maxpreps roster says y'all got 4 girls 5' 10" 2 girls 5'11" and 1 6 footer. My bad for rounding up. All I know is they are tall. But congrats on the win yesterday y'all can definitely ball. All I know is I will be pulling for David vs Goliath on Saturday.

We aren't saying your cheating we are just saying you have an advantage. Maxpreps roster says y'all got 4 girls 5' 10" 2 girls 5'11" and 1 6 footer. My bad for rounding up. All I know is they are tall. But congrats on the win yesterday y'all can definitely ball. All I know is I will be pulling for David vs Goliath on Saturday.
They have to know when putting together a team like that, it's an unfair advantage. But I think they know that, especially with both boys & girls 1 game from playing for the state championship.

Reactions: KW23
I think it took us alway the to March 1 to have the Bishop discussion this year.

Anyone heard of the whereabouts of 3daughters lately, he used to really stir the pot.
Might be in retirement now. You do have to give the Coach credit he is pretty good. I've always enjoyed watching them play when they were in our conference.

🤣🤣🤣 hilarious. Mind you ive coached a public school team that had ‘transfers’ and never this much talk. A public in Guilford got 6, I said SIX NEW kids lol and no talk. I’m not salty, I just Find this hilarious and yep now ppl talk about this. Either way, win or lose, no kids from out of country (like 2 Guilford public schools), none from out of state and none recruited (especially football). Better yet the entire boys JV team (18-3) are from feeder schools lol. The boys varsity 9 out of 13 from feeders. 1 came in 9th, 1 came in 10th from being homeschooled during covid, 1
transferred as a junior and 1 came this year. None are 3/4/5 star kids lol. Anyway, win or lose Saturday I’m good knowing my boys who play varsity have grown and play for a school that does it right.
now bishop girls by 20. Close one with the boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT